Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77

Thread: Knicks sign C Timofey Mozgav to 3 year/$9.7MM Deal

  1. #46
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Best Case: More Atletic Joel Pryzbilla



    Worst Case:Fredric Wiess




    Likely Case: Darko Millic


  2. #47
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    haha thats awesome New. Nice summary.

  3. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I dont know about weiss as a worst case because he never signed and he played alright in europe. A more athletic pyrizz would be a top 10 center in the nba, and a top 5 fit in the nba for center in the ssol. That is definitely worth the risk. Darko as a probable I dont know about because Tim is a lot more built than darko, and i think Darko with more muscle would be a good nba player. I guess well just have to wait and see if he can get better...

  4. #49
    Member KNICKMATIC809's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC BABII
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    well this guy runs the pick n roll well just like mike likes... plus he's nba ready ... donnie's been hiding him for 2 yrs now .... with doing this move donnie has a trade brewing

  5. #50
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    His contract isn't guaranteed after this season, so he won't hurt our chances at free agency if he turns out to be a scrub.

  6. #51

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Best Case: More Atletic Joel Pryzbilla

    Worst Case:Fredric Wiess

    Likely Case: Darko Millic
    *sharp intake* Again, if the Knicks have Barron on the table, why did we sign Darko 2.0? (someone who's been #1 for more than a year... makes you ask yourself why they weren't picked that first year)

  7. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Radford, Virginia
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Moladietz! Im gonna stay optomistic about this guy; 1 because hes russian (im a foreign lang student) and hes not with the Nets and because hes 7 feet tall and a brick

    His agent seems very confident about him; and said he didnt want him to go anywherebut the Knicks...Udacha

  8. #53
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This guy is suppose to be better than Darko because Darko was NEVER a top player in Europe like Timofey was. Darko was a PROJECT who got like 7 minutes a game in Europe. Timofey is actually a proven talent in a professional league. Thats where the big difference is, you guys need to see that before you speak on a player.

    Look at Gallinari, produced well in Europe, now is a NBA starter for the Knicks.

    It all transalte, most of the time. Ginobili, Parker and Gasol were productive players in Europe, they come to the NBA and now they've had all star careers.

    I'm not saying Timofey is going to be an all star, but I can gurantee you he won't be a bad player.

  9. #54
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    This guy is suppose to be better than Darko because Darko was NEVER a top player in Europe like Timofey was. Darko was a PROJECT who got like 7 minutes a game in Europe. Timofey is actually a proven talent in a professional league. Thats where the big difference is, you guys need to see that before you speak on a player.

    Look at Gallinari, produced well in Europe, now is a NBA starter for the Knicks.

    It all transalte, most of the time. Ginobili, Parker and Gasol were productive players in Europe, they come to the NBA and now they've had all star careers.

    I'm not saying Timofey is going to be an all star, but I can gurantee you he won't be a bad player.

    //This thread

  10. #55
    Lurker
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    This guy is suppose to be better than Darko because Darko was NEVER a top player in Europe like Timofey was. Darko was a PROJECT who got like 7 minutes a game in Europe. Timofey is actually a proven talent in a professional league. Thats where the big difference is, you guys need to see that before you speak on a player.

    Look at Gallinari, produced well in Europe, now is a NBA starter for the Knicks.

    It all transalte, most of the time. Ginobili, Parker and Gasol were productive players in Europe, they come to the NBA and now they've had all star careers.

    I'm not saying Timofey is going to be an all star, but I can gurantee you he won't be a bad player.

    with all due respect, ginobili, parker, gasol and even gallinari were top players in europe before crossing the pond, whereas this guy is clearly not. you can compare rubio with the aformentioned players, not the russian dude.

    said that, I believe he will become useful in certain situations (3-4 mins per game), but deffo you cant say yet he will be a decent player, yet.

  11. #56
    Newbie CoolGuyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    This guy is suppose to be better than Darko because Darko was NEVER a top player in Europe like Timofey was. Darko was a PROJECT who got like 7 minutes a game in Europe. Timofey is actually a proven talent in a professional league. Thats where the big difference is, you guys need to see that before you speak on a player.

    Look at Gallinari, produced well in Europe, now is a NBA starter for the Knicks.

    It all transalte, most of the time. Ginobili, Parker and Gasol were productive players in Europe, they come to the NBA and now they've had all star careers.

    I'm not saying Timofey is going to be an all star, but I can gurantee you he won't be a bad player.
    Yea I agree I think Timofey will be a good player for the Knicks.

  12. #57
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I've heard good things about this guy, just looked him up, apparantly a top 10 center in Europe.

    We need a nickname for him.....

    how about Mazel Tov?

  13. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    I've heard good things about this guy, just looked him up, apparantly a top 10 center in Europe.

    We need a nickname for him.....

    how about Mazel Tov?
    Mazel Tov could be a clear winner but it might upset the anti-Semite factions of KO.

    I was using Timorex, but MazelTov is good stuff.

  14. #59
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    how about Tim OG?

    Theres alotta buzz about this guy, sounds like another slick move by Donnie the GOAT GM

  15. #60
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I was reading Alan Hahn's twitter today.

    Mozgav is taller than Patrick Ewing. At the very least we know he's a true 7-footer and that's not just crap coming out of Russia.

Similar Threads

  1. Chad Ford: Knicks Pitch To LBJ
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 27, 2010, 01:47
  2. Knicks Will Not Sign Iverson
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 25, 2009, 08:34
  3. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2008, 00:17
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 23:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •