MIAMI HEAT have spent 400 million and counting....

mafra

Legend
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh all signed six-year contracts to play for the Miami Heat on Friday. In a never-before seen display of hype, hysteria, and hyperbole, the "Super-Friends" had the NBA world on a string, and ultimately they got everything they wanted (except for LeBron, who may just now be learning what him and his business manager Maverick Carter did to his brand). Bosh and James will earn $110 million over the term of their deals, while Wade will earn $107 million, with each of them taking roughly $15 million less than the max.

Mike Miller's deal with Miami is for five-years and about $25 million.

Udonis Haslem, a power forward, signed a five-year deal worth about $20 million.

The Heat have reportedly re-signed center Joel Anthony to a five-year, $18 million contract.

The Heat signed rookie big man Dexter Pittman on Friday. However, fellow rooks Jarvis Varnado and Da'Sean Butler may end up playing over seas next season since the Heat are ready to try to win right now.

While the Heat are not said to be interested in signing Penny Hardaway, there is a list of guys they're thinking about making minimum offers to in order to fill out the roster.

They're still expected to sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Juwan Howard, and then will look at a few of these guys: Carlos Arroyo, James Jones, Tracy McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Eddie House, Keyon Dooling, Jason Williams, Kwame Brown, Jawad Williams and Rasual Butler.

BY MY COUNT, the Miami Heat have spent 390 million dollars signing Wade, Bosh, James, Miller, Haslem & Anthony. Spending almost 400 million dollars in a mere fortnight!

There are reports that Ilgauskus, Howard & Pittman have signed on as well. I have to assume these 3 contracts will equal about 10 million. So, we can officially declare that MIA has spent 400+ million dollars this July (for they still have a few roster spots to fill out).

WOW.... Freaking WOW.... Way to go Pat Riley, huh?

In 2007, the Boston Red Sox spent almost 300 million dollars to bolster their roster, after a playoff-less 2006 campaign. This titllating tidbit was barely a footnote when the press covered BOS's championship run....

In 2009, the New York Yankees spent 400 million bucks to lure 3 top dawgs to their club, and this fact was hammered home repeatedly. This financial fact was the preamble to any story involving, or revolving, the Yanks last year.... Drummed home for all to hear/read/see/think about whenever the team was mentioned.

So here we are.... Now another franchise goes ALL-IN, and shells out almost a half billion dollars. Fine. Good for them. But, will the reporting be biased? Will the attention be focused on the title run (like it was with BOS) or diluted a little (like it was for NY)?

I imagine ESPN barely even broaches the topic of payroll and the off-season spending spree. I doubt we hear "half-billion" or "400 million" once from Sept-June. NOt a peep.

Actually, it might be the reverse.... They'll talk about what a coup MIA was able to pull off.... About the "bargain" deals they got, how people took "less money" to win, and the climate that fostered! LOL! Complete bogus, right?

They might even say they were frugal!

AND, what's with JAMES shouting aloud about winning SEVEN titles? I thought he signed a 6 yr-deal? Methinks even now James is thinking only of himself and his legacy. Like he cares about Wade-Bosh, or MIA.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
HAHA. I saw LeBron go nuts with the promises of how many championships Miami will win.

"Not one, not two, not three, . . . . "

Kobe must have been furious.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LeBitch will never be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe ever again unless the sentence is "Kobe ****ING OWNS LeBitch"

Lebitch had a chance to boost up his legacy if he led a team to some championships and created a dynasty but now that he's playing second fiddle, there's nothing more for him.

iSaYughh

Starter
All Kobe was doing while LeBron dreamed, was cleaning all his rings.

:peace: Thats pretty funny.

More I ponder the more i feel this was a severe miscalculation for Jester James. For Wade? Excllent. Pat the Rat? Masterful. Bosh? Who the fck cares he'll be getting posterized by Amare and AR-47 so much he'll be playing like JJ Reddick in 3 yrs.

But for Jester James...WoW.

Legacy? Wade's henchmen, at best, who talked about ruling but just got ruled and tagged along. Scottie Pippen, less respected and more questioned. A Muskateer. Worst? Biggest loser of all time; most disliked an: most mocked and infamous athlete ever.

And if he doesnt already know this, he soon will.

Every loss he tastes will be laced with a healthy dose of acid. And a playoff loss? A CHOKE? His gatorgade will be as if it's laced with cyanide as the metaphysical doubts pile on.

When he wins, he wins less.

When he loses, he loses more.

And no matter what he will be the kingdom's jester, not king.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
:peace: Thats pretty funny...

But for Jester James...WoW.

Legacy? Wade's henchmen, at best, who talked about ruling but just got ruled and tagged along. Scottie Pippen, less respected and more questioned. A Muskateer. Worst? Biggest loser of all time; most disliked an: most mocked and infamous athlete ever.
Jester James. Has a nice ring to it.

the way i see it, by the end of the season lebron james will have played 25-30 games with out the current heat roster being fully intact, being that 75 percent of the players they signed, including wade and bosh are significantly injury prone, if not the most injury prone players in the entire league.

bosh 65 games missed in his career

Juwan Howard is like 38 years old

BIg Z has missed approx 45 games over the past 2 seasons, and has seen his minutes go from 30 to 20 in that time span.

Magliore has played approx 130 games over the past 4 seasons avg around 8 mins per game ??

Miller missed 28 games last season and has not played a full season since his rookie year including 5 years where he has played less than 70 games.

Wade has been durable for 2 seasons

but spent 60 games on the injured list in back to back seasons prior.

point is, this team could fall apart very quickly, and with these 3 guys locked up for around 85 percent of the teams salary cap; this year may be their best year to win it based on the age of their current supporting cast

this may have actually been a good thing for the east lol.

iJoe

Rotation player
Heh good point. The Heat might be team injury next year with all the oldies and I bet a lot of people are rooting for that.

Might lead to the Big 3 picking up for the slack and getting injured as well. Should be fun times.

I look forward to the playoffs with the Celtics vs. Heat and half their teams in ice buckets.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Jester James. Has a nice ring to it.

Yes it does...

LeBitch will never be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe ever again unless the sentence is "Kobe ****ING OWNS LeBitch"

Lebitch had a chance to boost up his legacy if he led a team to some championships and created a dynasty but now that he's playing second fiddle, there's nothing more for him.

While Lebron is up late partying in South Beach, Kobe is getting up early to do some work. Same old same old.

Paul1355

All Star
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh all signed six-year contracts to play for the Miami Heat on Friday. In a never-before seen display of hype, hysteria, and hyperbole, the "Super-Friends" had the NBA world on a string, and ultimately they got everything they wanted (except for LeBron, who may just now be learning what him and his business manager Maverick Carter did to his brand). Bosh and James will earn $110 million over the term of their deals, while Wade will earn $107 million, with each of them taking roughly $15 million less than the max.

Mike Miller's deal with Miami is for five-years and about $25 million.

Udonis Haslem, a power forward, signed a five-year deal worth about $20 million.

The Heat have reportedly re-signed center Joel Anthony to a five-year, $18 million contract.

The Heat signed rookie big man Dexter Pittman on Friday. However, fellow rooks Jarvis Varnado and Da'Sean Butler may end up playing over seas next season since the Heat are ready to try to win right now.

While the Heat are not said to be interested in signing Penny Hardaway, there is a list of guys they're thinking about making minimum offers to in order to fill out the roster.

They're still expected to sign Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Juwan Howard, and then will look at a few of these guys: Carlos Arroyo, James Jones, Tracy McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Eddie House, Keyon Dooling, Jason Williams, Kwame Brown, Jawad Williams and Rasual Butler.

BY MY COUNT, the Miami Heat have spent 390 million dollars signing Wade, Bosh, James, Miller, Haslem & Anthony. Spending almost 400 million dollars in a mere fortnight!

There are reports that Ilgauskus, Howard & Pittman have signed on as well. I have to assume these 3 contracts will equal about 10 million. So, we can officially declare that MIA has spent 400+ million dollars this July (for they still have a few roster spots to fill out).

WOW.... Freaking WOW.... Way to go Pat Riley, huh?

In 2007, the Boston Red Sox spent almost 300 million dollars to bolster their roster, after a playoff-less 2006 campaign. This titllating tidbit was barely a footnote when the press covered BOS's championship run....

In 2009, the New York Yankees spent 400 million bucks to lure 3 top dawgs to their club, and this fact was hammered home repeatedly. This financial fact was the preamble to any story involving, or revolving, the Yanks last year.... Drummed home for all to hear/read/see/think about whenever the team was mentioned.

So here we are.... Now another franchise goes ALL-IN, and shells out almost a half billion dollars. Fine. Good for them. But, will the reporting be biased? Will the attention be focused on the title run (like it was with BOS) or diluted a little (like it was for NY)?

I imagine ESPN barely even broaches the topic of payroll and the off-season spending spree. I doubt we hear "half-billion" or "400 million" once from Sept-June. NOt a peep.

Actually, it might be the reverse.... They'll talk about what a coup MIA was able to pull off.... About the "bargain" deals they got, how people took "less money" to win, and the climate that fostered! LOL! Complete bogus, right?

They might even say they were frugal!

AND, what's with JAMES shouting aloud about winning SEVEN titles? I thought he signed a 6 yr-deal? Methinks even now James is thinking only of himself and his legacy. Like he cares about Wade-Bosh, or MIA.
Lebron wont win 7 titles he wont even win 4 ill give him a few and thats it.

The Yankees got so much flak because they wnet all out for CC, AJ, and Tex....then they wont a championship in the first year...so the odds of Miami winning one is even more likely since baseball has a 25 man roster and basketball has a 12 man roster, a few players in basketball is like revammping a whole baseball lineup with all stars.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's different. Basketball is a team sport. Baseball, not so much - an individual's performance is all that's important.

In baseball one doesn't really need to be a well-balanced team. Many World Series teams have had scrub players playing certain positions - but that doesn't matter, because all you need is a SOLID offense with 5 or 6 good bats and you've got enough offense to win the championship. It doesn't matter if your bottom 3 sucks - in fact, the bottom 3 sucks in MOST lineups.

With basketball on the other hand if you don't have a center, no matter how good the rest of your team is you'll constantly get exposed by bigger teams. It's why LeBron and the Cavs got ****ed by Dwight Howard and Kevin Garnett.

And it's why the Heat are going to have some issues if they don't get a center - they're going to get ****ed in the ass by D12 and the Magic and probably even Bogut and the Bucks...