Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Knicks sign C Timofey Mozgav to 3 year/$9.7MM Deal

Best Case: More Atletic Joel Pryzbilla

Worst Case:Fredric Wiess

Likely Case: Darko Millic

Superstar

haha thats awesome New. Nice summary.

I dont know about weiss as a worst case because he never signed and he played alright in europe. A more athletic pyrizz would be a top 10 center in the nba, and a top 5 fit in the nba for center in the ssol. That is definitely worth the risk. Darko as a probable I dont know about because Tim is a lot more built than darko, and i think Darko with more muscle would be a good nba player. I guess well just have to wait and see if he can get better...

well this guy runs the pick n roll well just like mike likes... plus he's nba ready ... donnie's been hiding him for 2 yrs now .... with doing this move donnie has a trade brewing

His contract isn't guaranteed after this season, so he won't hurt our chances at free agency if he turns out to be a scrub.

Originally Posted by New New York
    Best Case: More Atletic Joel Pryzbilla

Worst Case:Fredric Wiess

Likely Case: Darko Millic
    *sharp intake* Again, if the Knicks have Barron on the table, why did we sign Darko 2.0? (someone who's been #1 for more than a year... makes you ask yourself why they weren't picked that first year)

Moladietz! Im gonna stay optomistic about this guy; 1 because hes russian (im a foreign lang student) and hes not with the Nets and because hes 7 feet tall and a brick

His agent seems very confident about him; and said he didnt want him to go anywherebut the Knicks...Udacha

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

This guy is suppose to be better than Darko because Darko was NEVER a top player in Europe like Timofey was. Darko was a PROJECT who got like 7 minutes a game in Europe. Timofey is actually a proven talent in a professional league. Thats where the big difference is, you guys need to see that before you speak on a player.

Look at Gallinari, produced well in Europe, now is a NBA starter for the Knicks.

It all transalte, most of the time. Ginobili, Parker and Gasol were productive players in Europe, they come to the NBA and now they've had all star careers.

I'm not saying Timofey is going to be an all star, but I can gurantee you he won't be a bad player.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    This guy is suppose to be better than Darko because Darko was NEVER a top player in Europe like Timofey was. Darko was a PROJECT who got like 7 minutes a game in Europe. Timofey is actually a proven talent in a professional league. Thats where the big difference is, you guys need to see that before you speak on a player.

Look at Gallinari, produced well in Europe, now is a NBA starter for the Knicks.

It all transalte, most of the time. Ginobili, Parker and Gasol were productive players in Europe, they come to the NBA and now they've had all star careers.

I'm not saying Timofey is going to be an all star, but I can gurantee you he won't be a bad player.

//This thread

Lurker

with all due respect, ginobili, parker, gasol and even gallinari were top players in europe before crossing the pond, whereas this guy is clearly not. you can compare rubio with the aformentioned players, not the russian dude.

said that, I believe he will become useful in certain situations (3-4 mins per game), but deffo you cant say yet he will be a decent player, yet.

Yea I agree I think Timofey will be a good player for the Knicks.

I've heard good things about this guy, just looked him up, apparantly a top 10 center in Europe.

We need a nickname for him.....

how about Mazel Tov?

Veteran

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    I've heard good things about this guy, just looked him up, apparantly a top 10 center in Europe.

We need a nickname for him.....

how about Mazel Tov?
    Mazel Tov could be a clear winner but it might upset the anti-Semite factions of KO.

I was using Timorex, but MazelTov is good stuff.

how about Tim OG?

Theres alotta buzz about this guy, sounds like another slick move by Donnie the GOAT GM

Veteran

I was reading Alan Hahn's twitter today.

Mozgav is taller than Patrick Ewing. At the very least we know he's a true 7-footer and that's not just crap coming out of Russia.