Why be optimistic about the NYK's when there's a good chance Isiah will return?

knicksin60

Starter
What purpose is there in getting excited about the Knicks' future if there is a good possibility that Isiah Thomas will be brought back as GM of the Knicks?For the past few days I've been waking up in the middle of the night due to the constant nightmares I've had about Isiah Thomas being reinstated to his old front office position.After I had heard the news about Thomas possibly taking over for Walsh I lost a lot of hope for the rebuilding process that Walsh has been orchestrating.You know that if Thomas takes over he will make the Knicks into a bigger circus than he did his first time around with them by giving Eddy Curry a contract extension, trading Gallo and 2 first round picks for Elton Brand,trading Anthony Randolph and Wilson Chandler for Gilbert Arenas and signing Allen Iverson for the vet's minimum.I might be overreacting but how can any Knick fan not be worried about the idea of Thomas coming back when him and James Dolan are best friends forever? Does anyone seriously think that Dolan cares whether or not the Knicks are the laughing stock of professional sports? Isiah Thomas could damage the Knicks for the next 20 years and still keep his job as long as Dolan is owning the Knicks.Let's just hope that some other team's owner falls for Isiah Thomas' mischievous grin before Dolan does once again.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Isiah wouldn't sign Iverson to the vet's minimum. He'd sign him to the full MLE.

Hopefully we look at Kevin Pritchard, Chris Mullin...hell ANYBODY is better than Isiah. At this point I'm pretty sure even D'Antoni could run a team better than Isiah.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I think I could be a better GM then Isaiah... please don't let Isaiah run the garden... it's just not right... all that work Donnie did for nothing. It won't happen. If it does... ='(

knicksin60

Starter
Bringing back Isiah Thomas would be similar to U.S. citizens re-electing George W. Bush in 2012.I seriously would stop watching the Knicks until I'm 50 if Thomas becomes GM for them again.There is no sense in being a Knick fan if a guy who is well known for demolishing the reputation of the Knicks is given the power to do so once again.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Anyone can argue that Dolan should have fired Isiah well before he actually was fired. When he coached the team and they would lose like 13 of 15 games, most of them were blowouts, it didn't matter. Even during the sexual harassment suit, when Dolan basically picked up the tab of 10 million, he didn't fire Isiah.

Dolan told Isiah to talk to LeBron. NOW THIS . . . Isiah may come back. And not any job, but the GM. The guy who ruined our franchise can potentially come back as president of basketball operations? Does Isiah have some incriminating photos of Dolan with a teenage girl or something in his wallet? I don't understand.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Isiah and Melo have a sordid history

What purpose is there in getting excited about the Knicks' future if there is a good possibility that Isiah Thomas will be brought back as GM of the Knicks?For the past few days I've been waking up in the middle of the night due to the constant nightmares I've had about Isiah Thomas being reinstated to his old front office position.After I had heard the news about Thomas possibly taking over for Walsh I lost a lot of hope for the rebuilding process that Walsh has been orchestrating.You know that if Thomas takes over he will make the Knicks into a bigger circus than he did his first time around with them by giving Eddy Curry a contract extension, trading Gallo and 2 first round picks for Elton Brand,trading Anthony Randolph and Wilson Chandler for Gilbert Arenas and signing Allen Iverson for the vet's minimum.I might be overreacting but how can any Knick fan not be worried about the idea of Thomas coming back when him and James Dolan are best friends forever? Does anyone seriously think that Dolan cares whether or not the Knicks are the laughing stock of professional sports? Isiah Thomas could damage the Knicks for the next 20 years and still keep his job as long as Dolan is owning the Knicks.Let's just hope that some other team's owner falls for Isiah Thomas' mischievous grin before Dolan does once again.

I think one thing to consider that goes AGAINST Isiah being re-instated, is that he provocated the famous Knicks Nuggets Brawl.

Karl was livid with Thomas for telling Carmelo Anthony not to go into the lane in the final minute-plus of the Nuggets' 123-100 win at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night. Ten players were ejected after Mardy Collins' hard foul on J.R. Smith started the fight.

Karl also said Thomas' actions "after the game were despicable."

"There's no question in my mind it was premeditated," Karl said in an obscenity-laced news conference on Denver's practice court Monday morning. "He made a bad situation worse. He's a jerk for what he's trying to do."

Thomas maintained that it wasn't what he said or didn't say to Anthony, but Karl's actions at the end of the game that may have instigated the brawl. Thomas felt Karl should've taken his starters out before the Nuggets were up nearly 20 points.
Seeing Melo is our next FA target, this would have to come in to consideration as a detractor for NY's chances. I know I wouldn't forgive and forget for that shit.

Dolan knows Isaiah is tight with Mello and CP3?as well as other players. Walsh was brought in to get the big fish, but he couldn't and all he did was get rid of players and brought in more inexperienced players. Dolan knows Real Knick fans want to win now and not later?so he?s exploring his options. Smart move, imo.