It Pains Me To Say It.....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
BUT

Bill "Sky" Walker, has looked horrendous in 3 SL games. I am a huge fan of Walker boys, but he's been SHOCKING.

Indecisive. Low % shooting. No court vision. Bad fouls. What's going on!?

mafra

Legend
Ewing has looked good though!

Yeah, so much for Bill Walker being our starting SG, or even our 6th man this year. Should be ok being the 2nd guard off the bench (Douglas the first), but the way things look so far Landry could be the backup SG (with Ewing the backup SF).

If Azubuike isn't fully recovered from his knee injury... we are in big trouble.

I guess this is why we're looking into Howard, and why we might be forced to trade Wilson for a legit SG.

He's still young though. Drafted in 2009. Hasn't really played much.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
Ewing has looked good though!

Yeah, so much for Bill Walker being our starting SG, or even our 6th man this year. Should be ok being the 2nd guard off the bench (Douglas the first), but the way things look so far Landry could be the backup SG (with Ewing the backup SF).

If Azubuike isn't fully recovered from his knee injury... we are in big trouble.

I guess this is why we're looking into Howard, and why we might be forced to trade Wilson for a legit SG.

He's still young though. Drafted in 2009. Hasn't really played much.

IMO Josh Howard is a real efficient shooting guard we could look into, dude can play D, shoot, and slash, he does just enough, sum times i think as knick fans we don't know what's good for us, and why haven't we even consider Raja Bell???

nyk_nyk

All Star
If you look closely at the games you will see that most of the inefficient play is a result of TD's horrible showing at PG. He's trying really hard and I give him credit for that but he's just not cut out for that responsibility. Guys usually get the ball in bad spots and can't do anything but try to create for themselves, which = a lower fg%.

Walker is fine. He's just suffering from depending on a subpar PG and not enough good shooters to spread the floor for him.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It would also help if we could stick to the topic of the thread at least through the first 2 pages.

:thumbsup:

Walker is your typical side car player, if he is put in the position to hold a game down he cant handle it

if you watched him last year he was a product of playing with other guys who were taking most of the shots and his baskets came as their expense

back cuts
roll outs
wide open threes because no one respected his jumper
open lanes due to double teams on lee
people fail to recognize the legitimacy of Dantoni's offensive schemes in
that it gets any one who can finish around the basket east buckets all day long

hence D LEE's ridiculous numbers

if you are a shooter you will get open shots
if you are a slasher you will get easy dunks
and if you are a true point guard you will get
plenty of chances to make plays

thats his offense

funny enough haha
thats basketball lol

most coaches make it too complicated and forget what its about

but for a guy the athleticism of walker
it fits well for him

this environment of summer league where every one is chucking and chucking and driving and not moving the ball around

he looks lost.

Also losing 27 lbs is a huge deal thats alot of weight

he was running some players over last year getting to the rim, I am sure that he is adjusting to having to rely on his speed over power.

I recently posted in another thread that I really dont see much from him this year being that we have azabuikie but he will get spot minutes

point is he isnt key to us to the point of worrying about it during summer league. he is just a prospect bench warmer as per 2k10.

p0nder

Starter
He really has not looked good at all. I was hoping that the weight loss would increase his activity levels around the basket, but he doesn't seemt o have that killer instinct in the summer league. Still i think DFDH has a good point that Walker gets a lot of the easy/garbage buckets last season because he went strong to the rim and got open shots when he rolled out or his man had to help defend.

Ewing has looked GREAT. that kid has got some game. He's not as big or dominant as his dad, but he has a better long range jumper and he is quicker. I could see him breaking the rotation a few times this season if he continues to develop this nicely.

Fields and Landry have realllly impressed me as well. Douglas had a huge block last night against the raptors that had me out of my seat. This kid has skills we haven't even touched yet.

The rest of the SL squad has not been that impressive... those three are very bright spots tho IMHO.

BUT

Bill "Sky" Walker, has looked horrendous in 3 SL games. I am a huge fan of Walker boys, but he's been SHOCKING.

too much pressure is probably one of the reasons why he's suckin. Very few are cut out to make it in NY. Make it here you can make it anywhere...As the song says...this is not the place for the young and inexperience. Big fish swim in this pond, there is not enough room for guppies.

moneyg

Starter
shooting guard will be our problem. im seeing guys list a bunch of SFs like thats gonna help... we need a legit SG.. chandler is not a SG barnes is not a SG. dudley is not a SG..all SF.. ok... Arent we tired of playing players out of position???

clumsy

Rotation player
What are you talkin about expectations are at an all time low.

WE are getting hype for getting a 6th seed in the playoffs

iSaYughh

Starter
Walker just should be used situationally, like DerekHarper mentioned.

Felton
--Douglas--
Gallo
AR-47
STAT

Simple.

Azzy and Walker coming off bench in situations, spelling the 2 and occasionally 3 spots, throwing in Chandler as our main tagteam for Gallo.

Evaluate things and go from there and improvise as need be.

I'm still surprised we got Timorex MozelTov over Morrow...but Walsh prolly knows what's what and the impact on our cap going forward.

Paul1355

All Star
BUT

Walker needs playing time to get better, I think he is just rusty to organized basketball.

All that matters is what happens during the season.

Yes he hasn't been dominate which he should be, but he has made some hard shots, he is just shooting too many threes.

He has always fouled a million times, thats something he has to stop doing....

I though he'd be our starter but now I am leaning towards Chandler at the 2 spot.

too much pressure is probably one of the reasons why he's suckin. Very few are cut out to make it in NY. Make it here you can make it anywhere...As the song says...this is not the place for the young and inexperience. Big fish swim in this pond, there is not enough room for guppies.

Walker lit it up the second half of last year, in NY, in The Garden. Summer League is not in NY, so that "pressure of NY" is clearly not the reason. Please don't post this kind of garbage, it's just stupid.

Walker lit it up the second half of last year, in NY, in The Garden. Summer League is not in NY, so that "pressure of NY" is clearly not the reason. Please don't post this kind of garbage, it's just stupid.

C' mon dude, did you really need to respond to my post with that bs. I know where the hell he was playing. It?s not a stupid comment...it just flew over your head.
<O:p</O:p
I saw what he did last season too and it wasn?t for the whole second half, he only shined in a few games. Even though he opened a few eyes late last year (who else was there to watch?), real ballers stay on top of their game. He won?t last long in NY with the poor performance he?s displaying right now, and it?s not just him either.
You need some perspective? Ok, imagine when he?s in the pressure cooker called ?the Garden? and playing against the real teams when it really matters. If you can?t succeed or advertise your talent in the kiddy summer league, the big boys will stomp you out come regular season?that?s if he makes it that far.
I don?t believe in ?once a part of time?, ?sometimes? or streaky players. They never last in this city.

Paul1355

All Star
C' mon dude, did you really need to respond to my post with that bs. I know where the hell he was playing. It?s not a stupid comment...it just flew over your head.
<o>:p</o>:p
I saw what he did last season too and it wasn?t for the whole second half, he only shined in a few games. Even though he opened a few eyes late last year (who else was there to watch?), real ballers stay on top of their game. He won?t last long in NY with the poor performance he?s displaying right now, and it?s not just him either.
You need some perspective? Ok, imagine when he?s in the pressure cooker called ?the Garden? and playing against the real teams when it really matters. If you can?t succeed or advertise your talent in the kiddy summer league, the big boys will stomp you out come regular season?that?s if he makes it that far.
I don?t believe in ?once a part of time?, ?sometimes? or streaky players. They never last in this city.

Treat summer league with a grain of salt, it is not as serious as the NBA and every player is rusty.

Seeing that Walker is 25 pounds lighter, he will be even better than last season guaranteed.

He is not taking charge in the summer league and driving to the hoop.

Put some good players with him and he will be flying sky high.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's summer league.

Nate Robinson dominated summer league.

Where the hell is he now? Oh wait, he's a bench scorer for the Scumtics.

GRIM REAPER

Rookie
:afro: says to the :boohoo:"shut up for i bussacapinyoassyoumothafukabiotchassfool" then the :boohoo:puts his :2cents: in and :barf:eek:n the :afro: then the :afro: gets his 2 goons:beer: and they beat him so bad that the protesters:agreed:,:gony: help.then the fire :alert: rings and the undercover cop:smokin: prays he can lock these guys up:crossfingers:,calls in and gets an :thumbsup:from the captain to arrest the fighters.so at court the :afro:,:boohoo:,:agreed:,:gony:,:beer:,are begging the judge:cool: not to send them to jail:teeth: but the judge says "NO you did a crime and you must :2cents: for it.so the :afro:,:boohoo:,:agreed:,:gony:,:beer:,fight the judge:cool: and escapes.now they are in mexico celebrating :peace:their freedom.

wait we have an :update: the :afro:,:boohoo:,:agreed:,:gony:,:beer:, have been nabbed.the day is saved by detective undercover man :smokin:.oh wait sry they are in a high speed chase and gunfire erupts:fazer:.:machinegun: and people are dying.so then comes in :shooter: and he assassinates everyone involved.

the end

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
Summer league you talkin about , summer league , summer league you talking about summer league , what summer league ...... Lol come on now we know what he can do he gotta get use to his new body ... Plus we dont need another. Injured player out there