knicks and shannon brown?

out of all the remaining free agents this guy is one of the best fits for the knicks,i think he can come cheap and pay off im suprised they havent looked into him more. crazy athletism and promising player

dassknick

Benchwarmer
2x champion...id prefer him over Chandler as well.

As others have said about Chandler -- you can't teach heart.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
His game and Walker's games are a egamirorrim. What's up with people seeing that someone's available and saying "he'd be a great fit for the knicks", without even bothering to elaborate.

Why would he be a great fit? Because he's a mad dunker? What does he do better than any SG or SF that's currently on the roster? Dunk. WGAF?

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
His game and Walker's games are a egamirorrim. What's up with people seeing that someone's available and saying "he'd be a great fit for the knicks", without even bothering to elaborate.

Why would he be a great fit? Because he's a mad dunker? What does he do better than any SG or SF that's currently on the roster? Dunk. WGAF?
I agree, sb can't reply play point. If you had seem the laker playoff run, he lack offensive awareness and can't really play a traditional pg. Most important we already got 2.
Sb was dumb to opt out of his contract.

smokes

Huge Member
Well he's not really a PG he's more of a combo/2 guard.

But at the 2 guard position we already have mad athleticism.

Ok yes athleticism is nice but lets not go overboard lol! We already have Walker, Azubuike, Chandler, Randolph, Amare who have are crazy athletic. We don't need EVERY player on our roster to be able to play above the rim.

For our SG we should really chase someone with more ability to shoot. I like Reddick although he's probably going Chi + "ugly" contract offer + not really a starter. Jared Dudley is nice too if we could pry him out of PHX.

I think SG is going to be the Knicks downfall for the next couple of seasons unless Bill Walker can show some consistent game :crossfingers:

Well he's not really a PG he's more of a combo/2 guard.

For our SG we should really chase someone with more ability to shoot. I like Reddick although he's probably going Chi + "ugly" contract offer + not really a starter. Jared Dudley is nice too if we could pry him out of PHX.

I think SG is going to be the Knicks downfall for the next couple of seasons unless Bill Walker can show some consistent game :crossfingers:

Reddick can't play D but hes an excellent 3 point shooter, also Jared Dudley would be nice also another great 3 pt shooter and can play D. I agree 100% with you that SG is def going to be the Knicks downfall for a couple of seasons I really can't see Bill Walker being a legit starter for us.

petescud

Starter
Do we have any guard that can break down a defense...slash to the basket and get fouled? I see us stocking up on big guys, but do we even have a proven shooting guard

smokes

Huge Member
Do we have any guard that can break down a defense...slash to the basket and get fouled? I see us stocking up on big guys, but do we even have a proven shooting guard

As far as proven goes no. As far as SG goes no...

As for guards, Felton has mad speed so he can definately break down the defense.

It comes down to Walker/Chandler at the 2. Both of them have potential. Walker seems to have the more consistent outside shot and is definately athletic enough to be an elite slasher. Can he come through as an effective and consistent starter? That remains to be seen.

Chandler is a lot less consistent outside and seems the less aggressive of the two. However he has the same athletic potential, a good post game and is a good defender.

It's a hard choice really.

Paul1355

All Star
out of all the remaining free agents this guy is one of the best fits for the knicks,i think he can come cheap and pay off im suprised they havent looked into him more. crazy athletism and promising player
i agree brown would be a nice fit, explosive fast SG who can slam it down and play some defense.

Decent shot.

I like him

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Saw a lot of Shannon Brown during the playoffs. Nothing said "starting SG" to me. The man is fast, explosive, but looked a little lost when handling the ball. And I did not see him sink many jump shots either. I wouldn't say he's a bad fit, just not starting material.

wnyknicksfan

Benchwarmer
Rudy fernandez

Isola stated that were on his list where he wants to go were at the top apparently

We would trade chandler future second from the deal we just did and rautins I was so excited but he is a d league at best for fernandez and luke Babbitt

I don't think we could stop there with trades we would trade walker Babbitt and cash or draft pick for rubio and sessions

Were one away from a spainaird big three for 2011

People say fernandez is a scrub look at what fields has done in summer league change of game style works great for some players

Our starting line up would be
Felton
Fernandez
Gallo
Amare
Barron because turiaf coming off injury

With a bench of
Randolph
Sessions
Fields
Buike
Mozgoz
Turiaf
Jordan
Curry
Ewing
Landry
Carrol
The last three fight for injured reserved
Then next summer we ink
Marc gasol
Rubio

The next year
Rubio
Fernandez
Gallo
Amare
Gasol
Farfetched I know

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I've always liked him. We already have a ridiculously athletic team but go for it. He'd had a good shot at winning the starting Shooting guard spot.

mafra

Legend
Knicks make offer to Lakers' Brown

Posted on: July 29, 2010 3:36 pm

The Knicks have extended an offer to Shannon Brown and are waiting to hear whether the Lakers' free-agent guard will take it or wait for L.A. to make room to re-sign him by trading Sasha Vujacic, two people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com Thursday.

Brown, 24, played all 82 games for the champion Lakers last season and is weighing whether to join Ray Felton in the Knicks' revamped backcourt or give the Lakers time to clear the room needed to re-sign him. The Lakers didn't give all of their mid-level exception to point guard Steve Blake, so some of it is left for Brown. But that's not really the issue. The Lakers, as usual, are well into the luxury tax. So moving Vujacic's $5.4 million salary for next season would ease the tax hit associated with keeping Brown.

Brown's electrifying transition game would be a huge asset in coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo system, and Brown would have a good chance of winning a starting job after starting only seven games for the Lakers last season.

Meanwhile, the Knicks continue to explore trade possibilities and remain interested in Blazers swingman Rudy Fernandez, who is actively being shopped. In their pursuit of a deal for Fernandez, or perhaps Chris Paul if and when the Hornets begin fielding serious trade inquiries, the Knicks have a few more assets to offer than commonly realized. According to two people familiar with how the David Lee sign-and-trade arrangement was structured, the Knicks do not have to wait the standard 60 days before combining Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph or Kelenna Azubuike with other players in a trade. The Knicks were still under the salary cap when Lee was signed and traded, exempting them from the 60-day waiting period, which applies only to players acquired with a trade exception by teams that are over the cap.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He would win the starting job at SG. He is very talented. I absolutely think he would make a good addition.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Knicks make offer to Lakers' Brown

Posted on: July 29, 2010 3:36 pm

The Knicks have extended an offer to Shannon Brown and are waiting to hear whether the Lakers' free-agent guard will take it or wait for L.A. to make room to re-sign him by trading Sasha Vujacic, two people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com Thursday.

Brown, 24, played all 82 games for the champion Lakers last season and is weighing whether to join Ray Felton in the Knicks' revamped backcourt or give the Lakers time to clear the room needed to re-sign him. The Lakers didn't give all of their mid-level exception to point guard Steve Blake, so some of it is left for Brown. But that's not really the issue. The Lakers, as usual, are well into the luxury tax. So moving Vujacic's $5.4 million salary for next season would ease the tax hit associated with keeping Brown.

Brown's electrifying transition game would be a huge asset in coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo system, and Brown would have a good chance of winning a starting job after starting only seven games for the Lakers last season.

Meanwhile, the Knicks continue to explore trade possibilities and remain interested in Blazers swingman Rudy Fernandez, who is actively being shopped. In their pursuit of a deal for Fernandez, or perhaps Chris Paul if and when the Hornets begin fielding serious trade inquiries, the Knicks have a few more assets to offer than commonly realized. According to two people familiar with how the David Lee sign-and-trade arrangement was structured, the Knicks do not have to wait the standard 60 days before combining Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph or Kelenna Azubuike with other players in a trade. The Knicks were still under the salary cap when Lee was signed and traded, exempting them from the 60-day waiting period, which applies only to players acquired with a trade exception by teams that are over the cap.

Thank you! We really could get Paul. It's not so far fetched.