Magic Take Top Spot on Paul's Wish List!!!

shaolin

Benchwarmer
It could very well be true. But you should expect this. The media is notorious for pulling stunts. They always change their reports numerous times.

Im not buying this, of course Orlando would be a good destiation because they will be in the Top 2 of the EC, but Paul did say at Melo's wedding that they should go to the Knicks and stop Miami. I still think NY is up there:gony:

Lol so according to Broussard, Thursday Paul wakes up and wants to be a Knick. Then the next day he says to himself "Wait, I wanna go to Orlando!!"

We played this game once. Broussard is a piece of shit.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Lol so according to Broussard, Thursday Paul wakes up and wants to be a Knick. Then the next day he says to himself "Wait, I wanna go to Orlando!!"

Exactly! Been there, done that! This is exactly why I am not falling for this "bait and switch" -like tactic that car dealers use. The truth (a good deal of it anyway) comes out eventually.

Asimov

Benchwarmer
lol no ones coming here unless you draft them. Keep your picks

we need to learn from the Marbury mistake

miked1958

Rotation player
Wait>>> You Didnt Here?

ESPN is having a 1 hour Special on Monday night featuring Chris Paul.
Its called "THE TRADE".

LOL

Blumatic

Rotation player
For the NBA it would be better if Paul went to the Magic.

Carmelo needs to be here.

We dont need 3 to beat the the Heat. Just 2.

knicksin60

Starter
This is direct confirmation that Chris Paul definitely isn't coming to the Knicks and is only using them in order to get traded to a contender.Paul knows that if he were traded to the Knicks they still wouldn't be better than the Heat and the Lakers so he is trying his best to get traded to a team like the Magic who are already contenders without him.Let's face it, there aren't many superstars that want to play for a team like the Knicks who are owned by a terrible owner and have a horrendous track record.The only thing that will attract future superstars to come to the Knicks is winning; not the lure of the city that they play in, not an olymipic coach and not money.The Knicks could have all the cap space and a lot of trade assets but if they continue to fall at the bottom of the NBA standings they will be an undesirable team to play for.Would you want to play for a team that has been recently known to possess players such as Clarence Weatherspoon,Vin Baker, Jerome James, Jerome Williams, Maurice Taylor and Eddy Curry and have suffered 9 straight seasons under five hundred? Or would you rather play for a powerhouse that has recently made the NBA finals and is already a top seeded team? I think Chris Paul would be more satisfied with a team that he knows is a lock to make the Eastern Conference finals.

Last edited:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
This is direct confirmation that Chris Paul definitely isn't coming to the Knicks and is only using them in order to get traded to a contender.Paul knows that if he were traded to the Knicks they still wouldn't be better than the Heat and the Lakers so he is trying his best to get traded to a team like the Magic who are already contenders without him.Let's face it, there aren't many superstars that want to play for a team like the Knicks who are owned by a terrible owner and have a horrendous track record.The only thing that will attract future superstars to come to the Knicks is winning; not the lure of the city that they play in, not an olymipic coach and not money.The Knicks could have all the cap space and a lot of trade assets but if they continue to fall at the bottom of the NBA standings they will be an undesirable team to play for.Would you want to play for a team that has been recently known to possess players such as Clarence Weatherspoon,Vin Baker, Jerome James, Jerome Williams, Maurice Taylor and Eddy Curry and have suffered 9 straight seasons under five hundred? Or would you rather play for a powerhouse that has recently made the NBA finals and is already a top seeded team? I think Chris Paul would be more satisfied with a team that he knows is a lock to make the Eastern Conference finals.

Damn son, well said!

Moz106

Benchwarmer

I beg to differ bro....If this was the case teams like orlando would still be bottom feeder teams in the league....the players that makes the team better, so if paul comes to us obviously we're gonna be an elite team, that nonese about weak team is insane......

knicksin60

Starter
I beg to differ bro....If this was the case teams like orlando would still be bottom feeder teams in the league....the players that makes the team better, so if paul comes to us obviously we're gonna be an elite team, that nonese about weak team is insane......

So you don't believe that winning attracts players? I know Paul would make the Knicks a top seeded team but the Knicks still have a lot to prove in comparison to the Magic.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
Sarcastic News Flash: Orlando isn't taking back Okafor's contract. IF NO eventually gives in and decides to trade CP3, Orlando doesn't seem all that interested. Did anyone read Stan Van Gundy's comments on the matter. He basically scoffed at the notion of a trade for Paul. The bottom line with Orland is, they were a 58 win team last year with a very good Point guard. Point guard play simply isn't an area of concern for them. Their biggest need, by far, is another player who can create his own shot in the 4th quarter. They basically need a SG/SF who can provide in big moments what Vince Carter was supposed to provide for them last year in the playoffs. Their biggest mistake was getting rid of Hedo because he was a guy that could run a pick and roll and get to the basket in the 4th quarter. When you are a 58 win team that has gone to the NBA Finals and Eastern Conference finals in the past two seasons, you really don't need major changes, you need small ones. Conclusion: Orlando is not breaking up their team for Chris Paul.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Sarcastic News Flash: Orlando isn't taking back Okafor's contract. IF NO eventually gives in and decides to trade CP3, Orlando doesn't seem all that interested. Did anyone read Stan Van Gundy's comments on the matter. He basically scoffed at the notion of a trade for Paul. The bottom line with Orland is, they were a 58 win team last year with a very good Point guard. Point guard play simply isn't an area of concern for them. Their biggest need, by far, is another player who can create his own shot in the 4th quarter. They basically need a SG/SF who can provide in big moments what Vince Carter was supposed to provide for them last year in the playoffs. Their biggest mistake was getting rid of Hedo because he was a guy that could run a pick and roll and get to the basket in the 4th quarter. When you are a 58 win team that has gone to the NBA Finals and Eastern Conference finals in the past two seasons, you really don't need major changes, you need small ones. Conclusion: Orlando is not breaking up their team for Chris Paul.

Agree 100%