Breaking it Down (in ct for carmelos wedding???)....and all the months they waited..

moneyg

Starter
i thought Lebron was in ct for this wedding... i guess not cuz he is in MIA....why Gren, CT for decision makes no sense

chris bosh is like " all the months we waited" this was planned from the start..the drawn out process was to make it look good for stern bcuz of tampering.....he knew bosh was neve goin agree to a ssign and trade to the cavs..put it out there like it wa a possibilty ...BULLDOOOODOOOOO...aight

gilbert Knew..ok he had this speach written a long time ago..byron scott goes to his clinic and they dont even talk..come on.. and>>>>

GET this The cavs still agree to a sign and trade .. cuz they got no choice.. can t turn down two first rounders and a 2nd one tooo... gota get something...this is stupid.. keep it funky and say at the start pf Fagency.. we r tryin to play together..

AND DDDDfish not takin 1.1 mil from heat when LA offered him more.. KOBE would smack this piss outta him.....

im truely ammused...

Hey lebron"IT GONNA BE EASY" u said it urself ..Your gonna bring PAT the RAT outta retirement to play with u like from his kentucky days....

i guess the truth comes out in the end..

play the games...dwadE and bosh r goo for 20 games apeice on injury..

HEY DONNIE.....sign welesy mathews......

CLOWNS...

jzero29

Rotation player
what???

are your drunk,derranged or iliterate? just trying to figure out what you just said? lebron never played at kentucky, who's pat the rat? reilly?

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
are your drunk,derranged or iliterate? just trying to figure out what you just said? lebron never played at kentucky, who's pat the rat? reilly?

yeah pat the rat reilly

lol! it was hard for me to understand too! i imagined myself talking to some crazy homeless dude when i read this lol!!!!!!!!!

moneyg

Starter

First of all. Did u see the party/new conf they threw in miami.

Riley was at kentucky. Pat always been pat the rat since he faxed in his resume to the knicks. U should know that if u were a knicks fan
Just be quiet if u don't know waht ur talin about. Ok....

CLOWNS

dassknick

Benchwarmer
x2_1e4343f

While the Three Mi-egos (as Dan LeBatard coined them) were doing bromance interviews, this was taken earlier today in NYC on Melo's pre-wedding boat ride.

These two get it.

Caption is "Discussin future..."

http://tweetphoto.com/31732799

iSaYughh

Starter
Dear God,

Plz give Melo the brass to undercut Denver and force -them- into a corner where they must trade you to NY.

The depressing thing though is...any way this can get done without giving up Gallo?

Douglas, Walker, Chandler, pick, Curry?

Could Randolph be a key that we turn around and use? Hmm..

iSaYughh

Starter
wouldn't it be better to wait a year when he is a FA and get him without losing any major components

Ideally. But it will be tough for Melo to risk new CBA rules when a fat extension is on the table now and going forward.

It could very well be best for Melo and best for Nuggets to want to deal him.

My guess/hope that i think is rooted in the perspectives that we'll be dealing with:

Melo semi-bluffs.

Emphatically declines extension and says either trade me to NY or I'm walking to NY the milisecond the season ends.

Force Denver to trade or risk looking like supreme fools and left covered in dust (a la CLE).

Might be able to get her done then and wrapped up without risking a snafu or Gallo/Randolph (more time can be good, but it can invite crippling n?w variables to come in play).

I could almost see an E-City like deal; in that we mortgage our future and include a couple firsts to go along with Curry and Chandler.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
SOMETHING that will ALWAYS be in the back of my mind. Is this dude Lebron comin up north bein real close to what the Knicks call home. Is it true he went down south after

dassknick

Benchwarmer
wouldn't it be better to wait a year when he is a FA and get him without losing any major components

Only if Melo is ok with the possibility of leaving a large sum of money on the table and not sign his extension with Denver.

However if he did that, come free agency he walks into a great situation. His native city full with respect for him since he passed on $65 mil 3-year deal and joins a team stacked ready to contend for a championship, including one of his best friends in Amar'e and Gallo who he loves.

iSaYughh

Starter
exactly! why trade people...we just need to be patient thats all

We could wait. I absolutely wouldn't.

Melo wants to come and is ready to come right now. I'd go full blast, max effort to fulfill that and work with him in doing all to get it done now. Coerce Denver's best perceived interest into making a deal.

Waiting risks Melo caving into a secure, juicy, fat extension amidst unpredictable and ominous CBA uncertainty. And other whack shit that could always skullfck our chances with him.

If we can secure him now and give up a package like Curry, Chandler, Walker, and a couple 1sts we gotta do it and not theorize about getting this huge something for nothing (aside some cap cash) at a later date.

Its a deadly, young, Heat-slaying franchise on the line. Inserting Melo into Felton, Douglas, Azzy, Gallo, Randolph, Amare, Turiaf is a proposition that should be pounced on astat and secured as much as possible, even at an expense of some future "ideal".

iSaYughh

Starter
If we had a 99% shot at putting some combo of the following talent on the floor:

Felton-Douglas
Melo-Rautins
Gallo-Azzy
Randolph-Turiaf
Amare-Jordan

Vs.

Even a 80% shot at the aforesaid but also preserving Walker, Chandler, and some 1st rounders...I'd go with the near mortal lock.

Guess it all depends on what we have to give. But if Melo --- and Knick brass -- play they're cards right I feel that we should hold the trump card vs DEN, and be able to swing a relatively favorable trade.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
If we had a 99% shot at putting some combo of the following talent on the floor:

Felton-Douglas
Melo-Rautins
Gallo-Azzy
Randolph-Turiaf
Amare-Jordan

Vs.

Even a 80% shot at the aforesaid but also preserving Walker, Chandler, and some 1st rounders...I'd go with the near mortal lock.

Guess it all depends on what we have to give. But if Melo --- and Knick brass -- play they're cards right I feel that we should hold the trump card vs DEN, and be able to swing a relatively favorable trade.

I like that trump Card Idea. I hope Melo is down the way we want him to be. I hope denver has to take what they can get or not ask for gallo. I understand that logic ty.

iSaYughh

Starter
I'm not disagreeing with you but why would denver want chandler walker or curry.

Chandler, Walker, two 1sts, Curry.

Knick brass and Melo in concert -- put DEN into a corner.

DEN can't truly risk a legit shot Melo dusts them blank, a la Lebron to CLE, ya kmow?

Convince them he badly wants NY. Bad enough to wait and join and be a NY legend and icon..could for sure see them making a safe, panic trade to prevent total disaster.

Melo just leaving their asses after a bitter year of ball is hella worse than building up with multiple extra 1st round picks, 2 young pieces with talent, and an asset in Curry to try to deal or just let melt and have extra cap.

I don't know the beat of Nugget management, and if they operate like a Khan or wherever...but superficially, I can def see us performing our first true rape and power move in a long, long time. :)

iSaYughh

Starter
Two firsts with all that. Seems like a lot. Not acting like I know.

If we get away with just one, or none, fantastic.

In the trade scenario i put out, which I really feel could get it done, we are essentially mortgaging our future. Not unlike what we did with E-City. Of course, Melo is no Eddy Curry; and our supporting cast is not the filth Isiah had been giving us.

I won't repeat the lineup, but if we got that -- which we would in this spot, i wouldn't sweat the picks at all.

The juice (instantly becoming contenders on the rise who could put an epic beat down on MIA) would be worth the squeeze (some first round picks that'd best be part of a strategy most suited for a team still building..we'd be built, and young).

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I fell ya. We need Melo. I know it's a dream right now. But I would like to see what everybody would think about that. It is Melo. And giving up away more picks when we never have picks is a valid point. That seems like a lot more then I want to give. But puttin your trust in melo is different then curry. Agreed.