Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: breaking own lebron james

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    0

    Default breaking own lebron james

    is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Lebron went to Miami because he wants to.

    All this analysis of why is pointless.

    He is an individual who decided this is what I want to do.

    He signed a contract years ago to set this up.

    He turned down NY, Left Cleveland so he can team up with Bosh, Wade and PAT RILEY.

    One might say he said screw the media, screw everyone , I am doing what I want to do.

    How can you knock a guy for that ?
    ( yes the TV crap was a mistake )

  3. #3
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Lebron went to Miami because he wants to.

    All this analysis of why is pointless.

    He is an individual who decided this is what I want to do.

    He signed a contract years ago to set this up.

    He turned down NY, Left Cleveland so he can team up with Bosh, Wade and PAT RILEY.

    One might say he said screw the media, screw everyone , I am doing what I want to do.

    How can you knock a guy for that ?
    ( yes the TV crap was a mistake )
    Because when you're the self-proclaimed "King of the NBA" even though you haven't won ****, your expected to be the #1 option on your team, because you are the best player on your team.

    He basically gave up his basketball stardom, his brand name, and his chance to be mentioned among the best just to win a championship (that will be rendered worthless now because he contributed 33% of the championship effort...)

    What a joke. Hopefully that stupid "King" nickname wears off now. Him and his high school buddies can enjoy their party in MIA because it wont last long. The Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, and Hawks are all nipping at the feet of the Eastern Conference elite, and with the Heat tied down in long term deals for these jokers, don't be surprised to see a major fall off for the Heat, as they no longer have the flexibility to improve moving forward.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    "We don't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night or shooting a high percentage."

    - Lebron James

  5. #5
    Member XxWinKnicksxX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Cuse
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    He wants fun in the sun. He wants to live it up Have A nice image. He wants it to be easy in the playoffs. He wants Riley in his ear. He wants Wade by his side and the tag along C Bosh. I think in his mind he he has no doubt that they are gonna win some championships.

    Thats why I'm sayin it's the ultimate satisfaction beating them sorry ass heat.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Because when you're the self-proclaimed "King of the NBA" even though you haven't won ****, your expected to be the #1 option on your team, because you are the best player on your team.

    He basically gave up his basketball stardom, his brand name, and his chance to be mentioned among the best just to win a championship (that will be rendered worthless now because he contributed 33% of the championship effort...)

    What a joke. Hopefully that stupid "King" nickname wears off now. Him and his high school buddies can enjoy their party in MIA because it wont last long. The Bulls, Knicks, Bucks, and Hawks are all nipping at the feet of the Eastern Conference elite, and with the Heat tied down in long term deals for these jokers, don't be surprised to see a major fall off for the Heat, as they no longer have the flexibility to improve moving forward.

    Thats the point...
    He did what he wanted to do .
    Now he has to deal with the consequences....Yes I am sure they will win a title...But he will never be the King. His choice.

    One must wonder if her knew how much he would be dissed by this choice...

    L

  7. #7
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Any chance he had of being remembered as one of the all time greats is gone. He's an amazing individual talent, but he's never gonna be one of the great leaders or someone that makes his team mates better.

    Long live Knave James.

  8. #8
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Thats the point...
    He did what he wanted to do .
    Now he has to deal with the consequences....Yes I am sure they will win a title...But he will never be the King. His choice.

    One must wonder if her knew how much he would be dissed by this choice...

    L
    But it wasn't a matter of choice...it was a matter of betraying his obligation that HE PUT UPON HIMSELF!

    He called himself the King then when he is required to actually back up the nickname, he BOLTS, betraying his obligation to being the best player on the best team in the NBA.

    I don't see how you can't criticize such a decision....

  9. #9
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    LeBron went there because he is 25 years old.

    Look since 16 this guy has been expected to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. He was anointed the 2nd Coming of MJ before we even knew what JERSEY he would wear. The pressure has been on this kid since day 1.

    Then he goes to the Beijing Olympics. Suddenly, he isn't expected to win it all by himself, he isn't expected to be THE guy. He had, for once, I think, FUN playing basketball!

    All of a sudden he was given an option to live in South Beach, Florida with his two good friends to dominate the basketball world. He is 25 years old. I'm 24, and to be honest, if you told me that me and my two best friends could go dominate our field in beautiful Miami and make millions...I probably would do the same thing.

    That said, the way he went about it was wrong. I think he really thought after this people would love him. But people hate him, he came off very very poorly in that show that he did. He hurt his image a lot, he comes off very cold and callous. And I just think he was totally ignorant about WHAT exactly he was doing.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by malik singletary
    is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?
    One source told Mark Berman he turned down NY because of the pressure of the media in NY....could be true, i buy that.

    The main reason he is in Miami was because he planned this for a while, since these three played in the olympics in 2008.

    Alonzo mourning even said that he knew about this for a "long time" so i expect that to be over a year of insider information.

    Lebron does seem like he cant carry a team most of the time in the huge spot. He is not Wade, Durant or Kobe in the clutch and he doesnt have that drive to be the main guy to put away games, this move to Miami proves it.

    Everyone knows that is Dwayne Wade's city. Lebron doesnt want to be the main guy and doesnt want all the pressure on him.

    He is a cop out, he is a waste of possibly being the next Michael Jordan who could have sealed his own legacy anywhere. The Cavs are a dreadful team without Lebron, if he went to the Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets..he would have won a championship.

    I guess he figured if he is going to be hated, he might as well win championships along the way.

    He has a personality of a immature 25 year old. Who wears shorts and tee shirt during basketball meetings?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    LeBron went there because he is 25 years old.

    Look since 16 this guy has been expected to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. He was anointed the 2nd Coming of MJ before we even knew what JERSEY he would wear. The pressure has been on this kid since day 1.

    Then he goes to the Beijing Olympics. Suddenly, he isn't expected to win it all by himself, he isn't expected to be THE guy. He had, for once, I think, FUN playing basketball!

    All of a sudden he was given an option to live in South Beach, Florida with his two good friends to dominate the basketball world. He is 25 years old. I'm 24, and to be honest, if you told me that me and my two best friends could go dominate our field in beautiful Miami and make millions...I probably would do the same thing.

    That said, the way he went about it was wrong. I think he really thought after this people would love him. But people hate him, he came off very very poorly in that show that he did. He hurt his image a lot, he comes off very cold and callous. And I just think he was totally ignorant about WHAT exactly he was doing.
    well said.
    he should have announced it when Bosh and Wade did.
    I think Mavarick Carter made him look like a jackass.
    He should have met with Gilbert and explained he was moving on.
    Amazing how one decision ( not joining the heat ) will haunt him forever.

    When he decided not to be the KING by going to the Heat he should have done the same and stood by wade and bosh when they announced...

  12. #12
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    LeBron went there because he is 25 years old.

    Look since 16 this guy has been expected to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. He was anointed the 2nd Coming of MJ before we even knew what JERSEY he would wear. The pressure has been on this kid since day 1.

    Then he goes to the Beijing Olympics. Suddenly, he isn't expected to win it all by himself, he isn't expected to be THE guy. He had, for once, I think, FUN playing basketball!

    All of a sudden he was given an option to live in South Beach, Florida with his two good friends to dominate the basketball world. He is 25 years old. I'm 24, and to be honest, if you told me that me and my two best friends could go dominate our field in beautiful Miami and make millions...I probably would do the same thing.

    That said, the way he went about it was wrong. I think he really thought after this people would love him. But people hate him, he came off very very poorly in that show that he did. He hurt his image a lot, he comes off very cold and callous. And I just think he was totally ignorant about WHAT exactly he was doing.

    I'm don't buy it.

    The dude is filthy rich, he can live in South Beach if he wants to. That has nothing to do with playing for the Heat (I don't even think the arena is in South Beach anyway.)

    But if he felt that he was being labeled the wrong way by the media and Nike, he could have said something about it like Pujols did. People started calling Pujols "El Hombre," which obviously means "The Man," which was Stan "The Man" Musial's nickname. An all-time great Cardinals player. What did Pujols do? He nipped it in the bud from the get go. He said he wanted no part of that nickname and that it should be reserved for the man who established the name. Stan Musial is Stan Musial and Albert Pujols is Albert Pujols.

    So if LBJ thought he was unfairly being pressured to win championships then don't benefit from, and market the name "King James." He easily could have told Nike: look, this isn't fair, I haven't done anything in the league yet and there are actual legends out there who have worked for this sort of praise. He could have killed off the name "King James" before it even got started. But nope, he thrived off of it, and now suddenly he doesn't like the pressure and just wants to have fun.

  13. #13
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    James does not have the heart of a champion. He does not have the competitive fire of Jordan, the bull-headed determination of Kobe, the quiet self-confidence of Duncan, or the winning-over anything attitude that made Magic so great.

    he's a very talented basketball player with the talents to become better then Jordan or anyone else but he chose the easy way out by going to miami he said it himself. especially in the part of 'the decision' where he said "i wanna do whats best for me and makes me happy" so i guess being on a team with 2 other allstars and being second fiddle to Wade makes him happy. in my opinion lebron will now forever be known as a Pippen type player and just ruined a legacy that was supposed to be second to none.

    point is dudes a bitch ass *****

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    wow, haha. let him be, yo.
    You guys should be more worried of his intentions.

    Many of you knick fans were hoping for this same outcome to fall in your favor. Suck it up. or should I say... "spit it out". Where’s the pride? If you must vent, aim your frustration at the right people; the ones who couldn’t acquire more than one elite baller. They had plenty of time to plan this out well, but they put all their eggs in one basket….and dropped it.

    He is, without a doubt more deadly when with a core of guys who are on the same page, this is a sic combo and you guys know it. He may have very well found his kingdom. His game can only elevate. The real Heat should be put on the Knicks brass for their high turnover rate.
    <O</O
    This is the land of the free. So, it’s his decision and no one else’s, it’s his career, and I see his decision will give him a better chance at enjoying the game and smoothly securing a spot in the hall of fame. Cleveland </ST1should honor him for what he did for them, especially, after the “teammate and Brons moms” BS.
    <O</O
    It’s evident that there’s still some broken hearts here because no one is mouthing off about Bosh. Basketball is a team sport. Remember there is no I in team, right.

    He got what he wanted, now he has a greater chance at enjoying what he loves…who wouldn’t? It’s a known fact that you need 3 or more elite players to win championships. This is the NBA…not college ball. MJ </ST1would have never won one ring if he didn’t have quality help. Why do you think it was so hard for Pat to get one for NY?

    <O</O
    <O</O
    So, get over it, show some dignity and re-focus…

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    One has to wonder why he couldn't have talked Bosh or Amare coming to Cleveland to join him and his 50 win team. Did he even try to sell Cleveland to the others?

Similar Threads

  1. How Lebron Ruined His Legacy
    By mafra in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2010, 05:43
  2. Sidekick Comparative
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 30, 2010, 22:27
  3. King James Perfect Teammate
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 18, 2010, 21:37
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2009, 19:42
  5. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •