patrick ewing jr

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Dunno, too many forwards on the team and he's not better than any of those we have on the roster.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Its amazing how his son wants to be with the Knicks more than any other team and yet we continually shit on the Ewing name (as an organization).

Not only that, but the guy has legitimate talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzNrJRV4N8

Epic preseason debut two years ago.

Sucks though, we have that many forwards, then again....

D'Antoni does like to use versatile forwards in multiple positions.

He could have a crack at the roster. But Landry Fields is outplaying him.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Hopefully he makes the team .. but it's not looking so good for him. If rautins makes it ahead of him, then I would be pissed.

Paul1355

All Star
He should be on the team

how many think ewing jr should make the team this year
The only guys that are worth signing to a D league contract or to fill out the last spot are Patrick Ewing Jr., Powell, Jaycee Carrol, or Leo Lyons

Ewing Jr. has the best ahtleticism on the floor, can play good defense, prob has the most desire since his dad was here so he wants to prove to people that he has some talent like his father did.

AND MOST OF ALL getting Patrick Ewing Jr. is a great PR move. PEJ should have been on the team the year after he has some decent performances on a 10 day contract, unfortunetly he got hurt but if he stayed healthy he prob would've been on the team.

So we know he should be in the NBA...and Oakley and Patrick Ewing sr. have had some riffs with the Knicks organization for not hiring them a coaches so getting Ewing's son would help the Knicks look better and honestly he is an NBA bench player so why not?

DieHardPassion

Benchwarmer
To be honest I don't think he'll be signed by the Knicks to fill in that last roster spot. He played less than 5 minutes the last summer league game which exemplifies that they've given up on him. The most favorable candidates are Marcus Landry or Leo Lyons or Jaycee Carroll. I think it will be Landry just because he's been in the Knicks before.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
The game before last, Ewing went 5-6 from the field, in 13 minutes of playing time. In the last game, he only got five minutes of playing time and went 0-1. So... he's not really getting the time required for Knicks management to make a proper decision. I hope he gets to play for our pre-season squad. This is where it will become clear who just got lucky against lesser competition and who actually has game.

In any case, Patrick played well with Orlando. I think he has a chance to make that club, if he doesn't make the Knicks.

Fields is looking good, too. I want to see what he does in preseason. It's especially a pleasant surprise to see him do so well in comparison to Rautins, after he essentially got ignored by the media and even some of us, while Rautins got all the attention.

The Ewing name, back on our roster, would definitely be great for the team and the city. The kid can play, has proven it against NBA players: remember the '08 preseason? He reminds me of Igudola, in many ways. Hopefully, Donnie and Mike decide to give him a shot. It's a good business move, if nothing else.

As for the treatment of Ewing. Ewing has always gotten treated like crap by an ungrateful city. "Fans" mention the "finger roll" and forget all the game winners, countless ones, that he made, in the course of his career. Because the casual fan is often the biggest cynic, which is very ironic, since they're casual (they don't watch many ball games), he or she does not appreciate what Ewing did. Even his teammates: Sprewell, Houston, and Camby, claimed the Knicks to be better without Ewing. The years following his departure proved this to be complete BS.

The city needs to embrace Ewing now, when we have a chance to be great again, more than ever. I'm hopeful.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
The game before last, Ewing went 5-6 from the field, in 13 minutes of playing time. In the last game, he only got five minutes of playing time and went 0-1. So... he's not really getting the time required for Knicks management to make a proper decision. I hope he gets to play for our pre-season squad......

......As for the treatment of Ewing. Ewing has always gotten treated like crap by an ungrateful city. "Fans" mention the "finger roll" and forget all the game winners, countless ones, that he made, in the course of his career. Because the casual fan is often the biggest cynic, which is very ironic, since they're casual (they don't watch many ball games), he or she does not appreciate what Ewing did. Even his teammates: Sprewell, Houston, and Camby, claimed the Knicks to be better without Ewing. The years following his departure proved this to be complete BS....

Donnie and Mike D' already know, what PEJ is capable of, they just wanted to see, if he has recovered from the inhury last year. I think he'll make the preseason-squad.

For his dad: he got traded at the age of 38, with his career coming soon to an end.
We got good value back, even if it might have been the beginning of our misery. But Longley and Rice were solid players that time, and we even received four draftpicks.
Don't get me wrong, I really think Ewing should have finished his career in New York, but from a basketball-economical point of view, we had to trade him.