Watch closely as a star is born in NYC

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgyybTWnyaY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tgyybTWnyaY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I hope you watch this all the way through.

watching the pass from turiaf to randolph for the dunk after the pick and roll with crawford gives me the chills.

when chris bosh was 20

1.4 blk

in 33.5 minutes

Randolph at 20

1.6 blks

22.7 minutes of play

hmmmm

im riding this guy big time to be a legit star in this league

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Hope he comes thru. I hope he lives up to the potential that a alot of people thinks he has. I like players that want it more then your avg player. I like tuffness at the rim. I like what I see.

New New York

Quiet Storm
A player that I have always liked....but lets be careful not to expect too much!

What I Loved was the point in the video where he was handling the ball on the perimeter! That is major in this type of offense!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea I don't want us to put too much pressure on this guy from the jump, but his potential is through the roof.

Amar'e, Randolph, Gallo...those season tickets are starting to already pay off, gonna be some highlight reel stuff going on at the Garden pretty soon.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Randolph needs a mentor, a former player (Ewing...) who can show him the path that he should take.
He needs to stay out of trouble off the court and be totally focused on basketball, he has potential to be an NBA superstar.
Get him to the gym D'Antoni and make him a beast!
Amar'e and Randolph? I'm excited!

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Randolph needs a mentor, a former player (Ewing...) who can show him the path that he should take.
He needs to stay out of trouble off the court and be totally focused on basketball, he has potential to be an NBA superstar.
Get him to the gym D'Antoni and make him a beast!
Amar'e and Randolph? I'm excited!

I agree...a player reaching his full potential depends as much on the coaches and organization as it does on the player.

tiger0330

Legend
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but Gerald Green and Eddie Griffin could have made all those plays in that You Tube video.

Most important thing in watching that video is what the announcer said, he needs to be consistent.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but Gerald Green and Eddie Griffin could have made all those plays in that You Tube video.

Most important thing in watching that video is what the announcer said, he needs to be consistent.

You're not bursting anyone's bubble. Naming other players who had potential but didn't quite capitalize on that potential means nothing.

If Randolph meets hit potential...then he'd be on his way to stardom, if he doesn't, he'll be another dime-a-dozen talented player who never utilized his gifts.

That goes for every single player young player in every single professional league world wide.

Toons

is the Bo$$

U a weird dude B. Eddie G died in a car crash in 07. RIP. Griffen.

your comment is wrong on so many levels....keep in mind, this is a game recap, not a season highlight reel

metrocard

Legend
when chris bosh was 20

1.4 blk

in 33.5 minutes

Randolph at 20

1.6 blks

22.7 minutes of play

hmmmm

im riding this guy big time to be a legit star in this league

Great post.

IMO Randolph is the superior rebounder, shot blocker, ball handling over Bosh. Bosh has scoring and shooting to his advantage.

We got a steal folks...

metrocard

Legend
U a weird dude B. Eddie G died in a car crash in 07. RIP. Griffen.

your comment is wrong on so many levels....keep in mind, this is a game recap, not a season highlight reel

Excactly.

Warriors were down in that sequence...Anthony Randolph single handily brought them back in an all around type with shooting, defense, rebounding, fast break pushing the ball..Randolph is probably one of the best multi-dimensional talents in the NBA and we now have acquired him. I don't know why people are being so negative for.

th3realicon

Rotation player
About time we get a steal from a trade, it has been the other way around for so many years.

Randolph is a beast. With him and Amare we all of a sudden have size that we never had. I am loving this trade. The only down side is that Turiaff has a player option after the next season. I was hopping we would have enough salary cap to go not only after one Max next season but possibly 2 and have our big 4 in Stat, Randolph, Melo and CP3 (If Melo extends i'd be fine with CP3 only) Although us signing Felton to multi year deal means that the PG spot would be filled for the foreseeable future.

tiger0330

Legend
We got a steal folks...
Good deal for the Knicks for sure. The Suns got jack for Amare and the Cavs and Toronto got picks from Miami that will probably be 1st round 28-30 picks.

We got 3 rotation players from the Warriors, I am not saying Randolph won't be a star but a hi-lite reel of dunks and blocks doesn't do it for me. Show me some back to the basket skills along with an efficient face up game, an ability to use either hand to drive right as well as left and I would be proclaiming him a star.

Let's see what D'ants does with Randolph because if he treats him like Darko or Curry, then he's got no chance to blossom here in NY.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Anthony Randolph has a lot of potential, but I wonder if D'Antoni will give him a chance. D'Antoni is known for burying his young talent on the bench.