Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amar'e Stoudemire Unlikely To Play In Turkey WC

Thumbs up Amar'e Stoudemire Unlikely To Play In Turkey WC

By Chris Sheridan
    ESPN.com
    Archive

LAS VEGAS -- Amare Stoudemire's availability for Team USA was thrown into doubt Monday night after questions were raised over whether his contract with the New York Knicks could be insured to allow him to play in a FIBA competition, sources told ESPN.com.

The news was both a blow to Team USA and to the Knicks, who signed Stoudemire to a five-year, $99.8 million contract earlier this month.

Stoudemire underwent knee and eye surgeries while playing for the Phoenix Suns, but it was believed he was fully recovered from both conditions.

But the company that insures Knicks players' contracts communicated its doubts, and it now appears Stoudemire will be unavailable for Team USA at the World Championship in Turkey in late August and early September.

Further details on Stoudemire's status were expected to be disclosed Tuesday, when Team USA was scheduled to hold its first practice.

Stoudemire could not immediately be reached for comment.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna have to give this an enormous, reverberating

Thumbs up!

Injuries to $100M players are carcinogenic. This, simply put, lessens the chance of seeing our franchise player get ruined by some angry, European potato eater.

Totally fine with me...

Javale McGee has just been added to the squad. You'd assume it's to replace Stat in the front court. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    By Chris Sheridan
    ESPN.com
    Archive

LAS VEGAS -- Amare Stoudemire's availability for Team USA was thrown into doubt Monday night after questions were raised over whether his contract with the New York Knicks could be insured to allow him to play in a FIBA competition, sources told ESPN.com.

The news was both a blow to Team USA and to the Knicks, who signed Stoudemire to a five-year, $99.8 million contract earlier this month.

Stoudemire underwent knee and eye surgeries while playing for the Phoenix Suns, but it was believed he was fully recovered from both conditions.

But the company that insures Knicks players' contracts communicated its doubts, and it now appears Stoudemire will be unavailable for Team USA at the World Championship in Turkey in late August and early September.

Further details on Stoudemire's status were expected to be disclosed Tuesday, when Team USA was scheduled to hold its first practice.

Stoudemire could not immediately be reached for comment.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm gonna have to give this an enormous, reverberating

Thumbs up!

Injuries to $100M players are carcinogenic. This, simply put, lessens the chance of seeing our franchise player get ruined by some angry, European potato eater.
    Angry European potato eater?

What are you some African-American French FRIEEESSSS - FRIED CHICKEN EATER ????

Superstar

Don't need another Antonio McDyes situation. I dont htink there should be anyo pre season games for him either.. Just practice with the team... and IF he gets injured again, at least it will be during a game that counts. I think he can get well acclimated with his teamates during practice... im just a paranoid dude tho

I would have loved to have seen him play and being that Mike D is coaching it wouldve given them some time together plus it was shaping out to him being the leader on that squad which wouldve been nice for him to get practice in that....but the WC's wouldve given him a short summer and we need him fully ready to rock come training camp. Imagine how bad of a blow it wouldve been if he went down in The World Championships!

But this is still just a rumor, there is no official word as to if he is out or not.

Originally Posted by AlboKnickFan
    Angry European potato eater?

What are you some African-American French FRIEEESSSS - FRIED CHICKEN EATER ????

Congrats on making your last post ever on this site!!!!!!

Ignorance is it's own reward!

Originally Posted by New New York
    Congrats on making your last post ever on this site!!!!!!

Ignorance is it's own reward!
    O it is? and You are telling me what ignorance is?

What's wrong with eating potatoes? The potato saved Europe in the 1600s. Seriously. How do I know that?

Originally Posted by AlboKnickFan
    O it is? and You are telling me what ignorance is?

I have never heard of the term "potato eater" and am not sure if it is an insult to Europeans....but I do know calling someone an "African American fried chicken eater" is blatanly racist.

If Crazy offended you with the comment adress him directly but to insult a whole race of people off the strength of a comment of one person (especially since there is no way for sure that you know that he is indeed "African American") is the epitomy of IGNORANCE!

and please no more private messages pleading your case, that's just corny!

Banned

Good news indeed.

hahah no pre season games settle down

other than his eye nonsense the dude has been very durable since the knee injury, I think he played 82 games the following year.

pre season for this team is valuable on several levels and i dont think i need to explain why.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

im not really worried about his durability he's recovered well from the knee surgery and he's conditioned himself well and he got over it and he's stronger then ever he has a strong work ethic and thats what allowed him to make such a strong recovery. as far as the eye injury it was a freak accident and he now wears the goggles and that helps prevent it.

Originally Posted by New New York
    I have never heard of the term "potato eater" and am not sure if it is an insult to Europeans....but I do know calling someone an "African American fried chicken eater" is blatanly racist.

If Crazy offended you with the comment adress him directly but to insult a whole race of people off the strength of a comment of one person (especially since there is no way for sure that you know that he is indeed "African American") is the epitomy of IGNORANCE!

and please no more private messages pleading your case, that's just corny!
    Yo you didnt BAN me yet? I thought u were going too ?

What u gonna do with that though... Im going to open another account and use the forum again, more as a source of information about the NYK...

Default Im relieved

Very happy that Amare wont play with team USA, it wores out players and we need Amare 100% healthy and full of stamina, he is our franchise player right now...i like how the team is not letting him do this.

screw team USA they have enough talent to win the gold. We dont have enough talent without amare to make playoffs....the Knicks are paying him not USA.