Knicks vs Lakers Summer League top plays

p0nder

Starter
Tony D and Jordan really impressed me. A few nice plays there in the mix. Great to see defensive effort in the paint. Also, my favorite Dilated People's song! great mix! +1!

Big C

Benchwarmer
Tony D and Jordan really impressed me. A few nice plays there in the mix. Great to see defensive effort in the paint. Also, my favorite Dilated People's song! great mix! +1!
Thanks man. I was really impressed with Landry Fields. The kid can post up and hit the mid-range shot. I don't see Jordan and Rautins making the rotation. However, Fields might get playing time.

As far as Dilated Peoples should try to pick up Evidence's solo project they are also good. I love the Weather Man album.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Jordon was relentless on D and had a couple nice drives to the basket in there. Keep that up fellas. We need that defensive presence for sure. I have no doubt that some thunderous dunks will be readily available this year!

mafra

Legend
I think we're starting to see why our scouts felt Fields was the right choice. I heard DAL was high on him as well. Dude looks like he can play basketball. A perfect complimentary role player, and perhaps even a starter down the road.

I read this in the NY Daily News today:

Some Knicks executives were so sure James was coming to New York that on draft night, they were discussing college prospects in terms of how well they'd complement James.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...7-13_garden_back_to_future.html#ixzz0tZ9t1EzA

To me, this is has RAUTINS written all over it!

They felt they needed a sniper. Rautins has the pedigree and grooming, is a worker, and got rave reviews from Coach B.

Seems we had our sights on a T-Prince type SF (with D-Hobson as their 1st choice). Even though we all felt PG was a need, they probably felt value just wouldn't be there and that free agency would be the better route there.

Better to look at the SG position, given the depth that was still on the board, especially one that excels at shooting and can serve as a PG/SG combo.

I also think they felt a BIG was a huge need. Walsh clearly was going to overhaul our front court.

So, when we lost Hobson we went with Fields. Doesn't play defense like Hobson, but is equally as destructive on the opposite end (offense) and has unlimited potential. Check!

The Rautins pick had Lebron James al over it. If we were positive LJ would say NO, I bet we take a guy with more upside (Stephenson anyone).

We passed on Alabi b/c of the health issue, and we knew we were in play to grab another pick (Jordan).

Jordan looks the part, and will have the luxury this year to work on his game w/out little pressure to produce. If we can catch him up.... wow. Wont hurt he gets to play with Amar'e, Turiaf, Randolph & Mozgov! A bigger Dale Davis? Antoino Davis? we can only hope.

But, even if Rautins and Jordan flop.... Fields looks legit. And if we drafted ONE rotation player from the 2nd round then we did well.

p0nder

Starter
Agreed that fields was good in the summer league action. It would be nice if a 2nd rounder made the squad this year but i'm not holding my breath on it.

I think I'm more impressed with Jordan because of the effort then the skill, but he also has a good frame to work with and could be a real banger in due time.