Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FIELDS may be best pick of Draft!

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Oh really? Every team needs an all-star caliber PG? I wasn't aware Derek Fisher was an all-star caliber PG

That being said Fields is a great pick considering where we got him. We were considering taking Jarvis Varnado with that pick...more I learned about him, more I started to doubt it all...
    allow me to answer a question with a question....are you saying The Lakers that if The Lakers had a legit shot at getting Wall they wouldve passed on him because they have Fisher?

The PG position is the most important position in the NBA, so the team that gets that pick correct on Draft is more times then not going end up having the Best pick.

Veteran

Uh...no, I'm not saying that at all.

The Lakers don't need an all-star PG. If one is available in the draft, you take him because in the draft you always take the best player available.

Same reason why the Wizards drafted Wall even though they already had Gilbert Arenas manning the point - you take the best player available, period.

The Lakers would've taken John Wall if they had the first pick in the draft. That doesn't mean that they NEED a PG of Wall's caliber.

I'm confused by how you interpreted my statement. All I said is that teams don't necessarily NEED amazing point guards to succeed, and you took that as saying I was implying that the presence of Derek Fisher somehow means the Lakers would've passed on Wall (which is insane).

listening to walt he really likes him... looks like he could stick if given a spot and a chance... he's strong at the point of attack on both ends... kind of rare now days.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    not THE best pick, is he seriously considering Fields over John Wall? LMAO

the best 2nd round pick, possibly, even though I see guys like Lance Stephenson playing a big role in Indiana's weak roster, Terrico White on a Piston team with many needs, and watch the Heat picks(Varnado and Butler) being twice as good with the Big three helping out
    shows how much you know....

who the hell are varnado and butler? they are definitely not twice as good as fields

lol it's funny to look back at these posts. Fields is a great player and an amazing find in the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by Toons
    shows how much you know....

who the hell are varnado and butler? they are definitely not twice as good as fields

Is Lance Stephenson even on a roster anymore?

Last time I saw him was at the Garden when we played Indiana, he was n street clothes though.

Great prospect but has a habit of getting in trouble right?

Veteran

Yeah Walsh shoved it in our faces