Just get me Crawford and Swift!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
No way they take Frank Williams. Remember they still have Jason Williams. I believe they'll take a Tim Thomas and a Kurt Thomas to fill their needs at PF and SF. In return we'll take JC and two of their bad contracts.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Lets face it, its no secret that Frank Williams wants to play in Chicago. This almost happened before by the Knicks during during last season. No question that the Bulls want Thomas.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
It's now mentioned that Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas are possibly on their way to Chicago for JC and all their bad contracts. Let's do it!

kevin

Benchwarmer
nycefnl said:
It's now mentioned that Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas are possibly on their way to Chicago for JC and all their bad contracts. Let's do it!

Whered you here this from?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
That quote from the paper about the the trade involving anderson, kurt and frank williams doesn't sound half bad. I think it would be a holiday in New York if we got rid of Anderson. Would suck to lose Kurt and Frank but getting Crawford which can play both point and shooting guard is a plus. I was looking at that bad contract Chicago has with Eddie Robinson and the kid looks pretty decent. Young and athletic, his number might not be so great but you gotta factor in that he was only averaging 20 minutes per game. I'm not too crazy about Jerome Williams though.

ARKATECH

Rookie
Looks like crawford might be a knick, maybe even as soon as this week. Along with eddie robinson, it's a great potential move for NY, espicaly if we get rid of anderson in the process. We get a young, high calibar, gaurd and a young, athletic power foward for kurt thomas and a few non core members of our team. Even though this is good news i'm still hopeing sheed picks NY as his new home even though that's probably not gonna happen. Also i'm intersted in what happens to mcdyess and swift i wouldn't mind seeing mcdyess back, or swift in a knicks uniform, especialy now that more of the big men that the knicks were able to get are now taken. ( martin aint commin to the knicks even though he's available ......... not gonna happen).

WiL8000

Rotation player
If the Knicks would get Jerome Williams in this deal, I would say no way, he makes too much dough for what he can do. Robinson, I could live with, I've seen him play and he didn't look bad. I had a feeling that the Knicks would throw Frank Williams's name into a potential sign and trade with Chicago.

i think the crawford trade is great 4 the knicks bcause they're getting 2 good young players in crawford and robinson and crawford can play both guard positions but i definately wouldn't wanna trade kurt thomas if they could work out a better deal i mean the guy is getting better every year but if the knicks could unload shandon andersen then isiah thomas would b considered a god in my book that guy is a waste

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Every one of you guys are making valid points. I think Isiah is trying to keep Kurt Thomas out of the deal so that he can use him to land a center or PF. With Crawford here Frank Williams isn't needed, so look for him to go. Houston probably isn't going anywhere, he's scheduled to make close to $20 million a year for the next 3 years. That's simply outrageous. If we retain Kurt Thomas following a Crawford deal, look for Stromile Swift to be pursued because of Isiah inability to work a deal for Indiana's Bender, Harrington and Artest and Swift's so far under-the-radar ability.

WiL8000

Rotation player
SIZE!!! If the Knicks get rid of Thomas, they have to get someone who is at least his same size. From what I've read today, it doesn't look like Thomas would be part of this trade anyway. :lol:

newmove

Rotation player
I think Thomas fits the team perfectly. If there is the guy whom I'd trade Thomas for then it's C-Webb.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Reports were that Isiah was looking to land Stromile Swift before the trading deadline. Now with reports that Zydrunas Ilgauskas being offered for Kurt Thomas, I think the knicks must pull the trigger on that trade. He will be a must now with Shaq in the conference. Ilgauskas or Swift is just find, or both :hump:

newmove

Rotation player
That's a great news! The Stromile ones, not Zydrunas... If we could get Stro-show and Rasheed we would become undefeatable!
What's Swif's gonna cost? How much did he have on Mem? And what about the Ilgauskas?

vince

Rookie
just wanna say one thing about crawford. look at his FG% in career: 39% (38.5% this season). I don't say that he's a bad player, I really like him but I'm not sure that it's a terrific move... a good move for sure but that's all.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
If we get Crawford, Swift, Ilgauskas I will cry tears of joy. A starting line up of:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Tim Thomas
PF Swift
C Ilgauskas

This line up would make us the favorite to challenge Detroit! We would match up so well against them. Chances of landing Swift are good because Memphis signed Brian Cardinal to the full MLE. So we may be able to get him with the MLE or with a sign and trade.

Jhad66

Rookie
We need him

If we get JC and the other Bulls players, we should give up Frank and Harrington, and Anderson because they suck. If we get JC we can run a 3 guard set, move Tim to his old position PF and give Kurt and Trabanski up for Ulgolskis. The PG, SG, SF, and PF can shoot the ball. Tim can shoot the three, score inside, and grab bourds. Ulgolskis is a big man we need rite in the middle grabbing boards, blocking shots, and scoreing. Starbury, Crawford, and Houston can put up 60pts per game. Tim and Ulgolskis can put uo 30. The rest can put up 20.

Da Starters

Starbury 6'2
Crawford 6'5
Houston 6'6
Thomas 6'10
Ulgolskis 7'3

newmove

Rotation player
nycefnl said:
If we get Crawford, Swift, Ilgauskas I will cry tears of joy. A starting line up of:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Tim Thomas
PF Swift
C Ilgauskas
...and if we could get Rasheed it would get us past Detroit!
If it would happen I'll go to church to thank God for that wpnderfull gift! It would be the best thing ever!