Euro 2004

rady

Administrator
Staff member
just want to see if there are any soccer fans. i'd like to discus the european championship

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, it's the European Championship Soccer
Greece made the first surprise by defeating the hosting country - Portugal. Last night Sweden destroyed Bulgaria with 5-0 but in spite of the result it must have the best game i saw.

Since Romania didn't qualiffied because of the refs, i'll be rooting with Holland, my favorite team who plays tonight with Germany

rady

Administrator
Staff member
that will be tough indeed. portugal has the homefield advantage, but figo is not as good as he was 2 years ago.
i think england will win this game by 2-1, but only if they won't fall again in the last minutes like they did against france

too bad Bruno is not arround, we would have had some great discussions.. :(

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
the portugal vs england game was sick! figo is old yeah but he still shits on alotta players, lol, figo with a soccerball is like marbury with a basketball, they are both great dribblers and passers, but the game was one of the best ive ever seen, cuz i havent watch much in the past, but yeah it shoulda been the final, and no even france is out, this is hopefully leading the way for portugal to win it all

rady

Administrator
Staff member
that was such a thrilling game! figo isn't the man he was a couple fo years ago, if there's a portuguese who knows how to dribble, that's cristiano ronaldo. he's my new favorite player from euro 2004
now what do you think about greece? 0-1 with france! amazing.

go greece !!

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
yeah, i agree that ronaldo is their best player 2, hes only 19 years old and he plays like a beast and already plays for man u, its a great thing that france is now out, hopefully this will pave the way for portugal to win it all now, they play the netherlands on wednesday who also had a crazy game vs sweden, it also went into pks, l8r

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
haha, now theyre in the finals!! for the 1st time ever in a major tournament, hopefully this game vs greece will be cake, but sadly i cant watch because i have damn work on the 4th of july, oh well, they will probably win and newark and portugal will be in a frenzy, haha, peace

e_D

Benchwarmer
Man.. I was rooting for Portugal.. I live near Astoria, a greek populated area of NY. boy those drunk greeks were going crazy.. I wanted to punch one in the face :cry: no offense to any greekfolk on the board.

I think for most of the game greece looked outclassed by portugal. Portugal missed alot of shots and greece got that one lucky header. Portugal should have one for sure, greece was a fluke.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
god bless u e_d, lol, they def shoulda won, woulda been great for the country especially since it was the host,

rady

Administrator
Staff member
damn, i was like the only one who was rooting for greece? everyone of my friends were with portugal, and when greece scored i went nuts! what a great game, i am in a small and quiet town right here, and i was out on the streets screaming HELLAS! HELLAS! :)
no offense to the porugal fans, but when a team like this eliminates other teams like france, czech rep., spain and portugal, you can't say they's weak

Hooray for Greece!

Bruno

Benchwarmer
I know the euro 2004 is over but only now i´m back. and yeah what a surprise greece wins it . in euro time the portuguese ppl are so crazy . portugal flags in the windows and it still them but was bad the final lose . and now figo and rui costa will never play more for portugal and i thing its a good news because portugal now have a team for future young players like ronaldo great defenders like ricardo carvalho and the golkeper ricardo . but im talking too much about soocer .

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i didnt know there were soccer fans on this site. soccer is my first love then the knicks.

on the euro 04 comment rady i do think u were the only one rooting for greece everyone i knew had there money on portugal, but w.e i guess u called it

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Well, i started to like Greece from their first game when they beat Portugal 2-1, that's when i said to myself: Greece will play the final. And what a night that was for me. :)

Welcome back Bruno, you're right Portugal has a bright future, Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely going to develop and become the new leader. Figo's time is over.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
The Greece style of play it's not the best to see but they deserve won . now it´s time for team qualificated for euro 2006 and i hope too see Portugal and Romania in euro 2006 because i like the way Romania plays and USA too . and we have to see that Portugal start always bad in big tournaments but you see the Olimpic Games ? Portugal loses 2 games and only won 1 .