Just get me Crawford and Swift!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
i like crawford as well and i think hes going to be a special player one day but personally i would much rather see Quentin Richardson in a Knick uniform next season......i just think him and steph would be crazy

I LOVE THIS GUY! I agree 100%. Watching Q play with Marbury would be fantastic. We'd have by far the most physical backcourt. Q has it all but I think Isiah likes Crawford more because he also plays the point position ( of which I think Q also can play ). Having Crawford on the floor with Marbury is Isiah modern rendition of Detroit Pistons when he and Dumars baffled defenses and won CHAMPIONSHIPS.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Crawford, Swift, and Richardson are all nasty Basketball players. To see any of them play along side of Marbury would be sick. I like them all. It's a tough call to make if you could only choose one of them, but the Knicks most likely will be able to choose only one of them. Whats the contract situation with Richardson? Anyone know? Crawford and Swift I know are restricted free agents.

right now we just betta hope we something...i think the reason that IT is going after Walker is that its looking pretty grim as far as getting one of the upper elite power forwards but if he does it'll definately be an upgrade....i would love to see him swing something where he would then somehow manage away to get Quentin in here even if its by some sort of 3way trade...giving away draft picks whatever the case may be .....but i hope he pulls something off....lets pray

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I think you guys are right! No one wants to help the Big Bad Apple improve. They won't sign and trade what we crave. That's the problem and we have ridiculous contracts. I was shocked when the Knicks initially signed Houston over Sprewell, signed him to that ridiculous $100 million dollar contract and traded Sprewell instead of trying to deal him.

Hopefully Nike, Coke and the other big company can get us on a playing level field with Crawford and Swift.

JJtheKnick

Starter
houston is better than sprewell when hes healthy. but 100 mill was for houston is to much. we can get good players for that money like kobe or even shaq.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
The Chicago Bulls virtually drafted two guards. That makes Jamal Crawford expendable. The Knicks have a great chance in signing him. Stromile Swift is proposed in a deal with the Nets' Kenyon Martin. Let's not let them get him. These trades all check out numbers wise:

Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney
next years 1st round
for
Jamal Crawford and Tyson Chandler

and
Nazr Mohammad nd Frank Williams
for
Stromile Swift

With these trades we'd fill the need at shooting guard, power forward and :hump: center.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Looks like it's a 50/50 chance we'll land Jamal Crawford for the six-year $38 million contract. A Stromile Swift signing will be more difficult.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I don't think the 5 million salary cap exception going to be enough to bring neither crawford or swift to the Knicks. If anything its going to be a sign and trade involving kurt thomas and/or harrington and mutombo.
But then again keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
We're probably going to be forced to move Sweetney, Williams and KT. I also believe Isiah is trying to part was with Tim Thomas as well as our expiring contracts to get a SG and some size. Possible acquistions are:

Memhet Okur
Quentin Richarson
Jamal Crawford
Stromile Swift
Tyson Chandler
Eric Dampier

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Tuesday November 05th, 2002
© Crawford and Fizer May Be Moved Soon
By Victor Bellan
The word is Jamal Crawford and Marcus Fizer could be "packing their bags soon". The two could be packaged in a deal for a defensive small forward. Although he is not known for his defense, one player that is being thrown around is Milwaukee Bucks Forward Tim Thomas. Last season Thomas averaged 11.7 ppg and 4.1 rbs. This season, as a starter, he is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 rebounds. Along with 2 steals and 1.3 blocks per game. More as it comes.
Comment: Updated: Wednesday November 06th, 2002 A trade could be made at anytime, however, it is more likely something will occur at the deadline. This is not suprising considering Jerry Krause always waits until the last minute to pull the trigger on a trade.

This was once close to happing two years ago involving Jamal Crawford and Tim Thomas. I think the Knicks have a great chance of signing him. Bulls now have too many guards and are looking to add Eddie Jones.

JJtheKnick

Starter
the knicks should only foucs on him because every one eles is a long shot. shaq is two much $, kobe probably wont come here.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Dude, how many 24 year olds you know that scored 50 points in a game? He is better than anything the knicks have aside from Marbury.

ok ok ok look houston is gonna be the shit again, never did i hear a complainnt about him before this season( disregard his contract), he is a former all star and once hes healthy again he'll be the shit. He is NOT injury prone, dont say that, its one injury, when did he miss games before because of another injury?

SG: Houston; Penny
PG: this new guy, i hear he's good, his name's starbury or farbury or something...; FW
SF: Crawford ( yea you heard me, 3 guards taht can all shoot incredibly, screw the mavs or the kings...THIS is the real offensive powerhouse); TT
PF: Swift; Sweetney
C: Nazr (we have to settle somewhere); Doleac (yea offense again)
Other Reserves: Dermarr, Shandon (nobody is gonna take him), Baker

Crawford with full(37mil i think?) MLE
Doleac with LLE
Swift with KT and haringoton or Mutumbo
We still have the other cheap contract, harrington or mutumbo to trade this way. Given this is not a championship team, its sets up for a reat 06 season, with a strong core and good role players. We are jsut missing a frotn court which we cna make next summer. It takes time people, be patient but it's gonna be our turn to have a parade soon =D

ok i know its weird arguing with myself, but i thought it over:

with a backcourt liek that(all 3 members of it) we need strictly rebounding from our frontcourt, Sweetney can stay as a reserve PF, Stromile Swift is a great player, but i dont think he emphasizes on rebounding enough. In this setup i have, we need front court rebounding (what imalluding to is the other common setup people have for the future of the knicks, which is a swingman to compliment marbury). Can ne1 else imagine S&T for dampier, a package that can include KT harrington and mutumbo.

ARKATECH

Rookie
Crawford and swift would be cool if we could shed kurt thomas and some of our other excess big men, like harrington, and trybanski. Also noris could go too we already have two great PG's. Harrington and trybanski have attractive contracts (entering last year) and thomas and noris have proven skills that some teams might find valuable.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I could see a sign and trade with Crawford, possibly Frank Williams. This way the Knicks still have the MLE to offer a big man up front.