Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isola Tweets: Knicks - Rudy Fernandez

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Toons
    lmaooooo rudy??? rudy fernandez??
    Rudy is better than Chandler, especially in this system.

I rather have Garcia thought who plays more defense and can shoot.

Veteran

Fernandez gets steals.

But steals are hardly indicative of a player's ability on defense.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rudy is better than Chandler, especially in this system.

I rather have Garcia thought who plays more defense and can shoot.
    you may have a point about it being ''in this system'' (which i cant say because i have not seen rudy play here or in a similar system). Chandler is more talented, and more valuable than rudy. people were only rushing to trade wilson, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, if the team took eddy curry with him. That speaks volumes for wilson and his nba trade value. A team would have to take a bloated contract for a full season with no productivity to get our prized chandler.

Veteran

In a vacuum, Chandler is better and more valuable than Rudy. But Metro has been preaching Rudy's merits in our team and system for a while, and I think he's more correct than ever with our recent moves.

A key difference being overlooked is that Rudy is a 2. An actual shooting guard.

Chandler can play the 2, but he isn't a legit 2.

His primary position is one we are loaded at, and even his combo ability to rotate into the 2 is negated some by our trade for AR-47, Turiaf, and Azzy.

It does seem like we should still get better value; especially if there is any legitimacy to Chandler being instrumental in a blockbuster trade.

Felton
    Rudy
    Gallo
    AR-47
    Amare

Is kind if a ridiculous starting 5. Mismatches much. Still that way without Rudy tho...most athletic and physically freakish starting rotations in the league.

Rudy Fernandez is overrated on KOL.

Rudy Fernandez is a Shooting Guard, that cant shoot. He shot an abysmal 38% from the field in 62 games playing 23 mins per. He is streaky from beyond the arc. He never passes the ball, only averaging 2 assist per game (he drives with his head down) , 2 rebounds per game, and he barely misses having a whole number for steals averaging 0.9 per game.

I WOULD HATE TO SEE THAT CHEESY TWO HANDED DUNK IN THE GARDEN.

Rudy is a good role player, but definitely not what the knicks need.

At shooting guard, last year chandler shot 48% from the field.

so, its safe to say, chandler is a better shooter than rudy

i know chandler barely shoots 30% from 3, but if he took less 3's, he would be shooting over 50% at shooting guard.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    In a vacuum, Chandler is better and more valuable than Rudy. But Metro has been preaching Rudy's merits in our team and system for a while, and I think he's more correct than ever with our recent moves.

A key difference being overlooked is that Rudy is a 2. An actual shooting guard.

His primary position is one we are loaded at, and even his combo ability to rotate into the 2 is negated some by our trade for AR-47, Turiaf, and Azzy.

It does seem like we should still get better value; especially if there is any legitimacy to Chandler being instrumental in a blockbuster trade.

Felton
    Rudy
    Gallo
    AR-47
    Amare

Is kind if a ridiculous starting 5. Mismatches much. Still that way without Rudy tho...most athletic and physically freakish starting rotations in the league.
    Not overlooked by me . . . I have mentioned it twice already.

Having said that, I agree with your premise of us having the most freakishly athletic starting lineup in the league either way. The only other thing I'd add though, is that I doubt Stoudemire is going to start at Center based on all of the big men we have brought in. I would think they would be looking to start him at the 4, which is clearly his better position. (Then again, he has had good success at the 5 before)
    Last edited by keyser soze; Jul 16, 2010 at 15:23.

yeah, the article in the other thread (the one about Eddy Curry being told he will not receive playing time) mentions that Stoudemire has been assured he will be used at Power forward, as opposed to Center.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh

Felton
    Rudy
    Gallo
    AR-47
    Amare

Felton
    Azubuike
    Gallinari
    Amare
    Randolph

yeah yeah, i heard the arguements againt anthony at the 5, but look at it, its a bigger mismatch for us. we can run opponents centers into exhaustion, then go big

Chandler
    Gallo
    Amare
    Randolph
    Mozgov

Felton
    Azubuike
    Gallinari
    Amare
    Randolph

yeah yeah, i heard the arguements againt anthony at the 5, but look at it, its a bigger mismatch for us. we can run opponents centers into exhaustion, then go big

Chandler
    Gallo
    Amare
    Randolph
    Mozgov
    Wheres the pg in this lineup..

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Fernandez gets steals.

But steals are hardly indicative of a player's ability on defense.
    ??????hardly indicative????????

maybe not the only indicator, maybe not the best indicator, but definitely it's a defensive statistic IMO

anyways, I recognize that Chandler is a better overall player than Rudy, but we need Rudy's game at the 2 right now more than what we get from Chandler at the 2.

its not a STARTING 5, coaches try many combinations in games, gallo can play pt fw, and chandler can play more of a combo guard. and in a halfcourt system, i was thinking posting and dominating inside after we already have a lead after running n gunning

what does rudy fernandez do as a shooting guard, that makes him bettter than wilson chandler at shootign guard?

what does rudy fernandez do as a shooting guard, that makes him bettter than wilson chandler at shootign guard?
    Dribble, pass, shoot, handle, steal, IQ.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Chandler (career totals):
    182 career games @31.5 minutes per game avg.
    3points made = 152 (.308 avg.)
    freethrow% = .779
    steals = .73 per game
    assists = 1.9 per game

Fernandez (career totals):
    140 career games @24.5 minutes per game avg.
    3points made = 257 (.387 avg.)
    freethrow% = .851
    steals = .94 per game
    assists = 2.0 per game

Chandler total minutes = 5,733
    Fernandez total minutes = 3,430

In 2,000 less minutes (more or less 40 games), Fernandez has made 100 more 3pointers. Also, he gets more steals, is a better free throw shooter and gets more assists, thats why I think he's a better 2guard than Chandler.

Chandler's better numbers in blocks, rebounds and fg% make him a better fit for the 3spot.

Spin it any way you want, but Fernandez is what we need at the 2 over Chandler, case closed.