Why do so many members of the media HATE on the Knicks?

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Here is another great article. I am being sarcastic of course. The following article tries to prove using the PER statistical model that Hollinger uses to show the value of a player. PER even shows how many wins a player is worth. By the model's numbers, DLee can be deemed more valuable than Amare. If the PER numbers were so good, why is Oden a top 10 player? And why is Kobe outside the top 10? I know he didn't have a typically great season, but come on here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5359842

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
give em 2 months when amar'e is beastin' avaeraging close to 25-26 a game and the knicks are rolling then they'll all shut to fu*k up :cool: fu*k espn

Paul1355

All Star
Here is another great article. I am being sarcastic of course. The following article tries to prove using the PER statistical model that Hollinger uses to show the value of a player. PER even shows how many wins a player is worth. By the model's numbers, DLee can be deemed more valuable than Amare. If the PER numbers were so good, why is Oden a top 10 player? And why is Kobe outside the top 10? I know he didn't have a typically great season, but come on here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5359842
because James Dolan made them an embarissment and that they are New York and if your as bad as the Knicks were or as good as the Yankees are, the NY teams will be hated

remember the Yankees were never shown in highlights on ESPN on a consistent level with analysis on the Yankees until they won a championship, now ESPN always has the Yankee highlights first and talks about them more because if they dont it will be an obvious biased against them.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Cablevision.

Remember ESPN is owned by Disney/ABC I believe...

There's a rift between them behind corporate doors.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Yup that's been in existence for several years now. I know this because I know someone who works with marketing for one of these cable networks. Actually he's the VP of Marketing for that network.

But people in the media already know this. Keep in mind, print media is also owned by these networks as well. So you don't really hear to much fuss on it.

Remember the last Academy Awards controversy? Cablevision threatened to not air it on ABC for their Cablevision suscribers... That's a result of Cablevision vs Disney.

So Dolan is partially to blame for the Knicks constantly getting shitted on.