What kind of reception will James and co get @ Garden?

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I'm really liking the direction this years Knicks are headed in, I feel confident in saying that we can get the spirit of the 90's back in the Garden, for those younger Knick fans...back when it sounded like this: :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0RwVBgIfew

Now this little trio of f**ks down in Miami have snubbed the great city of New York. We all know Lebron James got a standing ovation at the "mecca" (as James himself puts it) last year. I'm hoping and praying to God such a scene will never unfold again. I really want to see some pride this year from the team and hopefully our fans, our true fans like in the above video will come out to see us again. I hope, Lebron, Wade and Bosh and their sidekicks get rained on with the holiest almighty of boos every time they are on the ball and let the Garden be our real 6th man. A longshot maybe but one can dream....

knicksin60

Starter
I don't think Knick fans should cheer or boo Lebron.The reason why I feel Knick fans shouldn't boo him is because he really doesn't owe us anything.He simply flirted with the idea of playing for the Knicks because he knew that the media would make a huge story of it.The biggest mistake that Knick fans commited in all of this was involving themselves in the hype.They wasted 2 years believing that some how Lebron was going to ditch Cleveland just because he saw something in the Knicks that he couldn't find in the Cavs and every other NBA team.It was always a long shot and a pipe dream.And for Knick fans to boo Lebron James at MSG will just make them seem bitter and unhappy with the players that the Knicks will be having next season.If they decide to boo Lebron they might as well boo Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Travis Outlaw and every free agent that didn't sign with them.Knick fans just need to move on and be mature about this.

And I really don't understand the whole booing opposing players act.Knick fans use to boo Michael Jordan and it never stopped him from scoring 50 points on the Knicks.There are many players that are motivated by fans booing them.Booing seems to have a more negative affect when it's being done to players by their home fans.

Last edited:

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I don't think Knick fans should cheer or boo Lebron.The reason why I feel Knick fans shouldn't boo him is because he really doesn't owe us anything.He simply flirted with the idea of playing for the Knicks because he knew that the media would make a huge story of it.The biggest mistake that Knick fans commited in all of this was involving themselves in the hype.They wasted 2 years believing that some how Lebron was going to ditch Cleveland just because he saw something in the Knicks that he couldn't find in the Cavs and every other NBA team.It was always a long shot and a pipe dream.And for Knick fans to boo Lebron James at MSG will just make them seem bitter and unhappy with the players that the Knicks will be having next season.If they decide to boo Lebron they might as well boo Joe Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Travis Outlaw and every free agent that didn't sign with them.Knick fans just need to move on and be mature about this.

And I really don't understand the whole booing opposing players act.Knick fans use to boo Michael Jordan and it never stopped him from scoring 50 points on the Knicks.There are many players that are motivated by fans booing them.Booing seems to have a more negative affect when it's being done to players by their home fans.

i really really appreciate this post, this is the other side of the coin I don't see when i flip for the Knicks. However i think all 3 of these guys took a soft option when they all had a chance to go elsewhere, especialy Lebron James, he had a chance to give a new city some real excitement and turn around a franchise that represents the biggest city in the world that is the big apple but whose last 10 years have been extremely rotten to the core. To explain my perspective, I am not one for negativity in most circumstances, but in this circumstance I feel like our team, the media, the NBA, its commisioner and the fans in general have been raped by this little pact these 3 have made (God knows when and where under what circumstances too...), what it means now and in the future can have very detrimental effects I believe. In any way, I'll continue to hope and pray my Knicks can be a force.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Much the same as 60 I think it sends a stronger message not to boo. Let everyone else boo, one of the reasons I love being a Knicks fan is because we arn't like other fans.

My personal feelings on LeBron are like most that he sold out, but that's his choice and one he will have to deal with in the future when it dawns on him he's in DWade's town and he's the King there. In a strange way there is an inherent nobility in not having to be the King but it is a bit sickening when all you've had rammed down your throat is that premiss from the man himself.

Your choice LeBron, you'll never be bigger than New York and we shouldn't boo and act like you are.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I dunno about the rest of ya'll but I'm booing the shit outta anyone that's not wearing a Knicks jersey (except for Lee when he's first introduced.) I get what you guys are saying, but it has less to do with somehow believing that a player not wearing a Knicks jersey is bigger than the city or the league, and more to do with the fact that he's not wearing a Knicks jersey.

Not gonna get all philosophical and over think things like when I'm standing up and cheering/booing at the Garden, in the back of my mind I'll be thinking, "I should stop booing because LBJ isn't bigger than NYC."

Scribbles

Rotation player
They'll get booed but nothing like the treatment they'll get in Cleveland.

Spike said "He's gonna get it worse than Reggie"

:teeth: I HIGHLY doubt that.

Reggie will always be a villain in NY for his smack talk. Even Jordan used to talk smack. LeBron doesn't really do that kind of thing - he's actually the opposite, hence why he's not really considered in that category.

I just want some good hardnosed basketball out of all this ****ery.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
OMG is he gonna get booed. Spike is right. He will get it really, really bad. No more cheering and ooo's and ahhh's when he does some spectacular either. Thank God!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Better, yet, we should all chant "Scottie Pippen!" every single time LeBron has the ball

That's interesting. He is like Pippen, in that Pippen did join Barkley and Olajuwon in Houston, another bitch move. Ty for making that connection.

Last edited:

Blumatic

Rotation player
Better, yet, we should all chant "Scottie Pippen!" every single time LeBron has the ball

That is the greatest idea in the world. Ofcourse he'll tun in around and say "Pippen is one of the 50 greatest players...so Thank you"

People dont go to games to be polite. They go to get out frustration. Knicks fans are like all other fans. The only difference is that we are very knowledgeable and passionate. The only reason why Kobe got a staning ovation when he dropped 61 on us was because the fans knew we weren't relevant and we were probably lose that game. So fans enjoyed watching greatness. But Jordan dropped 50's on us all the time and we were a championship contending team we were not going to cheer him.

If we somehow are competing for a top 4 seed and Durant puts 65 on us, we will not be cheering.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

Agreed.

Only thing sadder would be if Chicago booed him.

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I hope lebron and the rest of the heat get shitted on when they go to nyc! I wanna see amare punch somebody. Push somebody, I wanna see james and wade get knocked to the floor going to the rim. Aint gonna happen though.

By the way Amare seems like hes the type of dude that would snuff someone out and my money goes in his corner on that one!

nykway24

Rookie
lol as much as i love my fellow knick fans, i really don't think dead silence is a possibility, just because it is new york. we're rude by nature. it happens. when dwayne wade and his two lap dogs come to the garden i'm expecting a mixed reaction of boos, cheers from the stupid ass fair weather fans that invade the garden every night, and a shit loud of creative chants directed at lebron himself.

What i don't understand is how the hell is this guy gonna call himself the king when his mom is banging all the jesters she sees in his castle?

It wouldn't bother me at all. I'll cheer all the good plays and boo all the bad ones...no matter what team they're on. I'm not that type of dude to boo individuals unless they did something like Kill their moms and smack some children.

The big 3 in Miami did what they felt was good for them, they took care of their biz, I respect business men. I'm not going to boo him/them because they are all together and didn't come here. That's some bitchass ness. It's just a game and to take it further than that will have me thinking that some of these fans actually have no life.

I Boo teams that play poorly... wheather they are home or vistitors.

They get paid to perform great and to take the weight of critism when ever they are sucking....sweet gig imo.