Nuggets Add Al Harrington? Helps our Melo Chances

Nuggets Add Ex-Kninck Al Harrington for 5yr/$34million Link:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=537852

He bascially signed for the full MLE so i know it doesn't hurt their cap but i think they make this move because they know Carmelo is on his way out and they need a scorer. I don't think Melo and Al can coinside because Al doesn't pass and Melo needs the ball. Don't think they even need Al another scoring off bench threat because they have Lawson and J.r Smith.

I don't know maybe I'm looking to far into this?

jpz17

Starter
didn't know where I could post this but David Lee will wear #10 in GSW.. Al wasn't very good. Good bye Al. Thanks for actually working hard, but sometimes too selfish. Have fun in Denver.

Maybe it helps with melo..?

skisloper

Starter
Nuggets Add Ex-Kninck Al Harrington for 5yr/$34million Link:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=537852

He bascially signed for the full MLE so i know it doesn't hurt their cap but i think they make this move because they know Carmelo is on his way out and they need a scorer. I don't think Melo and Al can coinside because Al doesn't pass and Melo needs the ball. Don't think they even need Al another scoring off bench threat because they have Lawson and J.r Smith.

I don't know maybe I'm looking to far into this?

U are 100% correct,,,,

Looking too far into it...

smokes

Huge Member
Also Melo doesn't need the ball like most of the other top players (Wade/Lebron/Kobe), he's a much better catch and shoot player and creates his own shot. I see him more like a Paul Pierce x100. A lot more solid with a good PG feeding him.

mafra

Legend
IT MIGHT ACTUALLY HURT OUR CHANCES:

Las Vegas - As much as Al Harrington wanted to remain with the Knicks, there was always a part of him that believed Mike D'Antoni would never allow that to happen.

"Hell no," Harrington said Wednesday. "He definitely didn't want me back. That was the most obvious thing of all. We all knew that he didn't want me to be there."

Harrington's brief run with the Knicks officially ended when the veteran forward agreed to a five-year, $34 million contract with the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday. For months, Harrington was holding out hope that Knicks president Donnie Walsh, who drafted Harrington for the Pacers out of St. Patrick High School in Elizabeth, would find a way to keep him.

But in order for the Knicks to sign Amar'e Stoudemire and Raymond Felton, the club had to renounce Harrington's rights. It was a bitter ending for Harrington, who never felt wanted by his head coach.

Their relationship soured early last season when Harrington learned that D'Antoni was trying to trade him during the season. D'Antoni met with Harrington and denied trying to move him, but the damage was already done. There were other issues. Harrington believed he could have been better utilized in the post as opposed to being a perimeter shooter.

"Communication is the key with everything," Harrington added. "I respect people that tell you what it is. Don't tell me one thing and say something different to somebody else."

Harrington, 30, claims he doesn't understand why D'Antoni wouldn't embrace him, saying "I came off the bench and did whatever he asked me to do. I don't think he liked my game so now I'm moving on.

"When we won a game and I played well he wouldn't even mention me in his postgame comments. It is what it is. I thank him for the opportunity to play but I don't think I was a guy that he really liked."

D'Antoni, however, contends that the decision to part with Harrington as well as David Lee was based simply on the fact that the Knicks had a chance to improve by signing Stoudemire.

"Amar'e kinda filled that position pretty good so I think we're okay," D'Antoni said. "We just changed the structure of the team. He and David Lee were financially out. I'm happy for Al, but it just didn't work out."

Harrington says he is "excited to be joining a playoff team again" and is optimistic that Carmelo Anthony will sign an extension with the club. Anthony has a three-year, $65 million offer on the table from the Nuggets. If Anthony declines Denver's offer, he can become a free agent next summer and is already being targeted by the Knicks.

"I think he'll re-sign," Harrington said. "At least I hope he does."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...nded_any_shot_for_him_to_r.html#ixzz0tkzEoVnQ