Would you trade Randolph, Gallo and Douglas for CP3 and a player not named Okafor?

Would you trade Gallo, Randolph and Douglas for CP3 and a player other than Okafor?

• Yes, I would include Gallo and Randolph to get Chris Paul

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No, I would not. Chris Paul is not worth losing Gallo AND Randolph

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Personally, I would.

We still keep Curry's expiring contract and we would be able to sign Melo, potentially.

No.

No depth. Then you're not a better team than Miami, which is the objective and purpose of trading for Paul, no?

Paul/Felton
Azubuike/Walker
Chandler/Fields
Amar'e
Mozgav/Turiaf/Curry

Let alone the fact that New Orleans probably woulnd't do the deal.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Both of them? To hell with that. They are both young and salary wise ideal to built for the future.

I have not really seen Randolph enough to be able to pick him over Gallo so i can't really make up my mind which i want to be traded in case CP3 is available. But i would never include both.

Suss

Rookie
Yes, you would have to do it. We would be in prime position to get Carmelo if we made that deal. If you have Paul, Carmelo, and Amare on the same team you worry about depth later.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Thing is...Paul is under contract for two more years before he can opt out.

The reality of the matter is if the Hornets don't want to trade him he's not going anywhere. The only reason we pull the trigger on the CP3 trade is if we're convinced that another team has come up with a good offer. Frankly I don't see another team having the assets to pull a trade for him - he's not going to Portland, the Lakers don't have the assets really (and CP3 is NOT going to want to go play in the triangle as much as he listed as a preferred destination) and NO is not going to take back contracts like VC and Nelson, they need to shed salary.

If we take on Okafor's contract, we'd be able to get him by giving up Randolph.

But if the roster we create:

Paul
Fields
Gallinari
Amar'e
Mozgov

If they don't win a title, then we're screwed and have no flexibility

Paul1355

All Star
I love both Gallo and Randolph but Chris Paul is the best PG to pair with Amare and we would instantly be a title contender with a Paul/Amare combo.

Losing Gallo and Randolph makes Wilson Chandler and Bill Walker the best players around the two stars of paul and Amare so hopefully that would be enough to win it all.

Azabuke will be good eventually once he is healthy...I am confident that Mozgov will be a nice player, maybe better than nice and that Turiaf will be a good Center with Amare

Of Course if we can keep Gallo/ Randolph or both, that would be ideal

Eating up Okafor's contract would only happen if we can keep Gallo or Randolph, preferably Gallo if we are getting another big man.

Paul
Chandler
Gallo
Amare
Okafor

That can go deep in the playoffs and that team would def convince Carmelo to come here...but we would lose Curry's contract.

I dont see how we can get both Melo and Paul without losing Gallo or Randolph.

Atleast if got Paul then Felton would be a nice trade chip to replace any need.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Personally I wouldn`t do that deal.

Giving up Randolph, Gallo and Douglas means you are giving up three talented young players who could be the core of the Knicks future for many years.

If we give them up, sign Paul then get Mello then we end up in the exact same position as Miami: Three superstars and very little else.

Getting Paul would be great but I don`t think that we should give up our young,talented and improving players.

If we can get Paul by giving up one then reluctantly I would give up Gallo. I think that Randolph could be one hell of a player and although I like Gallo I believe that Randolph could turn out to be a better player.

If we get Paul then Carmelo can kiss out rear...but we have a much better chance at landing melo than we did with James.

And btw, your video is very good

Thanks. The last sentence in it says it all.

But gutting the team of the majority of its young talent for CP is a plan that is very dependant on signing Melo. I agree that the Knicks do have a good chance at Melo, but you need to expect the worst in these kind of situations.

Say Melo signs that extension, and we've dealt those three to New Orleans. You're left with CP and Amar'e, then a lot of average players.

I just can't bring myself to deal with average after all these years of mediocrity.

You trade for Chris Paul for one reason, and that's to be an elite NBA team. I just don't know if the above team is an elite one.

Paul1355

All Star
Thanks. The last sentence in it says it all.

But gutting the team of the majority of its young talent for CP is a plan that is very dependant on signing Melo. I agree that the Knicks do have a good chance at Melo, but you need to expect the worst in these kind of situations.

Say Melo signs that extension, and we've dealt those three to New Orleans. You're left with CP and Amar'e, then a lot of average players.

I just can't bring myself to deal with average after all these years of mediocrity.

You trade for Chris Paul for one reason, and that's to be an elite NBA team. I just don't know if the above team is an elite one.
Lets say we lost out on Gallo and Randolph....

Paul
Walker
Chandler
Amare
Turiaf

Paul will isntantly make Amare the best PF in basketball, will drastically improve Walker and Chandler's game which we know has a lot of potential and our bench of Felton, Mozgov, Azabuke, Fields is not that bad...we will be better team.

The question is would you trade Gallo and Randolph for CP3, while keeping Curry's contract for Melo?

eventually you'll have the big three that could beat the Heat.

I personally said yes because I believe when healthy, Chris Paul is the best PG in the entire league. If we traded Randolph and Gallo though it takes a huge hit to our roster having our 2 rising stars gone, but bringing in an absolute star who will make Stoudemire look so much better.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
can't be included in a trade until dec.

I thought that he can't be reacquired by Golden State in a trade until December. Players we outright sign as FAs can't be traded until December.

That being said, I'm firmly against trading him anyway, until we establish that he's not going to be a part of our core going forward. If he shows signs of consistent brilliance he should be going anywhere, same goes for Gallo. You don't see OKC trying to offload Harden and Ibaka, why should we part ways with our young talent?

Build with them, draft smartly and put some pieces around them via FA if they show that they can be "the guys" going forward.

jpz17

Starter
Thing is...Paul is under contract for two more years before he can opt out.

The reality of the matter is if the Hornets don't want to trade him he's not going anywhere. The only reason we pull the trigger on the CP3 trade is if we're convinced that another team has come up with a good offer. Frankly I don't see another team having the assets to pull a trade for him - he's not going to Portland, the Lakers don't have the assets really (and CP3 is NOT going to want to go play in the triangle as much as he listed as a preferred destination) and NO is not going to take back contracts like VC and Nelson, they need to shed salary.

If we take on Okafor's contract, we'd be able to get him by giving up Randolph.

But if the roster we create:

Paul
Fields
Gallinari
Amar'e
Mozgov

If they don't win a title, then we're screwed and have no flexibility

they won't deal him until mid next season I believe. They will make more money that way

dre48ny

Rotation player
The reason i say yes is because they get to keep curry's expiring contract which is a great trading chip or simply let it expire. You add curry's, gallo's and randolph's contract thats close to another max player.
True they might get burnt by Melo, but 2011 guys like Horford, Yao, Marc Gasol, are available to compliment STAT.
Add one of these to CP3 and stat and u have a legitimate trio. Yao being the riskiest.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
Personally, I would.

We still keep Curry's expiring contract and we would be able to sign Melo, potentially.

Potentially!! Lol thats funny.. You wanna bank on that? Nah I'm not gonna give up almost all of the future of the team for CP3 unless I no for sure my back up plan is gonna work and i'm gonna have good players at evry postion!

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Potentially!! Lol thats funny.. You wanna bank on that? Nah I'm not gonna give up almost all of the future of the team for CP3 unless I no for sure my back up plan is gonna work and i'm gonna have good players at evry postion!

LOL! Naw man, I am not going to bank on that. Just saying that if you have an opportunity to get a player like Melo in addition to CP3 and Amare, why not? I understand that LBJ burnt us, but you cannot be gun shy or that experience should not make the Knicks' front office scared to take risks.

There will obviously be a backup plan. I just don't see the Hornets agreeing to a deal unless Randolph AND Gallo are included. At the very least one of the two plus Chandler and Douglas (since we can't trade Felton until Dec 15), and probably another player or draft pick(s).

Being realistic, our team is NOT going to compete. We need to do better.