Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breaking own lebron james

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    wow, haha. let him be, yo.
    You guys should be more worried of his intentions.

Many of you knick fans were hoping for this same outcome to fall in your favor. Suck it up. or should I say... "spit it out". Where’s the pride? If you must vent, aim your frustration at the right people; the ones who couldn’t acquire more than one elite baller. They had plenty of time to plan this out well, but they put all their eggs in one basket….and dropped it.

He is, without a doubt more deadly when with a core of guys who are on the same page, this is a sic combo and you guys know it. He may have very well found his kingdom. His game can only elevate. The real Heat should be put on the Knicks brass for their high turnover rate.
    <O</O
    This is the land of the free. So, it’s his decision and no one else’s, it’s his career, and I see his decision will give him a better chance at enjoying the game and smoothly securing a spot in the hall of fame. Cleveland </ST1should honor him for what he did for them, especially, after the “teammate and Brons moms” BS.
    <O</O
    It’s evident that there’s still some broken hearts here because no one is mouthing off about Bosh. Basketball is a team sport. Remember there is no I in team, right.

He got what he wanted, now he has a greater chance at enjoying what he loves…who wouldn’t? It’s a known fact that you need 3 or more elite players to win championships. This is the NBA…not college ball. MJ </ST1would have never won one ring if he didn’t have quality help. Why do you think it was so hard for Pat to get one for NY?

<O</O
    <O</O
    So, get over it, show some dignity and re-focus…
    It's a bit different James coming to sign here with Amare or Bosh (big 2) than going to Miami with 3 of the best players in the league on one team.

Even with Amare/Lebron, we would have been competing with LA, Boston, Miami, Orlando, San Antonio, etc etc because they all have 2-3 star players too. The way it is now Miami are a total powerhouse team and it's no question of whether they will win a title. Other teams have to work for it whereas this team its virtually guaranteed.

Add the fact that he's taken a step down the ladder from being a leader to a follower and you should get the idea.

I know what you mean about this is all getting out of hand, its 3 days on and the majority of this forum is still bitching about Lebron, but we're also psyched up about our own team and our chances to compete down the line.

You seem to kinda miss the point.

Veteran

No I’m not missing the point. I see the jagged edge point and refuse to be stuck with it….again. Its his choice to lead or not, not yours. Why are fans trying to dictate this mans life? He still can lead in Miami if he chooses. The potential is there, but I'm sure thats not part of his agenda. Lebron is smart, he knows he needs quality help, like every other championship team. He gave Cleveland every chance to provide it and other teams too. If you guys think his game will decrease than you all are in for another reality check come Fall.

The Knicks are always hyping up their desperate die hard fans with prospects, not experienced proven players. Miami</ST1 is the Beast in the East now, but they were not the only one who upgraded their already great teams. NY Knicks are lagging behind (as usual) with their all familar signing a bunch of 2nd tiers crap...which I’m sure some will be traded…which will further denied this team from gelling. They are always rebuilding and…destroying. Why fans keep accepting this is beyond me.

All the hype for the last few years was about this year, not next year. I just see a whole lot of trade bait being picked up. They are not really trying to compete this year…just trying to make it look like it.
    <O</O
    If you guys really think we have a chance against these other new improved teams than you’re dreaming and not really being a realist.
    There’s a limit to my Knicks optimism because I’ve seen all of this before…this is nothing new, just the same old stale ass tactics…

we'll see what else happens over the summer, as of right now...I'm not impressed at all.

He went to South Beach for one reason, and one reason only....

At his pep rally the other night he was counting all the titles they can win... He stopped at 7!

Funny right? Why 7? After all, they all signed 6 year deals. BUT, 7 is one greater than MJ- his idol.

Lebron James wants to build his brand and stamp his legacy. He's been told since childhood that he's the CHOSEN 1; like he's the Dalai Lama or something.

He doesn't feel pressure to win, or want to win to get a weight of his shoulders, he expects to win b/c he feels it's preordained.

BUT, he's a born follower and a front runner, and he's starting to sense that his fate might pass him by b/c of circumstances. So he wants to short cut to greatness.

No problems there. But he doesn't go to be part of a team; he wants to enhance his name.... That's it.

He figures he'll use Wade to win a few titles, and then carry it on after Wade passes his prime.

He's not leaving any money on the table, b/c the disparity in his current deal and what he would have earned is like 2.5 mil a year (same exact amount that OHIO would have taken in state income taxes).

There's nothing wrong with this.... Just how he did it. Just like he doesn't get to sell me on the notion that this is all about a team. The only squad Lebron cares truly about is TEAM LEBRON JAMES.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by malik singletary
    is it just me or is lebron basically giving up on himself by joining the heat? i mean when he announced his decision you can see on his face the look of a failure,i never seen someone look so pathetic in my life this guy made the right choice by going to miami because he would never live up to the hype that we knick fans set.if we get lebron we win a ring? pffff this guy is a certified choker i never see him come up big on a consistent basis but i must say i am ashamed at him for wasting the talent that most would kill for. 3-4 yrs from now and we are looking at a 3x double but this guy mentally wouldnt survive in new york the media would turn him to shreds maybe him not coming is a blessing in disguise?
    Me, Kiyaman, MSGKnickz33, OGKnicksfan and a few others were some of the only people on this forum who did not want Lebron James.

Why didn't I want Lebron James?
    Here's 10 reasons:
    1. Lebuhon is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. He's up there with Scottie Pippen, a young Penny Hardaway, and Vince Carter as one of the most overrated players.
    2. Lebron James is an a$$hole. When asked about what he thought about Marbury's new 15 dollar shoes that were made for low-income families, he said "I would never wear something like that." In 2010, instead of telling the Cavs he wanted to leave Cleveland, he goes on all of these interviews and announces his decision in a one hour special. Talk about an attention seeker.
    3. Lebron James is a choke artist. If you need proof, just look at the 2007 NBA Finals. It's not that he didn't win the championship, it's that he played so poorly. He averaged 25 points on 35% shooting, 25% 3 pt, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers.
    4. Lebron does not=championship. I honestly don't get why so many Knick fans thought that. You have to be pretty naive to think he could get a championship in New York, but not get one in Cleveland in 7 years of trying.
    5. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade >>>> Lebron James.
    Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant = Lebron James. The only reason people think otherwise is because Lebron throws chalk in the air and has a lot of commercials.
    6. Lebron James is overrated.
    7. Did I say Lebron James is overrated?
    8. Lebron James is overrated.
    9. Lebron James only beats crappy playoff teams, but he always loses to the elite playoff teams, like the Spurs, Celtics, Magic, Pistons, etc.
    10. Lebron James is overrated.

People who say Lebron took the easy way out must believe all of the Lebuhon hype. The only way James could win a championship is if he has a guy like Dwyane Wade to make up for his lack of clutch.

LeBronkilled his legacy i can hardly believe it. He topok the cowards way out. how can anyone respect that?? I guess he's hoping the knicks or someone steps up to create a team that can compete but the timing of this really makes it difficult with the new CBA negotiations looming.

Banned

The whole point is not him trying to win a chip but that he had the most potential in nba history and how he is to good to be second fiddle.I hope he does well in miami but the simple fact is that this is KING JAMES not brandon roy,joe johnson,monta ellis or more importantly scottie pippen.This guy is arguably the best player in the league,you are the role model to kids and adults,the face of the league,the guy who may pass jordan as #1.that is why we are upset because of the potential and the title and the fact that he dissed every team with max player moneyon national tv and by knowing he was joining the heat atleast a few months ago.Imagine if kobe joined the celtics,okay they win alot of titles but his legacy wouldnt be looked at the same.but if you win with YOUR team then you are a legend.At most he is a hall of famer that was extremely talented but as far as legends go he cant its impossible.

Banned

Originally Posted by abcd
    Me, Kiyaman, MSGKnickz33, OGKnicksfan and a few others were some of the only people on this forum who did not want Lebron James.

Why didn't I want Lebron James?
    Here's 10 reasons:
    1. Lebuhon is arguably the most overrated player in NBA history. He's up there with Scottie Pippen, a young Penny Hardaway, and Vince Carter as one of the most overrated players.
    2. Lebron James is an a$$hole. When asked about what he thought about Marbury's new 15 dollar shoes that were made for low-income families, he said "I would never wear something like that." In 2010, instead of telling the Cavs he wanted to leave Cleveland, he goes on all of these interviews and announces his decision in a one hour special. Talk about an attention seeker.
    3. Lebron James is a choke artist. If you need proof, just look at the 2007 NBA Finals. It's not that he didn't win the championship, it's that he played so poorly. He averaged 25 points on 35% shooting, 25% 3 pt, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers.
    4. Lebron does not=championship. I honestly don't get why so many Knick fans thought that. You have to be pretty naive to think he could get a championship in New York, but not get one in Cleveland in 7 years of trying.
    5. Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade >>>> Lebron James.
    Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant = Lebron James. The only reason people think otherwise is because Lebron throws chalk in the air and has a lot of commercials.
    6. Lebron James is overrated.
    7. Did I say Lebron James is overrated?
    8. Lebron James is overrated.
    9. Lebron James only beats crappy playoff teams, but he always loses to the elite playoff teams, like the Spurs, Celtics, Magic, Pistons, etc.
    10. Lebron James is overrated.

People who say Lebron took the easy way out must believe all of the Lebuhon hype. The only way James could win a championship is if he has a guy like Dwyane Wade to make up for his lack of clutch.

i agree 100% except maybe that he is overrated but just a bit.i feel he is hyped for his sportscenter highlights but lets look at the stats this guy rips it up but you made a clear point how he nvr seems to do well against the best teams come playoff time and thats a valid point this guy almost disappears against the top notch.he is clutch but far far from championship level and his jumpshot is what it should be at in his 3rd year.maybe it is meant for no one to pass jordan maybe its fate but bottom line i wanted lebron but after recaping it seems i am more excited about our future than what could have happened this july

The one thing Lebron will miss is the respect and adoration that fans across the country had for him even in the opposing forums. Just think about how Kobe gets cheered by a contingent of opposing teams' fans pretty much wherever he plays.

I was at the game in 2009 at MSG during which Kobe scored 61 points and you would have thought that he was winning a game for the Knicks (chants of MVP from Knicks fans and such).

I don't think Lebron will ever enjoy Kobe's popularity no matter how many titles he wins with Curly and Moe. When it sinks in with him, he will realize he made the biggest mistake of his career.

Originally Posted by abcd
    We knew he was a coward and a p*ssy from the beginnin....smh @ the realicon changin his avi

Veteran

I think Adrian Wojnarajsldfkjoiski (the Yahoo analyst) said it best.

LeBron wants the attention.

But he doesn't want the pressure.

He wouldn't have been able to handle New York.