Thread: breaking own lebron james

Hybrid View

Banned

Default breaking own lebron james

is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?

Veteran

Lebron went to Miami because he wants to.

All this analysis of why is pointless.

He is an individual who decided this is what I want to do.

He signed a contract years ago to set this up.

He turned down NY, Left Cleveland so he can team up with Bosh, Wade and PAT RILEY.

One might say he said screw the media, screw everyone , I am doing what I want to do.

How can you knock a guy for that ?
    ( yes the TV crap was a mistake )

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Lebron went to Miami because he wants to.

All this analysis of why is pointless.

He is an individual who decided this is what I want to do.

He signed a contract years ago to set this up.

He turned down NY, Left Cleveland so he can team up with Bosh, Wade and PAT RILEY.

One might say he said screw the media, screw everyone , I am doing what I want to do.

How can you knock a guy for that ?
    ( yes the TV crap was a mistake )
    Because when you're the self-proclaimed "King of the NBA" even though you haven't won ****, your expected to be the #1 option on your team, because you are the best player on your team.

He basically gave up his basketball stardom, his brand name, and his chance to be mentioned among the best just to win a championship (that will be rendered worthless now because he contributed 33% of the championship effort...)

What a joke. Hopefully that stupid "King" nickname wears off now. Him and his high school buddies can enjoy their party in MIA because it wont last long. The Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, and Hawks are all nipping at the feet of the Eastern Conference elite, and with the Heat tied down in long term deals for these jokers, don't be surprised to see a major fall off for the Heat, as they no longer have the flexibility to improve moving forward.

"We don't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night or shooting a high percentage."

- Lebron James

He wants fun in the sun. He wants to live it up Have A nice image. He wants it to be easy in the playoffs. He wants Riley in his ear. He wants Wade by his side and the tag along C Bosh. I think in his mind he he has no doubt that they are gonna win some championships.

Thats why I'm sayin it's the ultimate satisfaction beating them sorry ass heat.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Because when you're the self-proclaimed "King of the NBA" even though you haven't won ****, your expected to be the #1 option on your team, because you are the best player on your team.

He basically gave up his basketball stardom, his brand name, and his chance to be mentioned among the best just to win a championship (that will be rendered worthless now because he contributed 33% of the championship effort...)

What a joke. Hopefully that stupid "King" nickname wears off now. Him and his high school buddies can enjoy their party in MIA because it wont last long. The Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, and Hawks are all nipping at the feet of the Eastern Conference elite, and with the Heat tied down in long term deals for these jokers, don't be surprised to see a major fall off for the Heat, as they no longer have the flexibility to improve moving forward.

Thats the point...
    He did what he wanted to do .
    Now he has to deal with the consequences....Yes I am sure they will win a title...But he will never be the King. His choice.

One must wonder if her knew how much he would be dissed by this choice...

L

Any chance he had of being remembered as one of the all time greats is gone. He's an amazing individual talent, but he's never gonna be one of the great leaders or someone that makes his team mates better.

Long live Knave James.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Thats the point...
    He did what he wanted to do .
    Now he has to deal with the consequences....Yes I am sure they will win a title...But he will never be the King. His choice.

One must wonder if her knew how much he would be dissed by this choice...

L
    But it wasn't a matter of choice...it was a matter of betraying his obligation that HE PUT UPON HIMSELF!

He called himself the King then when he is required to actually back up the nickname, he BOLTS, betraying his obligation to being the best player on the best team in the NBA.

I don't see how you can't criticize such a decision....

LeBron went there because he is 25 years old.

Look since 16 this guy has been expected to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. He was anointed the 2nd Coming of MJ before we even knew what JERSEY he would wear. The pressure has been on this kid since day 1.

Then he goes to the Beijing Olympics. Suddenly, he isn't expected to win it all by himself, he isn't expected to be THE guy. He had, for once, I think, FUN playing basketball!

All of a sudden he was given an option to live in South Beach, Florida with his two good friends to dominate the basketball world. He is 25 years old. I'm 24, and to be honest, if you told me that me and my two best friends could go dominate our field in beautiful Miami and make millions...I probably would do the same thing.

That said, the way he went about it was wrong. I think he really thought after this people would love him. But people hate him, he came off very very poorly in that show that he did. He hurt his image a lot, he comes off very cold and callous. And I just think he was totally ignorant about WHAT exactly he was doing.

Originally Posted by malik singletary
    is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?
    One source told Mark Berman he turned down NY because of the pressure of the media in NY....could be true, i buy that.

The main reason he is in Miami was because he planned this for a while, since these three played in the olympics in 2008.

Alonzo mourning even said that he knew about this for a "long time" so i expect that to be over a year of insider information.

Lebron does seem like he cant carry a team most of the time in the huge spot. He is not Wade, Durant or Kobe in the clutch and he doesnt have that drive to be the main guy to put away games, this move to Miami proves it.

Everyone knows that is Dwayne Wade's city. Lebron doesnt want to be the main guy and doesnt want all the pressure on him.

He is a cop out, he is a waste of possibly being the next Michael Jordan who could have sealed his own legacy anywhere. The Cavs are a dreadful team without Lebron, if he went to the Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets..he would have won a championship.

I guess he figured if he is going to be hated, he might as well win championships along the way.

He has a personality of a immature 25 year old. Who wears shorts and tee shirt during basketball meetings?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by malik singletary
    Me, Kiyaman, MSGKnickz33, OGKnicksfan and a few others were some of the only people on this forum who did not want Lebron James.

Why didn't I want Lebron James?
    Here's 10 reasons:
    1. Lebuhon is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. He's up there with Scottie Pippen, a young Penny Hardaway, and Vince Carter as one of the most overrated players.
    2. Lebron James is an a$$hole. When asked about what he thought about Marbury's new 15 dollar shoes that were made for low-income families, he said "I would never wear something like that." In 2010, instead of telling the Cavs he wanted to leave Cleveland, he goes on all of these interviews and announces his decision in a one hour special. Talk about an attention seeker.
    3. Lebron James is a choke artist. If you need proof, just look at the 2007 NBA Finals. It's not that he didn't win the championship, it's that he played so poorly. He averaged 25 points on 35% shooting, 25% 3 pt, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers.
    4. Lebron does not=championship. I honestly don't get why so many Knick fans thought that. You have to be pretty naive to think he could get a championship in New York, but not get one in Cleveland in 7 years of trying.
    5. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade >>>> Lebron James.
    Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant = Lebron James. The only reason people think otherwise is because Lebron throws chalk in the air and has a lot of commercials.
    6. Lebron James is overrated.
    7. Did I say Lebron James is overrated?
    8. Lebron James is overrated.
    9. Lebron James only beats crappy playoff teams, but he always loses to the elite playoff teams, like the Spurs, Celtics, Magic, Pistons, etc.
    10. Lebron James is overrated.

People who say Lebron took the easy way out must believe all of the Lebuhon hype. The only way James could win a championship is if he has a guy like Dwyane Wade to make up for his lack of clutch.

Banned

Originally Posted by abcd
    Me, Kiyaman, MSGKnickz33, OGKnicksfan and a few others were some of the only people on this forum who did not want Lebron James.

Why didn't I want Lebron James?
    Here's 10 reasons:
    1. Lebuhon is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. He's up there with Scottie Pippen, a young Penny Hardaway, and Vince Carter as one of the most overrated players.
    2. Lebron James is an a$$hole. When asked about what he thought about Marbury's new 15 dollar shoes that were made for low-income families, he said "I would never wear something like that." In 2010, instead of telling the Cavs he wanted to leave Cleveland, he goes on all of these interviews and announces his decision in a one hour special. Talk about an attention seeker.
    3. Lebron James is a choke artist. If you need proof, just look at the 2007 NBA Finals. It's not that he didn't win the championship, it's that he played so poorly. He averaged 25 points on 35% shooting, 25% 3 pt, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers.
    4. Lebron does not=championship. I honestly don't get why so many Knick fans thought that. You have to be pretty naive to think he could get a championship in New York, but not get one in Cleveland in 7 years of trying.
    5. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade >>>> Lebron James.
    Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant = Lebron James. The only reason people think otherwise is because Lebron throws chalk in the air and has a lot of commercials.
    6. Lebron James is overrated.
    7. Did I say Lebron James is overrated?
    8. Lebron James is overrated.
    9. Lebron James only beats crappy playoff teams, but he always loses to the elite playoff teams, like the Spurs, Celtics, Magic, Pistons, etc.
    10. Lebron James is overrated.

People who say Lebron took the easy way out must believe all of the Lebuhon hype. The only way James could win a championship is if he has a guy like Dwyane Wade to make up for his lack of clutch.

i agree 100% except maybe that he is overrated but just a bit.i feel he is hyped for his sportscenter highlights but lets look at the stats this guy rips it up but you made a clear point how he nvr seems to do well against the best teams come playoff time and thats a valid point this guy almost disappears against the top notch.he is clutch but far far from championship level and his jumpshot is what it should be at in his 3rd year.maybe it is meant for no one to pass jordan maybe its fate but bottom line i wanted lebron but after recaping it seems i am more excited about our future than what could have happened this july

The one thing Lebron will miss is the respect and adoration that fans across the country had for him even in the opposing forums. Just think about how Kobe gets cheered by a contingent of opposing teams' fans pretty much wherever he plays.

I was at the game in 2009 at MSG during which Kobe scored 61 points and you would have thought that he was winning a game for the Knicks (chants of MVP from Knicks fans and such).

I don't think Lebron will ever enjoy Kobe's popularity no matter how many titles he wins with Curly and Moe. When it sinks in with him, he will realize he made the biggest mistake of his career.

Originally Posted by abcd
    We knew he was a coward and a p*ssy from the beginnin....smh @ the realicon changin his avi

Veteran

I think Adrian Wojnarajsldfkjoiski (the Yahoo analyst) said it best.

LeBron wants the attention.

But he doesn't want the pressure.

He wouldn't have been able to handle New York.