Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felton's Words....

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    we'll see when the season starts...from what I'm seeing, you're going to need more than words to win...and, in this division.

I've heard all this hype before...
    Not really hype though. He's young, is a proven NBA starter having started for a stringent, bastard coach. #5 pick coming from uptempo system; now joining --the-- uptempo system.

Many often say "Amare so benefits from a pg". Well, a pg will so benefit from Amare.

Good attitude and fight in him is icing on the cake.

Yeah that's typical Felton interview. Felton definitely gives you 110% each and every night even when he's hurt. I can't wait to see him running the fast paced offense like he did at Carolina. He also gets more pumped when fans are pumped, something rarely seen in Charlotte.

Im glad to have the kid on the team. I think it's likely his numbers will increase since he will be playing with Amar'e. And if it doesn't work out the contract is short... found a pretty good article about it here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I agree with your assessment babigurl. Felton in an uptempo offense with Amare should do wonders for both of their games. I expect amare to have as good of a year as he had in PHX and felton to improve a lot. 15-20 pts & 8-10 assists is not unreachable.

Superstar

Yep prying Felton away from the control maniac Larry Brown should do wonders for his game.

Its actually a perfect scenario where hes learned to defend and play a half court for the Bobkittens and moving to the knicks where he can play to his strengths.

Hes perfectly suited for an uptempo game and his production should be way up next season.

I really like this kid, I been following him for some time now. I'm pumped about him and Amar'e teaming up. Felton just needs to focus a little more on play making and less on shooting and he can really be a mini CP3 or Deron, he just needs to work on his shot selection.

In signing Felton, who was a free agent, Walsh got the point guard he once tried to trade for. When he contacted Bobcats coach [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] about him, Walsh was denied.

"I can't trade his heart," Brown told him.

Walsh believes Felton's feel and ability to find the big men will make him the offense's vital organ.

"I wanted to make a team in the way that made sense," Walsh said.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

walsh to the rescue.

like i said before, best pg in the fa

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

great pickup im expecting big things from this dude, and sounds like he is too

Loved this pickup. D'antoni made Duhon, a backup PG, seem above average. Imagine what he can do with a legit starting PG. This offseason, we picked up both the best PG on the market, and the best PF on the market (Amare). Walsh has done a great job.

That was a nice nugget about how Dan D'antoni coached him in AAU. The Knicks knew what they were getting.

I like is attitude also. He'll be a great fit. And he is, like he said, a true PG.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

if he preforms well and i think he could preform at a Nelson type level ( around 17-18 and 8 ) then i dont see a need of getting a Paul, dont get me wrong paul would be awesome but Felton would do just fine and he's still only 25. we could use the paul money elsewhere and improve our rotation etc. if we get melo to add to amar'e Gallo and Felton along with Randolph's talent that team is instantly champion contenders and could take out the heat cause its a deep complete team.

i say give the guy a legit shot he'll show his worth and then some