Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calderon might be on the move...

Default Calderon might be on the move...

From Rotoworld:

Jose Calderon-G - Raptors Jul. 12 - 12:43 pm et

The Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and "possibly" Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in a three-way deal that includes the Suns. Charlotte would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player.
    As expected, we're seeing a cascade of player movement following LeBron and co.'s decision to join the Heat. Calderon would certainly fill the Bobcats' void at PG, and is a far better pure PG than ex-Bobcat Raymond Felton. Of course, if this deal goes through as stated it will leave Charlotte thin inside, relying on Tyrus Thomas and a platoon of mediocre big men.
    Source: Charlotte Observer

The deal is currently on hold though as Jordan and the Bobcats have some reservations on the deal.

My reason for posting this is I see a lot of people not having faith in Felton. I personally like Felton for years now. But do you guys think Calderon would of been a better fit? I could of seen Calderon flourishing in our system.

Again I'm happy with the Felton move, but do you guys think we should of/could of waited on a PG? It is one of the most important, if not the most important positions in D'Antoni's system.

Seems odd to me why TOR was going after Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw.

Could something be in the works for E-Curry or Wilson Chandler?

Originally Posted by mafra

Even though Chandler is young and talented, I would be willing to move him an Curry for a borderline #2/#3 option. Though Chandler is athletic and talented I think he reached his ceiling. I didn't want Joe Johnson, but he's looking as one of the guys who would of fit in. Too bad... We need that SG/SF who can do a little of everything.

Originally Posted by GeeboBXNY
    Even though Chandler is young and talented, I would be willing to move him an Curry for a borderline #2/#3 option. Though Chandler is athletic and talented I think he reached his ceiling. I didn't want Joe Johnson, but he's looking as one of the guys who would of fit in. Too bad... We need that SG/SF who can do a little of everything.
    We can't move Curry's contract unless its in a trade for Carmelo. If Denver isn't going to trade him, we need to hang on to Curry and save our cap space for when Carmelo becomes a free agent.

Originally Posted by mafra

No, I doubt it. We can't trade our players until December.

I imagine there's no rush to move Chandler. However, every day Carmelo waits to sign his extension is another day he's closer to being a KNICK!

I'm sure we wont move Chandler until MELO figures out what's he's going to do, but if the Summers wanes and still now word.... We might be inclined to move. I mean, if Melo is our target than WC is a goner. He must be let go so we can signa max next Summer. With Melo, Chandler is a luxury.... MOre of an asset we'll use to move Curry or get Melo here now.

Anyway, after doing research.... NO WAY we get Calderon, Barbosa or Diaw.

Calerdon will earn 9 mil next year, Barbosa 7 mil and Diaw 9 mil.

NO WAY we get one of these 3 players,. If we do then no MELO!

From Rotoworld:

The Bobcats are close to sending Boris Diaw and "possibly" Tyson Chandler to the Raptors in a three-way deal that includes the Suns. Charlotte would acquire point guard Jose Calderon and at least one other player.
    As expected, we're seeing a cascade of player movement following LeBron and co.'s decision to join the Heat. Calderon would certainly fill the Bobcats' void at PG, and is a far better pure PG than ex-Bobcat Raymond Felton. Of course, if this deal goes through as stated it will leave Charlotte thin inside, relying on Tyrus Thomas and a platoon of mediocre big men.

The deal is currently on hold though as Jordan and the Bobcats have some reservations on the deal.

My reason for posting this is I see a lot of people not having faith in Felton. I personally like Felton for years now. But do you guys think Calderon would of been a better fit? I could of seen Calderon flourishing in our system.

Again I'm happy with the Felton move, but do you guys think we should of/could of waited on a PG? It is one of the most important, if not the most important positions in D'Antoni's system.
    NO CALDERON

His contract is huge and we already have Felton/Douglas

We need cap room for Carmelo who wants to be a Knick

Superstar

Poor bobcats. I try to give Jordan the benefit of the doubt as hes still new on the job, but wow. They have a terrible team with no PG and would give up too much to get one.

You think the knicks were bad? At least our recent drafts havent been too bad. Jordan's track record with drafts is horrid.

I don't understand why people rate Calderon better as a pure PG then Felton? Calderon SUCKS. I've watched him for years now and he is terrible on the defensive end of the court. Felton will stay between his man and the bucket, Jose just lets 'em on by, relying on bosh to block shots.

He's not that great on the offensive end either, despite what people think. He's long for a PG and he's chatty, he had a good showing in some international tourney's but he's not NBA starting PG quality. I'd much rather have Felton over him.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I don't understand why people rate Calderon better as a pure PG then Felton? Calderon SUCKS. I've watched him for years now and he is terrible on the defensive end of the court. Felton will stay between his man and the bucket, Jose just lets 'em on by, relying on bosh to block shots.

He's not that great on the offensive end either, despite what people think. He's long for a PG and he's chatty, he had a good showing in some international tourney's but he's not NBA starting PG quality. I'd much rather have Felton over him.
    For the record I like Felton better, I just been reading a lot that some fans aren't happy with Felton. I didn't watch much of Calderon last year, but in past years he seemed pretty capable in manning the point.

Superstar

I'm loving the potential of Felton so far. He's far more athletic than Calderon and people forget he played under a suffocating system under Larry Brown.

He's a big sleeper in fantasy leagues, improving jumper, plays defense :O, and is a pure PG.

I'm surprised by how well all 3 pickups are great at talking to the media as well. Especially Azubuike. They're gonna be really popular and are playing in the perfect place to get their stock up.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    No, I doubt it. We can't trade our players until December.
    I'm not positive, but I thought that's only for the players we just signed. Like, we couldn't trade Amare till December. But guys like Chandler and Curry, I'm pretty sure we could trade them now.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    I'm not positive, but I thought that's only for the players we just signed. Like, we couldn't trade Amare till December. But guys like Chandler and Curry, I'm pretty sure we could trade them now.
    Yes, we can trade Chandler and Curry now. I meant to say they can't trade their players. Once Toronto receives Diaw and Barbosa, they can't trade them to us until December.

From Rotoworld:

As expected, we're seeing a cascade of player movement following LeBron and co.'s decision to join the Heat. Calderon would certainly fill the Bobcats' void at PG, [I]and is a far better pure PG than ex-Bobcat Raymond Felton.[/I] Of course, if this deal goes through as stated it will leave Charlotte thin inside, relying on Tyrus Thomas and a platoon of mediocre big men.

Some of you guys on this board have terrible player assessing abilities and need to stop, period. Calderon is a nice player, but IMHO he is not the all-around PG that Felton is. Your wrong on that point.

On your other point, I think D' Antoni wanted Felton. Because he is a true PG. While Calderon is more of a shoot first PG. I think Felton will flourish in coach D's system. I personally cannot wait to see his growth.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Some of you guys on this board have terrible player assessing abilities and need to stop, period. Calderon is a nice player, but IMHO he is not the all-around PG that Felton is. Your wrong on that point.

On your other point, I think D' Antoni wanted Felton. Because he is a true PG. While Calderon is more of a shoot first PG. I think Felton will flourish in coach D's system. I personally cannot wait to see his growth.
    Check Felton's shooting percentage and shot selection from last year. That proves my point alone. Again I like Felton much better, and I am pumped about the move, but he shoots too much. Lets call a spade a spade. Calderon is pass first, at least when I watched him Toronto.

Felton is still a great passer and should average no less then 8 assists a game in our system, but he's not a passer in the sense of Nash, Deron, or Paul.