Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIELDS may be best pick of Draft!

Default FIELDS may be best pick of Draft!

Tommy Dee posted this on "theknicksblog.com"

For those of you that don’t get ESPN insider David Thorpe ranks his top 10 summer league performers. (via young hova)
    1-5 being Wall, Damion Jones, Cousins, Harangody, and Caracter followed by:6. Landry Fields, Knicks
    Summer-league stats: 15.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.6 spg
    Like Harangody, Fields does not yet look the part of an NBA player, but his game is spot-on for the Knicks’ style. He runs, shoots and finishes, and he has a great feel for the game overall. When considering talent plus fit, I think this may be the best overall draft selection of all 60 picks.
    I liked it at the time, and obviously still do. He’s NBA ready.

Yea I'm impressed too, and I remember flipping out when they drafted him (I admittedly didn't know much about him at the time) but I was yelling at my girlfriend and everything, lol.

Good to see that he looks as promising as he does, and with the additions of the bigs that we got, the pick is looking better and better by the day.

Good work Donnie .

Banned

this is the most insane thread i have seen on this sight by far,the best pick? okay he is impressive...FOR THE SUMMER LEAGUE this guy looks so out of shape but maybe its just me and he has zero skills he is riding on his high basketball IQ but watch 2 years from now landry fields will be forgotten but hey he may prove me wrong and stick it to the league.

Best pick or biggest surprise?

Banned

Originally Posted by shaolin
    Best pick or biggest surprise?
    exactly he may not be that bad but without a question not the best pick by 100 million miles.

Originally Posted by malik singletary
    exactly he may not be that bad but without a question not the best pick by 100 million miles.
    not true, best pick isnt the best player but the guy who is the most better than the average player picked at that pick. By that logic he has definitely looked like it in summer league. He might be a fluke, but hes alot better than anyof us expected.

Originally Posted by Danilo
    not true, best pick isnt the best player but the guy who is the most better than the average player picked at that pick. By that logic he has definitely looked like it in summer league. He might be a fluke, but hes alot better than anyof us expected.
    i think I know what you mean. Then you should state that. It's misleading.

Hey I hope the whole league holds this dude in such high regard that means he has high trade value!

He is a Matt Barnes/Trevor Ariza type....a nice role player who compliments a good team.....but that is about it!

In terms of team needs, every team needs an All Star calliber PG, so by that logic John Wall is the best pick!

2nd best would have to be Favors who is the perfect compliment to Brook Lopez on the frontline

Veteran

Oh really? Every team needs an all-star caliber PG? I wasn't aware Derek Fisher was an all-star caliber PG

That being said Fields is a great pick considering where we got him. We were considering taking Jarvis Varnado with that pick...more I learned about him, more I started to doubt it all...

Folks, the label "best pick" is used b/c of talent, fit for team and slot where taken.

Fields was the 60th selection... Hence his value.

Of course the #1 pick (Wall) is the better playter. BUt how many lottery picks are busts, and well compensated to do nada?

Fields was rated as a TOP TEN talent, according to Summer League play.

That's it.

Top-10 talent, taken with the 60th pick.... hence the "best pick" moniker.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    i think I know what you mean. Then you should state that. It's misleading.
    ha, well if i made the thread i would have....

Originally Posted by mafra
    Tommy Dee posted this on "theknicksblog.com"

For those of you that don’t get ESPN insider David Thorpe ranks his top 10 summer league performers. (via young hova)
    1-5 being Wall, Damion Jones, Cousins, Harangody, and Caracter followed by:6. Landry Fields, Knicks
    Summer-league stats: 15.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.6 spg
    Like Harangody, Fields does not yet look the part of an NBA player, but his game is spot-on for the Knicks’ style. He runs, shoots and finishes, and he has a great feel for the game overall. When considering talent plus fit, I think this may be the best overall draft selection of all 60 picks.
    I liked it at the time, and obviously still do. He’s NBA ready.
    not THE best pick, is he seriously considering Fields over John Wall? LMAO

the best 2nd round pick, possibly, even though I see guys like Lance Stephenson playing a big role in Indiana's weak roster, Terrico White on a Piston team with many needs, and watch the Heat picks(Varnado and Butler) being twice as good with the Big three helping out

Veteran

Yeah. If we had gotten Stephenson, imagine how good of trade bait he'd be for a team like NO if we wanted to trade Paul.

That'd give us three prime assets in Gallo, Randolph, and Stephenson - it'd make it so we could keep either Gallo or Randolph, in other words. There's no way Andy Rautins is ever going to reach that level of player, and he's not even valuable as a trade chip cause nobody wants him.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Folks, the label "best pick" is used b/c of talent, fit for team and slot where taken.

Fields was the 60th selection... Hence his value.

Of course the #1 pick (Wall) is the better playter. BUt how many lottery picks are busts, and well compensated to do nada?

Fields was rated as a TOP TEN talent, according to Summer League play.

That's it.

Top-10 talent, taken with the 60th pick.... hence the "best pick" moniker.
    This makes good sense. He certainly suprised me. I wasn't hurling when they drafted him and I didn't fall off my chair from excitement either. He could be a nice player for us.

Veteran

I gotta admit, I flipped out when I heard that they drafted Landry Fields...

He's managed to prove me wrong so far. Hopefully it continues.