David Lee appreciation thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
If there's a Knick who deserves our appreciation it's David Lee.

Thanks for all the memories, for representing NY at the last All Star game for the first time since we stopped being a competitive team, for being one of the players that fans weren't ashamed with!

Best of luck with the Warriors, i'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them!

clumsy

Rotation player
ya talk about a player that grew on me. Best of luck out in Oaksterdam....hit up those coffee shops

LeFlume

All Star
I coulden't agree more. David Lee the Knick of the 2000's. He had HEART. Never complained, NEVER, He just did what he was told and he gave it his all. Not like some of the primadonnas that we have seen taking it to the press when shit doesn't go their way. Lee, he just worked harder. RESPECT.

CoolClyde

Thanks DLEE (and N8)

knicks_lee_nate.jpg

:beer:

David Lee was argubly the knicks best player, but i strongly believe he's over rated. His shine came from the lack of true talent on the team because D.Walsh ditched all the talented players for cap space. Lee is a role player, nothing more. If Duhon is not in the game he's just an average player, ( watch, you'll see it in Golden State) And, the NY Media will blow any body up. If he was truley a franchise player or one of the top...NY would have won more games than they won since he was there...It was smart of them to not keep him for that amount of money...its about time they did something right.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Thanks for everything David. You worked your ass off. You got better. And you will continue to get better. Good luck in Oakland.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Salute to david lee....represented the orange and blue night in and night out.
RESPECT BREDREN!

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
He gave us heart, he might have not played defense well, but he played with heart and he always had his head in the game...Who can forget the tip-in!

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
To David Lee-

I love you. You will always be welcomed back in New York with open arms. Hope to see you back in where you belong very soon, a New York Knicks uniform.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
David Lee will always have respect from me. He did so much for the Knicks night in and night out. I good person that never complained and we lost a great player and person because a punk who took the easy way out. D.Lee is welcome to NY anytime and he will be missed.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
David - you were a baller. Even when we were the JOKE of the league, you showed up every night and played hard and hustled. Thanks for the memories - and we KNOW you'll dominate (P&R with Stephen Curry? Damn).

jpz17

Starter
Awesome job David. No further statement needed. You are my favorite Knick, maybe, of all-time. Too bad you just left when you got great.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i wish Lee the best throughout his career, he played hard when everyone didn't, yes he never won but he did give it his all when things were bad and for that i respect Lee and wish him all the best:2cents:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
David Lee, I wish you nothing but the best. You were a true class act through the whole process and that cannot be said for all. I'm sad to see you go, but now I have a reason to root for the Warriors (when they don't play us). I know without a doubt you will recieve a standing ovation once you return the Garden.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Sad to see he's not a Knick. I love his game and attitude. I hope he has a lot of success for the seasons to come. I hope he'll be back. Thanks, Lee.