Knicks Close On Multi-Year Deal For Felton

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
The Knicks are close to signing Raymond Felton to a multi-year deal, according to sources that spoke with Yahoo's Marc J. Spears. RealGM Note: Felton is an unrestricted free agent after he was unable to agree to a long-term deal with Charlotte last summer.
Felton was the fifth overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi..._on_multi_year_deal_for_felton/#ixzz0tDmQmnCE

multi-year deal for felton....mmmmmmm
what do you guys think about this?

iSaYughh

Starter
Lame. I pray to god it isn't the rape I expect...

Cmon Donnie, prove the doubters wrong and don't start getting held up in the post-LeBastard saga in signings...

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm also most worried about ramifications to our final FA pickups and strategy in dealing for a 1 with our newfound assets (Parker, KahnPG).

Let's see what kind of numbers Walsh is co-signing.

LeFlume

All Star
Maybe it's not such a bad idea. He played for Roy Williams and North Carolina which play an uptempo style similar to the Knicks. Maybe he can flourish in a system he is familiar with.

Red

TYPE-A
Please read the "Wake up people: Economics of sport" thread before b*tching about this contract offer.

it will help explain why. It's not about "what he's worth" to you or the league, but to the Knicks. THIS IS THE PRICE WE HAVE TO PAY TO GET HIM (or anyone else).

Many experts feel he is made for this type of system and will flourish as Brown had the reigns on him

Me, I'm not sure, but I do like his size (no homo) and he did shoot 47%.

....and yes I already know "at one price he's o.k, at another, he's not so much" but the point is..... NEW YORK WILL ALWAYS PAY MORE FOR SUCCESS. Accept it. It's just basic supply and demand.

moneyg

Starter
U guys amaze me if u think td and luke is better than felton. Does anyone watch games. He is a proven starter and can run a team fulltime. He will command more than luke that's just cuz he's better. Td can not run a team. He is better defensively yes but he is best served as a backup. So I assuming you would pay luke and td more than five mil a year if they were FA. Comeon. R u serious.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Whats the deal with this. I see this dude thats fast as hell on his highlights. I remember when they one it all in NC. Now I'M just watching highlights. But this dude looks faster then anybody. Thats what I remember about him. He looks real athletic.. can do the fast break thing and dish the ball quick. Now On first glance looks like he has a crossover, that is not a poormans crossover. Don't no how frequently he puts that down like that though. That looks like a high motor.

So what is it
Buyer beware?
Whats his attitude like anyone?
Don't pay him to much, is a common theme I think I'm hearing

rw005

Benchwarmer
I'm all for the signing, I just don't want him to chuck like 8 3s a game and not pass the ball, him and TD will be lightning quick!!!

Get him like a cheap deal, Ridnour at first I thought would be good, but he seems more as a Back-Up.

moneyg

Starter
Whats the deal with this. I see this dude thats fast as hell on his highlights. I remember when they one it all in NC. Now I'M just watching highlights. But this dude looks faster then anybody. Thats what I remember about him. He looks real athletic.. can do the fast break thing and dish the ball quick. Now On first glance looks like he has a crossover, that is not a poormans crossover. Don't no how frequently he puts that down like that though. That looks like a high motor.

So what is it
Buyer beware?
Whats his attitude like anyone?
Don't pay him to much, is a common theme I think I'm hearing

None of that. When he came out of college he was suppose to be behind only chris paul and deron. He slightly underachieved but he played in charlotte. Which is where he's from (NC). Always liked his game. Can play d or he wouldn't of played for larry brown. I think he worth 3 yrs 21 mil. He will be better in the open court and yer the crossover is real. Its his trademark. He is very hard to stay in front of. Don't know what all the fus is about. Yeah he's no wade or lebron. But besides deron, paul, nash and rondo. He next level when it comes to running a team.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Here we go. Money to burn so sign anybody for too much because we gave our draft picks away again. FIRE WALSH, FIRE DANT, START OVER!!!!

iSaYughh

Starter
Some semantics. It isn't that he is "overpaid", but that his risk-reward + ability + impact on our cap, future, etc all isn't "worth" it when compared to other alternatives.

Just saying a guy is getting "paid too much" or has "too much money" as a salary, is most peoples simplified/colloquial way of expression.

I agree w Red though and that big article he linked in a new thread, that it isnt them ever being truly "overpaid".

We/Walsh obv want everyone at the absolute lowest price point.

When a Felton (or Amare, or whomever) comes, at whatever price, it is what is. It's what they --are-- truly worth (as dictated by the market and our submission to it. Its the reality).

Whether you should --comply-- with the market on given choices is the separate issue.

Anyways, Felton was a 5 pick, no? And he's like 26 I'd guess, maybe 27?

He's also proven.

It still might not be worth submitting to the market since he isn't some final piece or anything, and his contract could really impact our cap maneuvering and trade dealings for people who would either have bigger impacts as final pieces, or carry a lower price (risk) point.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
None of that. When he came out of college he was suppose to be behind only chris paul and deron. He slightly underachieved but he played in charlotte. Which is where he's from (NC). Always liked his game. Can play d or he wouldn't of played for larry brown. I think he worth 3 yrs 21 mil. He will be better in the open court and yer the crossover is real. Its his trademark. He is very hard to stay in front of. Don't know what all the fus is about. Yeah he's no wade or lebron. But besides deron, paul, nash and rondo. He next level when it comes to running a team.

Thats what I sense. I gotta watch him live. I don't watch the bobcats like that. I know his background. I gotta get the pass so I can watch all these teams.

mafra

Legend
I'm sure all these moves are in conjunction with one another. I would imagine that we have set our sights on Carmelo.

Felton/Douglas/Ridnour

That's our PG situation folks.

Felton was best one on the market, so if we get him for 6-7 mil a year.... Fine by me. Ridnour was nice and all, but they obviously prefer Felton. Plus it keeps him out of MIA.

Felton and Douglas could also play together at times.

Felton working the pick-n-roll with STAT, Gallo on the wing, and Randolph roaming baseline.... Nice.

We also have no clue what other moves they have up their sleeves. Maybe they plan on trading Douglas with Curry?

I DEFINITELY sense this signing would mean we are all-in on Melo.

Felton
Gallo
Melo
Amar'e
Randolph

There's your 2011 starting five.