Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Randolph's defense prowess

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Anthony Randolph's defense prowess

Is amazing to me, it really is.

A 6"11 230 lb SF/PF/C who can guard the perimeter, average 2+ blocks a game, while grab 4+ offensive rebounds and get 12 boards a game...

I honestly believe this guy can be potential defensive player of the year award.

The talent is there.
    The mind set is there.

He just needs the minutes and a little more confidence(which comes with experience).

WOW...what a steal folks.

Marbury who?

metro im with u on this one. Randolph was alwaysa favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Toons; Jul 14, 2010 at 09:10.

David Lee had 41 blocks last year. He averaged 37:17 minutes a game. Started 81 games!

Anthony Randolph had 51 blocks in 33 games. He started 8 and averaged 22:41 minutes.

Actually, Turiaf himself had like 165 blocks in 2009!

I'd be happy if he came in and averaged 13 and 10. Pretty good development over the last part of the year. He has a lot of skills and a lot of potential. I can see him becoming a STAT like player. He will get a block or two from that weakside help defending. I would like to see him develop in the post a little more on defense especially as that is where we will need him to step up.

He could easily develop into a 20-10 guy with 5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. He has all the weapons and she's getting bigger, faster, and making better basketball decisions. This year will be a big test for him, but i like his chances.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I'd be happy if he came in and averaged 13 and 10. Pretty good development over the last part of the year. He has a lot of skills and a lot of potential. I can see him becoming a STAT like player. He will get a block or two from that weakside help defending. I would like to see him develop in the post a little more on defense especially as that is where we will need him to step up.

He could easily develop into a 20-10 guy with 5 assists and 1.5 blocks per game. He has all the weapons and she's getting bigger, faster, and making better basketball decisions. This year will be a big test for him, but i like his chances.
    You see it now.... the plan:

STAT will be STAT in D'ant's old PHO system.
    RANDOLPH will be DIAW.
    AZUBUIKE will play the BELL part.
    FELTON casts himself in the role of NASH.
    CHANDLER stars as the new MARION.
    DOUGLAS = BARBOSA.

We have GALLO to play the role of Joe Johnson.

Finally, Mike has his players to run his system. Away we go.

I'm excited to see Randolph develop into the player that many of us thought he could be. And this system is a perfect fit.

One question. Will he start or come off the bench?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I'm excited to see Randolph develop into the player that many of us thought he could be. And this system is a perfect fit.

One question. Will he start or come off the bench?

I think it depends on matchups and whatnot. Did Boris Diaw start? Sometimes, right?

WE can forget about Curry. I doubt he even hustles, let alone fight for a job. Mozgov is a dark horse, just because it would be nasty to have Randolph and Douglas eat 2nd teams alive (and fact is Randolph will play in 4th quarter anyway).

Sort of like Al Harrington last year.

Turiaf might as well when he's fully recovered and healthy.

But, it looks like.... to start the year.... it is Randolph's job almost by default. Wll he run with it?

Superstar

Default Anthony Randolph

In the past, several members proposed various trades for Randolph. I get NBA League Pass and watched him a few times. His potential seems unlimited and he is not 21 until tomorrow. I concluded that he was untouchable.

There have been "concerns" about his basketball IQ and maturity but those things are usually age related. The video is impressive and his athleticism seems impossible for someone who is 6'11".

I agree with Metro. I do not know how we got him, but I am certainly glad he is ours. Thank you, Don Nelson!

I know this thread is about his defense of prowess, sorry Metro but I love this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_GAtyNm8vnE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_GAtyNm8vnE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I love his attitude, think he can bring "D" back to the Garden.

And this year, can we please not allow big name stars come to the Garden and put on a show, laugh & giggle, while they embarrass the Knicks. D'antoni seems to be like "Oh well, he is gonna get his points".

Why? With JVG or Mark Jackson as the coach this nonsense would not be allowed. I hope Randolph will step up and take charge.

Would this have happened on Oaks watch? I doubt it.

Veteran

The guy is definitely unreal with his height, wing span and leaping ability. He is going to be the stopper down low and teams will think twice about taking it to the hole like they did last year, got tired of other team players saying that was the game plan to be aggressive and take it to the hole against the Knicks last year.

If D'Antoni doesn't play this kid big minutes, he needs to be fired asap.

Originally Posted by jeckomaru
    I know this thread is about his defense of prowess, sorry Metro but I love this:

<OBJECT width=480 height=385>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_GAtyNm8vnE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></OBJECT>
    </P>

Wow if he does one of those a night in the Garden I'm gonna trip

Cool Anthony randolphs d

Randolph needs to gain weight if you wanna play him along side Amare. It seems he did put some on but mozgov is a better fit. I think randoph will dominate smaller centers and he can play the 3,4 and 5. He's gonna bring some passion and attitude alond with Amare. Our D will be much improved cause these guys are fiesty and won't give up easy scores like the bums we had last year. Randolph will be 2nd team all defense this year.

I'm hype on anthony right now.

hes such an animal