Just get me Crawford and Swift!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
You're absolutely right! Look my whole take on the Dampier thing is, why get him for O'Neal when no one man can stop O'Neal you need a group of centers to come in and out. Look, Duncan doesn't guard O'Neal when they play. My point is get some bodies out there. Mohammad and Baker are fine. We just need to add one more formidable body. We need to be able to out run and hussle hime. That's why getting Crawford and Swift is the way to go. No one can guard O'Neal the key is to out hussle him and throw fresh bodies out on the floor to bang heads with him. I think Isiah using poor judgement. :rolling:

I agree. Dampier can not stop Shaq. I think NY missed the boat in not getting Doleac back. He comes relativily cheap for a big man, and had a connection playing the pick and role with Marbury before he was traded last year. Miami signed him for 3years/12million. To me, thats money better spent than Dampier for 7years/75million. Dont get me wrong, Dampier is superior to Doleac, but in 3-4 years he will not be close to worth his contract, and in this NBA day of fiscal responsibility, it sets the franchise back in the long term. Now Miami has Shaq and a quality backup. I dont think we should give up on Nazr, but try to add another descent big man to bang on Shaq and use 6 fouls/game.
I hope Dampier does not come to NY, not because I dont think he could help us immediately, but because he will cost us WAY TOO MUCH long term for a guy who is injury prone, and finally had a good season last year(contract year). Let the Pacers or Grizzlies over pay for him. I read the Grizzlies are thinking of trading Swift for Dampier. I think that would be stupid for them.

David

JJtheKnick

Starter
I agree. Dampier can not stop Shaq. I think NY missed the boat in not getting Doleac back.

doleac cant stop shaq ether. dampier would have imporved our low post presents but dampier is old news now.

JJtheKnick

Starter
JJtheKnick wrote:
Quote:
I agree. Dampier can not stop Shaq. I think NY missed the boat in not getting Doleac back.

low post presents

Sorry, did you mean presence, or did you mean presents as in the type of gift?

i meant to say to presence. my madd its an honest mistake

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Bottom line is that we need to focus on beating the Pistons rather than the Heat. this would get it done:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford/Houston
SF T. Thomas/Hardaway
PG Swift/Sweetney
C Mohammad/Baker

JJtheKnick

Starter
Bottom line is that we need to focus on beating the Pistons rather than the Heat. this would get it done:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford/Houston
SF T. Thomas/Hardaway
PG Swift/Sweetney
C Mohammad/Baker

thats not a bad line up at all. but the center postion, i wouldent feel comfortable with those two guys as our centers. we need to get a reliyable center

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
that line up would be a running line up, open court style team. We wouldn't need a dominant center. I think trading Kurt Thomas for Stromile Swift will get that deal done. Swift would be an upgrade because he compliments Marbury much better that KT. Swift is a better rebounder and shot blocker. He is a Kenyon Martin clone. Trust me!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
if that dela goes through dampier is out of the pic due to swifts contract unless we deal them more ny garbadge which i doubt theyll take

regardless i think is a better starting lineup

marbury, houston, crawford, sweetney, dampier is better then

PG Stephan Marbury
SG Jamal Crawford
SF Tim Thomas
PF Stromile Swift
C Nazr Mohammad

nycefnl

Benchwarmer

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
I think Dampier and Crawford would be a better fit. Plus, the Grizz will probably try to work a sign and trade involving Swift and one of their many guards to some team that has a decent center.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
The wire is virtually non-existent with Swift. I just think he'd be a safe acquistion along with Crawford.