Thread: Isola Tweets: Knicks - Rudy Fernandez

Hybrid View

Default Isola Tweets: Knicks - Rudy Fernandez

There have been those wondering about the prospect of acquiring Rudy Fernandez on here. This is the latest from Isola.

Blazers source says Rudy Fernandez has list of 4 teams he wants to be traded to and yes Knicks are one of them. Knicks lead NBA in lists
    Blazers source says team would trade Rudy but Knicks don't have anything they like.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

No doubt they want a back up 2 guard in return to play behind Roy. The best we'd have to offer is Azabuike.

Veteran

Isola's blog says we could probably get him if we traded Wilson Chandler.

But Fernandez doesn't play defense, and Chandler does. And Chandler is versatile, being able to play SG, SF, and PF if we need him to (not WELL, but he can). Fernandez, on the other hand, is rather one-dimensional.

I say we wait and see how good of a player Landry Fields becomes before we consider this trade. It won't be the end of the world if we don't have him, and he's not an AMAZING player - if Landry Fields turns out to be a great player, then we can trade either him or Chandler pending

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Isola's blog says we could probably get him if we traded Wilson Chandler.

But Fernandez doesn't play defense, and Chandler does. And Chandler is versatile, being able to play SG, SF, and PF if we need him to (not WELL, but he can). Fernandez, on the other hand, is rather one-dimensional.

I say we wait and see how good of a player Landry Fields becomes before we consider this trade. It won't be the end of the world if we don't have him, and he's not an AMAZING player - if Landry Fields turns out to be a great player, then we can trade either him or Chandler pending
    I dont think I would do Chandler for Rudy straight up...Chandlers defense is too valuable...Chandler can be used in a trade for a big time player...Melo?

He is close to a deal with a Euro team. I lost faith awhile back.. We'll go with Chandler even though I don't like him

I personally think Rudy Fernandez is a tab bit overrated on Knick forums, and no, I really am not that interested in trading Wilson Chandler for him

Originally Posted by keyser soze
    I personally think Rudy Fernandez is a tab bit overrated on Knick forums, and no, I really am not that interested in trading Wilson Chandler for him
    I did in my fantasy bball league that just started lol now i'm buying him out for more cap space i guess

Originally Posted by keyser soze
    I think he's just as much overrated as Chandler is. He's definitly an upgrade over WC at the 2, because he's a better ballhandler & shooter and would be a better fit to play alongside STAT.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero

But Fernandez doesn't play defense...
    I disagree. I mean, he isn't Kobe Bryant, but if you look at his numbers the beginning of last season and the one before that, he was a monster in steals, having various games of 3-4 steals. Then came the injury last year and the frustration of playing with the Blazers loaded at the swing position with Outlaw, Martell, Batum, Roy, Bayless.. and his numbers went south.

But he has exactly what we're lacking right now: a young 2guard with size, huge upside that can get steals, run the lanes and fill it up from beyond the arc.

Chandler's not gonna get it done from the 2spot. He plays better at the 3 and even 4spot, and we are obviously too stacked in those positions right now with players that come before him in the pecking order.

Chandler for Fernandez? would do it in a heartbeat if the Blazers are that foolish.

If the trade involved us getting Bayless i'd pull the trigger.....

Originally Posted by portega1968
    I disagree. I mean, he isn't Kobe Bryant, but if you look at his numbers the beginning of last season and the one before that, he was a monster in steals, having various games of 3-4 steals. Then came the injury last year and the frustration of playing with the Blazers loaded at the swing position with Outlaw, Martell, Batum, Roy, Bayless.. and his numbers went south.

But he has exactly what we're lacking right now: a young 2guard with size, huge upside that can get steals, run the lanes and fill it up from beyond the arc.

Chandler's not gonna get it done from the 2spot. He plays better at the 3 and even 4spot, and we are obviously too stacked in those positions right now with players that come before him in the pecking order.

Chandler for Fernandez? would do it in a heartbeat if the Blazers are that foolish.
    I don't know. I just don't see it. Chandler is taller, he's a couple of years younger, he has better career averages, he is a better defender, and he is much more versatile (can potentially play the 2,3, or 4). Other than Fernandez being a much better natural shooter, what advantage does he really have over Chandler? The only two issues with Chander right now are A) His best position by far is the 3 and that happens to be where Gallo is most effective, B) he has needed anke surgery in 2 straight offseasons.

Originally Posted by portega1968

Agreed.

Why does everyone just assume a player from Europe doesn't play defense? It's really annoying. He's not a lock-down defender but he's not bad either.

As someone stated above that Fernandez is overvalued in KOL, I also think Chandler is overvalued here too. What value does Chandler really have? I don't get it. Hence, why Portland said we don't have anything they want.