Chris Broussard Carmelo is dyin to come to NY espn radio ny

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Melo in NY would be a a sweet dream!
But first we need to get a good "general" (PG) to run the troops and then we can think about him.
Boy that would be awesome, the good old rivarly would be back!

GO KNICKS!

Ya I hear ya... But Ive been hearing this every wear I go. Today was the first time I heard someone say Melo is dyin to come to NY. But it's common knowledge. I want to worry about this season. But I keep on hearing it so I had to bring it up. But heres the sad story it's a rumor. And as much as I would like to believe it, It could not be true. But my gut says he wants to be on the east coast and wants to be in NYC

metrocard

Legend
Personally I hate Carmelo.
Rocks the PR Flag on his hand, but doesn't play for the national team...probably has no idea of PR culture or history or traditions.

Plus we're set at the 3-4-5 with Randolph, Gallinari and Stoudimire. I don't want people out of positions.

Lets get a PG and call it an off season.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
u dont think they can get a better package for melo than just gallo elsewhere?????make sense

The surely would get better offers, but if he only wants to be traded to New York, we might be a little more in the drivers seat. Who trades for a player, that might not stay after this season?
I'd rather throw in Chandler or Walker and try to keep Randolph.

Well a few things, and call it a pipe dream but b/c Chris Broussard is really really legit now, let me have my hopes and dreams...

Carmelo demands out, and a trade to NY. Yes, he is a bad guy, but he's OUR bad guy.

CP3 - we hope - is a competitor. Because he is a competitor, he wants to go AGAINST and BEAT his BFF LeBron, and also wants to go to NY b/c Melo and Stat are there. We sign and trade McGrady AND Al AND give up our right to the Houston pick or our own pick (whichever we have) to get CP3 and take back a shitty contract a la Okafor.

1- CP3
2- Melo
3- Gallo
4- STAT
5- Randolph

You have CP3 slashing and scoring, STAT and Randolph causing headaches in the paint. Gallo as an outside threat so the defense can't collapse, and Melo able to score however whenever.

They could play half court sets. They could play run-n-gun D'Antoni style. Nobody could stop that team.

A pipe dream I know, but if that happens, we have a champ.

as amazing as this lineup is it is realistic if the knicks make some moves and this will be my fave for the title and easily to have a fast paced team and all these athletic dudes i am drooling

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Man I would be so fkkn happy. I mean hes got his flaws. Some of you guys know better then me. Like I say I'm no expert but Melo in the orange and blue gives me goosebumps. Melo is a champ. Somebody please make this happen

LOL And so it starts again. Now so called knick fans will go the entire year thinking about Carmelo , talking him up, saying this and saying that, and if he doesn't come, sh*t on him as if HE came out and said he wanted to come to the knicks and then jilted them ...

Weren't a lot of you guys sh*ttin on Brousard ever since the season ended? why even pay attention to him now... oh because he was right about lebron not coming to the knicks... i swear some of you guys are like sheep

LOL And so it starts again. Now so called knick fans will go the entire year thinking about Carmelo , talking him up, saying this and saying that, and if he doesn't come, sh*t on him as if HE came out and said he wanted to come to the knicks and then jilted them ...

Weren't a lot of you guys sh*ttin on Brousard ever since the season ended? why even pay attention to him now... oh because he was right about lebron not coming to the knicks... i swear some of you guys are like sheep

in all honestly he makes a good point no offense wrinx

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Rocks the PR Flag on his hand, but doesn't play for the national team...probably has no idea of PR culture or history or traditions.

Plus we're set at the 3-4-5 with Randolph, Gallinari and Stoudimire. I don't want people out of positions.

First part is foolish, everyone in the United States can rock a flag from another country to show your heritage since everyone in this country has roots elsewhere, whether your ancestors migrated here willingly or unwillingly. So him rocking a PR flag doesn't mean he has to play for the PR national team, it just means that part of his heritage is important to him.

And I agree with the second part of that quote. I don't want to trade anyone to get Melo. If he wants to play here that badly then let's just add him to the current roster via free agency (and he really wouldn't be out of position at the 2, his skill set and height would let him play the 2 or 3 easily.)

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I would never shtt on melo. Thats my boy. I don't put to much stock into a lot of these things. There whatever. Sooo ya I miss your point.. And I'm not goin the whole year expecting Anthony. Those are high expectations and I wouldnt want to be let down. Thats all man. No hard feelings. LOL

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I love Gallo but if we have to trade him or put him on the bench to get Melo I am all for it. With the current team I rather have CP3 but Melo is a notch below Wade/Kobe/Lebron and if he can be had we need to pull the trigger.

dre48ny

Rotation player
yeah man lets not starting BS players cause we didn't get lebron. We have a legitimate superstar to recruit other ballers. Rome wasnt built overnight. I want Parker and Melo in 2011.

mafra

Legend

Exactly. If Melo really wants to come to NY, and have a shot to win a title next year.... Don't sign the extension and come for the max next July.

Don't force a trade here, so we can keep Gallo & Randolph.

Let's see you and T-Parker pull a Lebron-Bosh.... both wait until next summer and then come to NY at salary-cap friendly prices.

This way, we can let Amar'e get situated. Make this his team. Let players like Douglas-Gallo-Randolph work, grow, mature and get valuable experience. Let Turiaf play defense, rebound and fit in, help out in the lockeroom.

Let Walker-Azubuike audition for spots. Let's see if Chandler can grow.

This way, the NYK will be title ready in 2011.... Just add water (Parker-Melo).

It can happen if you make it happen:

Parker/Douglas/Rautins
Gallo/Walker
Melo/Chandler_or_Fields
Amar'e/Turiaf/Landry
Randolph/Jordan

This team would rock in 2011. Might have to trade Chandler to make it happen, but you get the idea. Curry-Azubuike off the books means we sign Melo. Maybe we trade Curry and have enough to offer Parker something?

NOW, the only way I would deal for Melo this year is if it only costs Chandler-Curry type package.

We need to keep Gallo-Randolph!

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Exactly. If Melo really wants to come to NY, and have a shot to win a title next year.... Don't sign the extension and come for the max next July.

Don't force a trade here, so we can keep Gallo & Randolph.

Let's see you and T-Parker pull a Lebron-Bosh.... both wait until next summer and then come to NY at salary-cap friendly prices.

This way, we can let Amar'e get situated. Make this his team. Let players like Douglas-Gallo-Randolph work, grow, mature and get valuable experience. Let Turiaf play defense, rebound and fit in, help out in the lockeroom.

Let Walker-Azubuike audition for spots. Let's see if Chandler can grow.

This way, the NYK will be title ready in 2011.... Just add water (Parker-Melo).

It can happen if you make it happen:

Parker/Douglas/Rautins
Gallo/Walker
Melo/Chandler_or_Fields
Amar'e/Turiaf/Landry
Randolph/Jordan

This team would rock in 2011. Might have to trade Chandler to make it happen, but you get the idea. Curry-Azubuike off the books means we sign Melo. Maybe we trade Curry and have enough to offer Parker something?

NOW, the only way I would deal for Melo this year is if it only costs Chandler-Curry type package.

We need to keep Gallo-Randolph!

I agree with this logic. If Melo did that. He would have a alot of my respect

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Can't we wait and see how our PG's this year develop before we start saying we need to get someone now. For me we have been in such a shit storm trying to build a team through F.A. and it hasn't worked out. Why don't we start trying to develop the talent we have on the team? Sure it takes a while, but the results are better in my mind. I like Toney who came on strong and also Andy R. seems legit in that he can slow the play up or run in transition and he can pull up in transition and he has good passing and court sense. Give our young guys a chance before we start trying to do sign and trades for melo and CP3. If it doesn't work out this year with the young guys then we can always make a move next year with a much more experienced team and we might be able to still sign two max contract guys next year or at least one and a very good other player. Patience is all we need. At the moment we have something that excites me. Players who can get it done on the defensive end. Collectively we are so improved defensively it blows my mind.

Paul1355

All Star
Man I would be so fkkn happy. I mean hes got his flaws. Some of you guys know better then me. Like I say I'm no expert but Melo in the orange and blue gives me goosebumps. Melo is a champ. Somebody please make this happen
Melo would be loved in NY so much that LBJ will be a distant fantasy.

Just think of how jealous LBJ will be that he could have had ridiculous fame and love in NY with Amare and a well balanced young core, instead he is the most hated man in sports.

Paul1355

All Star
Would love Melo. But I'm now prepared to have the Knicks be built into a champion without superstars.

What position do you think Melo would play if he came though? And gallo?
Melo would be our option A, Amare option B and Gallo opton C

I would rather have superstars, personally.

And if Melo really wants to come here then we should do everything to make it happen.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Dumbass. So called Knicks fan but take Rubio over MELO??? Here is your proof people. Metrotard is a basketball knownothing.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo would be our option A, Amare option B and Gallo opton C

I would rather have superstars, personally.

And if Melo really wants to come here then we should do everything to make it happen.

Man if MELO wanted to come here and the Nuggets wanted Gallo, send that Italian donut packing.