Hedo Turkoglu and move W. Chandler ! -- mabye Tony Parker / Rubio?

richtree

Rotation player
I think both of these guys are viable, REALISTIC, options that we could obtain immediatly.

The Raptors are rebuilding and Turkoglu will want out with and expiring contact I think we can get him for less.

I now think Hedo Turkoglu should be our #1 priority.

He will fit in our system nice as he is a well rounded player that can play the 2guard and shift to the SF if needed. He is in international style player that fits with the Knicks offensvie but can defend big 2 guards.

I also think Tony Parker would fit nicely, but this all depends if SA will allow him to go (or if he wants to leave).

For some reason, I still think Rubio will be a Knick. I can't see him leaving the hot stardom of Spain for the cold timber of the TWolves.

I think we build a strong team this season and go from there into the future.

PG -- Parker, T.Douglas, Rautins <---Could be Rubio instead of Parker
SG -- Turkoglu, Chandler, House <--- MOVE CHANDLER
SF -- Gallinari, Azibukee, Walker
PF -- Stoudamire, Barron
C -- Randolph, Jordan

that's a lot of players and McGrady,Harrington, and Giddens are options as well.

I hope Mike D'Antoni can mold his coaching philosphy just a tad bit...he can extend his rotation a bit and realize that there will be injuries throughout a season that requires depth.

I REALLY, REALLY THINK WE GET TURKOGLU AND move Wilson Chandler.

He isn't a SG or SF plus he doesn't play with enough energy to come off the bench.

D'Antoni will be under pressure this season (especially with Walsh retiring) so we must do something now!

This is best plan for this season. Any Critics ? (Of course, I know there will be)

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
What is with the love affair that people have with Rubio? He never, ever, ever played a game of NBA basketball! Until I see otherwise, Toney Douglas>Ricky Rubio.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Do I have a problem with picking up one of the WORST free agent signings in recent memory?

Why yes. Yes I do. Hedo Turkoglu would be a TERRIBAD idea.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
What is with the love affair that people have with Rubio? He never, ever, ever played a game of NBA basketball! Until I see otherwise, Toney Douglas>Ricky Rubio.

I`ve watched Rubio playing for Barcelona all season long. He has been phenomenol for them. Barcelona also won the Euroleague title this year meaning that they are by far the best team in the whole of Europe.

Rubio was a massive reason for there success.

I realise that playing in the NBA is a massive step up from European basketball but I think that he is the real deal and the NBA team that has him have got a truly great star of the future.

iSaYughh

Starter
Eh. Turk? His contract sucks, man. Long, bloated, and he's already old and arguably on a steep decline already.

Would -love- Parker or a KahnPG (flynn/Rubio), though.

The "fascination" with Rubio? Why does him not having played in the NBA mean he isn't a wise, high-reward, minimal-risk move with a good chance to succeed here?

I hate to mention his name, but for the sake of argument: lebron had never played a game in the nba. He was still obv a very wise, amazing pickup that everyone coveted and woulda sacrificed for.

Rubio is no LeBastard coming into the NBA, but it's the same principle.

Same for Curry, Tyrke, etcetcetc Some guys you know have core talent that's going to translate in some capacity to your team, and you make a gamble that you get even more on their promise being actualized.

His offense, especially jumper, is suspect and his potential Achilles heal. But even if we accept that it never becomes legit, he could be a very prudent even great player to have; just for his court vision, passing, and ability to play D.

All depends on what we give up, of course.

p0nder

Starter
Having watched a lot of Rubio games in the euroleague postseason I saw a LOT of flaws that nba caliber teams would exploit. He has a lot of turnover, makes some poor decisions with the ball and isn't as great of a playmaker as he is a passer (if that makes sense to anyone)

Turk is a terrible contract and not the piece we need. He would work better on a team that needs veteran leadership and has a specif 3pt shooter hole to fill. We have a spot up shooter on the floor in Gallo so this would only limit his production and growth.

Parker would be the best fit in this team of the abopve mentioned players. Flynn would not be a bad pick up either. But i don't see how it would be possible. We have to be wary of picking up bad contracts (turk) cause in the near future players are going to want to have teams that will compete with the lakers, orlando and miami. New york presents a lot of potential in the coming years if we avoid bad contracts and long term deals with unproven players.

I'm still pumped for the future of Knicks basketball but we'll have to wait a few years before we see a championship.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I don't like wilson Chandler. Hes not a team player and doesent seem that hungry, smart. I wish they would find a way to get someone better.

iSaYughh

Starter
I don't like wilson Chandler. Hes not a team player and doesent seem that hungry, smart. I wish they would find a way to get someone better.

We have Azzy now, too. Chandler is extra-expendable.

If Walsh can deal Chandler usefully, the GSW deal will be even more masterful.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I just feel like Donnie Walsh has a gut feeling about players that are hungry and go hard. I Think Wilson Chandler can play some but look at 2 of these players we just got. I'm no expert but I watch Amare. I know his past. Randolph is hungry. I like both because they will be dunkin on anybody on the heat. Done deal.

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
I like Rubio's handle, passing skills, court vision and high-energy motor even though I realize that he is an unproven entity in the Association... But what I really, really dig about this kid is his balls to publicly proclaim his desire to play in the Mecca for the NY Knicks... gotta love it, especially at the time (2009 draft) when our team was in the midst of rebuilding and didn't have much at all to show for... Love the kid for that... Unfortunately he ain't our kid... Let's see how his negotiations with Barcelona and Minnesota pans out and if the slightest possibility opens up we should take advantage a make a run for him...

Hedo... stay as far away from him and his contract as you possibly can and give Gallo all the time and resources you can to develop him into an elite shooter and two-way baller. Much wiser investment than a Hedo...

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Turkoglu? Are you serious, dude?
Rubio would be nice, so would be Flynn. Just read somewhere, that the Wolves are going after another veteran PG, so one of them might be available.

richtree

Rotation player
maybe I don't have the new Hedo contract ?

I only see him locked up for 1 more year? NO ?

if not someone get me a link pls...

thx

highesthigh

Benchwarmer
What about Jose Calderon? The Raptors may try to move his contract as well. He is the type of PG we need.

Wow! Just checked out pedro's hoopshype link... Calderon is owed 3 yrs-30M... Is he worth it? Maybe I'll pass... There may be better deals/shorter terms out there...

richtree

Rotation player
I am very sorry.

I ran it thru rotoworld and the quick search.

It said only one year left, no extension.....

SCRATCH THAT !!!! LOL.....

I STILL THINK WE NEED TO MOVE CHANDLER FOR GUARD HELP!

Paul1355

All Star
I think both of these guys are viable, REALISTIC, options that we could obtain immediatly.

The Raptors are rebuilding and Turkoglu will want out with and expiring contact I think we can get him for less.

I now think Hedo Turkoglu should be our #1 priority.

He will fit in our system nice as he is a well rounded player that can play the 2guard and shift to the SF if needed. He is in international style player that fits with the Knicks offensvie but can defend big 2 guards.

I also think Tony Parker would fit nicely, but this all depends if SA will allow him to go (or if he wants to leave).

For some reason, I still think Rubio will be a Knick. I can't see him leaving the hot stardom of Spain for the cold timber of the TWolves.

I think we build a strong team this season and go from there into the future.

PG -- Parker, T.Douglas, Rautins <---Could be Rubio instead of Parker
SG -- Turkoglu, Chandler, House <--- MOVE CHANDLER
SF -- Gallinari, Azibukee, Walker
PF -- Stoudamire, Barron
C -- Randolph, Jordan

that's a lot of players and McGrady,Harrington, and Giddens are options as well.

I hope Mike D'Antoni can mold his coaching philosphy just a tad bit...he can extend his rotation a bit and realize that there will be injuries throughout a season that requires depth.

I REALLY, REALLY THINK WE GET TURKOGLU AND move Wilson Chandler.

He isn't a SG or SF plus he doesn't play with enough energy to come off the bench.

D'Antoni will be under pressure this season (especially with Walsh retiring) so we must do something now!

This is best plan for this season. Any Critics ? (Of course, I know there will be)
So lets bring Turkoglu, Gallinari in a different body but Gallo has more upside.
Hedo cant play Defense and is a major ball hog, so no he will not be good in mike d's system which is all about passing and sharing the ball.

Plus his contract is horrible and we lose out on FA in 2011...bad idea

And screw Rubio.

Kahn wont give him up unless Rubio demands a trade and you are honestly living in a fantasy if u think he will be a Knick next year

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I am very sorry.

I ran it thru rotoworld and the quick search.

It said only one year left, no extension.....

SCRATCH THAT !!!! LOL.....

I STILL THINK WE NEED TO MOVE CHANDLER FOR GUARD HELP!

Lol don't scare us like that bro. Turk signed an awfulllllllll 5 year 50 million dollar contract last year. The thought of him being on this team with that contract gives me visions of Isiah Thomas smiling.