Good thing or bad thing?

• Good

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • BAD

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Whats the deal witht this kid. I remember watching North Carolina with him being fast as hell. I don't remember off hand how he does in the NBA. Whats his deal. Is he a starting PG

rw005

Benchwarmer
I respect Felton, he's going to be a pretty good passing guy for Amare, and maybe can run the Pick-and-Roll with him and Gallo, as long as he doesn't chuck up a bajillion 3s, like DuHound did, then I will be happy :smokin:

Just hope we don't overpay him.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Just watched highlights. Now this is just highlights. But what I see is someone fast as hell. Freakish Fast. Can dish the ball quick in transition. Has a crossover that looks effective. Can't judge to much off videos though.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im actually happy about this signing felton is young he's 25 i think and isnt even in the prime of his career yet. D'Ant can turn him into a solid starting PG he has career averages of 13.5 and 6.4 ( points assists ).

under D'antoni he could possibly average 16-17 and 8 considering all point guards who played under D'Ant saw increases in their numbers, so these numbers of Felton are possible.

our Knicks are back.....and i still think were not done yet:gony:

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
This is almost a no-brainer, IMO. He was pretty easily the best PG available in this year's free-agent class and his strength is his speed in leading the break . . . he is PERFECT for D'Antoni's system.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm happy with the signing. The Knicks needed a point guard, and Felton is a good point guard. The Knicks definitely have a chance to make the playoffs next year, but it's going to be tough. D'Antoni likes to play favorites with his starting lineups, so I'm not assuming that Felton, Turiaf, or Randolph are going to get much playing time until I see it.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Seems like almost everyone can agree now that we have solid players and where finally gettin back to the playoffs and can be a threat.

Kiyaman

Legend
Signing Felton has its good & bad points

Is our 2011 draft pick protected in anyway?

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>
Felton played in 80 games for Charlotte last season and averaged 12.1 points, 5.6 assists and 3.6 rebounds in helping the team reach the postseason for the first time in its existence.

The North Carolina product has spent his entire career with the Bobcats and has averaged 13.3 points, 6.4 assists and 3.4 rebounds per contest over 399 games, including 369 starts.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I like Felton, his talent is above Duhon but.....
Douglas may take his starting job before the season is out.

In my book, Felton has been the poorest PG in his draft class.
In the 5 years of the Knicks vs Bobcats, PG-Felton has never
been a threat or showed any amazing skills where Knick fans
wouldve feared the Bobcats PG position.

Nate Robinson with only half the playingtime of Felton in 5 years,
has showed to be more of an offense/defense threat vs oponents
than Felton has showed as a starter.
Felton has never reached the potential of talent that was expected
from the change of college to NBA.

I have nothing against Felton, but I do believe David Lee wouldve been
the best player on our roster (Amare included) to improve Felton's PG talents.
I was looking more at going after the pair of FA Ridnoir & Salmons.

P.S.
Watching the Summer Games Mr. Jordan Hill is murdering every oponent
in the paint.
The Rockets having young big Patterson/athletic scoring Taylor
their games show they were not the team to swap draft picks
with next season.
Do we have any protection on our swap draft pick???

nuckles2k2

Superstar
1st overall pick protection. But I have a feeling that we'll finish with a better record than the Rockets. We're becoming a solid team in the East who should be able to compete with most of the teams.

The Rockets are in the West which is still very much rape city with the likes of the Spurs, Nuggets, Lakers, Thunder, Jazz, and Trail Blazers. I still think think the West is deeper top to bottom. With the right players we'll be a solid 45+ win team.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Let's remember this guy put up decent numbers in the slowest, most lethargic offensive scheme in the NBA. He is a needed upgrade and necessary for Amare's game. He is def best pg FA out there.

All anyone has to do here is to take a look at Mr. Felton's game logs from his 08-09 season when he got the majority of the PT at PG. Not to mention like TR1 said, this was all under Larry's slow it down, grind it out halfcourt offense.

So its safe to say, the sky is the limit for this kid under D'Antoni's system.

Just go back and look at his game logs from past seasons and you can see the kid has major talent.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Let's remember this guy put up decent numbers in the slowest, most lethargic offensive scheme in the NBA. He is a needed upgrade and necessary for Amare's game. He is def best pg FA out there.

Thats what I'm banking on. Just my opinion. Common Logic says hes gonna flourish under this system. I like what I see. Hes way faster and more polished then Duhon If I can judge off his tapes.

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
get hyppppeeeedd people.... this is whats gonna happen in the garden against the heat... what a weak crowd they have

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/03WIHQMnqeo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Paul1355

All Star
Fleton has played in a half court system when he made for the fast paced, SSOL, Mike D'Antoni system. In North Carolina, people say he was great because he ran a fast paced offense, SO let's see what he does and he was the best PG on the market.

I think Felton is a better pick up than Mike Miller who is 30 and can fade out in 2 years...atleast Felton is only 26 and his 3rd year is not even guaranteed.

8.6 mil per year is steeper than I thought but I guess other teams had bids on him so i like the move.

I didnt know how good he was on defense so that made me happy we chose him over Ridnour who cant play D.

Fast, can cut through defenders, decent shot, excels in a fast paced system, has the stamina of a work horse, young...I think it is a good PG to put with Amare and Gallo.

KingCharles34

All Star
LMMFAO @ those anti Lebron burn in hell pussy sigs, im almost in tears :lol: :lol:

I think Lebron just passed Kobe and Garnett as the most hated player in the NBA....

The Bobcats are one of the few nba teams that I have never had much of an interest in watchin, G WAllace can be fun to watch sometimes but overall they're just boring to me...and its always been that way to me

Im not very familiar with Felton or how he plays but a couple of posters made interesting points about how the bobcats have always been more of a halfcourt team, especially now with LBrown as their coach. Hopefully the uptempo style of play fits him better and he finally reaches his potential, from what I remember he was destined to be a star point guard and it just hasnt worked out for him so far in his career.

But no matter how much of an underachiever he is, I would think he has to be decently better then Duhon, and after having Duhon as our point guard I cant complain about this signing at all.

I didnt see too many comments about his defense, can someone breakdown his D for me?