Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come NOBODY has been talking about this?...

Trade Icon How come NOBODY has been talking about this?...

Guys through out this whole offseason we've heard about the Boshs, the Wades, the LeBrons, the Johnsons, the Gays, the Pauls, the Melos, the Jeffersons, the Ellis's, the Rindnours, the Allens, the Pierces, the Millers, (Brad and Mike)...But here here is one guy everyone has seem to forgotten:

Charlie Villanueva

Here's a hometown kid who is great at the PF/C and can bang down low with the best the NBA has to offer. Move over Shaq and Ben Wallace, Villanueva is the top dog in the paint. Quick thinking and some great footwork would fit great in Dan man's offense, plus the kid can play some D too. So what if we eat a "bad" contract? IMO a small price to pay to get a top 25 NBA player. Villanueva has superstar potential and would be a perfect fit in the media capital of the universe.

I say we trade Wil+ Gallo for Villa and a future 2nd (maybe we can squeeze out a protected first)

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

Projected Record (using NBA 2K10 simulations): 55-17
    Last edited by DuhonDaMVP; Jul 27, 2010 at 01:47.

Default Charlie

Charlie can take his talent to the toilet and flush it where it belongs and he better not forget to wash his hands afterwards either.

So not only do you want to trade for a bad, Al Harrington-esque player with a horrible contract, you want to give up two of our young building blocks for him. This is one of the most ill-conceived trade ideas of I've ever seen.

Look at his name.

haha!

what about amar'e for zach???

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

My mom used to tell me if I dont have anything smart to say keep my mouth shut.

Yo I heard Jerome James wants to make a comeback

Wow.... That is really all I can say wow.

Originally Posted by DuhonDaMVP
    Guys through out this whole offseason we've heard about the Boshs, the Wades, the LeBrons, the Johnsons, the Gays, the Pauls, the Melos, the Jeffersons, the Ellis's, the Rindnours, the Allens, the Pierces, the Millers, (Brad and Mike)...But here here is one guy everyone has seem to forgotten:

Charlie Villanueva

Here's a hometown kid who is great at the PF/C and can bang down low with the best the NBA has to offer. Move over Shaq and Ben Wallace, Villanueva is the top dog in the paint. Quick thinking and some great footwork would fit great in Dan man's offense, plus the kid can play some D too. So what if we eat a "bad" contract? IMO a small price to pay to get a top 25 NBA player. Villanueva has superstar potential and would be a perfect fit in the media capital of the universe.

I say we trade Wil+ Gallo for Villa and a future 2nd (maybe we can squeeze out a protected first)

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

It's obvious this person is very young if he is using a video game as a proof of concept but you guys can take it a little easy!!!! I used to think Villanueva was going to be one of these versatile bigs but he turned out to be soft/streaky and completely anemic on D. Detroit totally choked when they gave him that contract but he only got those numbers because he showed promise and many GMs had high expectations for him. Now, he is basically a role player/sub making big NBA $$$$$$$$

Yeah Charlie looked like he would be a premier PF when he came into the league. But he is a scrub now and probably forever. He is a streaky shooter and has poor defense. The type of guy that we've seen lots of in NY in recent years. If his contract reflected his skills then yes, I would take him on as I think he would get better in a fast paced offense. But no way can we give up flexibility for a guy like charlie.

Charlie Villanueva

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

ITs obvious that this guy is insane. His handle is DuhonDaMVP and he likes Charlie NoEyebrows.

Go for the trifecta, and you will be giving Mel Gibson a run for his money.

Oh wait, you did. You have Walker as a starting 2 guard....

SMH

Charlie Villanueva

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

Charlie Villanueva

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sX161ulHrSA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sX161ulHrSA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Charlie Villanueva

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

Is that the worst trade you can come up with? Is Eric Dampier stil around with his 33 million dollar contract? Maybe the Knicks can trade Galo, Chandler, 4 first round picks, and Eddie Curry's Pizza Rolls to take on Eric Dampier and his zillion dollar contract and a player to be named later.

Charlie Villanueva

Felton
    Walker
    (Melo?)
    Amar'e
    Villanueva

are you retarded? You're gunna give up 2 potential all stars for a dude leaving his prime and isn't even close to all star talent?!??!?!?