Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just get me Crawford and Swift!

Bottom line, if Sweetney was in top form, he would be able to showcase his talent in a way no one could have predicted. He should not be involved in a trade for Crawford or Swift. I'd like for the Knicks to get them (Crawford and Swift), but not at the cost of losing Sweetney.
    You're insane! Think from a GM perspective. You paying a guy who's a rookie millions of dollars to play a professional sport and he comes in 30 pounds over weight. And now you expect him to get in sphe when he's told to do so AND sustain that weight? And hello, have you seen A. Houston's old clips. A.H. is definately over-weight. Great players will at the least begin their career, before the big contract in great shape. If we don't trade the twinkie-boy now we'll lose out on getting something for him.

sweetney is that kind of player that will take a couple of years until we see what he can really do. remember he is still a rookie

Hey nycefnl, then why do the Knicks have a training staff? They should fire them and save the $$$... You act like 30lbs is an impossible weight to lose and keep off. I would agree with you if Sweetney was alot heavier than that. But we need youth on this team to back up the older guys when their wheels run thin. Crawford and Swift are great for that, but keep Sweets in the mix as well, that would be a good young squad.

Ok. But if it comes down to Sweetney going for a trade for Crawford and/or Swift don't you think we must do it? I'd love to retain Sweetney myself. I'm simply trying to be realistic and practical and offer someone with some value. Let's all remember we need to offer some of our people who have value.

i like crawford as well and i think hes going to be a special player one day but personally i would much rather see Quentin Richardson in a Knick uniform next season......i just think him and steph would be crazy

i like crawford as well and i think hes going to be a special player one day but personally i would much rather see Quentin Richardson in a Knick uniform next season......i just think him and steph would be crazy
    I LOVE THIS GUY! I agree 100%. Watching Q play with Marbury would be fantastic. We'd have by far the most physical backcourt. Q has it all but I think Isiah likes Crawford more because he also plays the point position ( of which I think Q also can play ). Having Crawford on the floor with Marbury is Isiah modern rendition of Detroit Pistons when he and Dumars baffled defenses and won CHAMPIONSHIPS.

not sweets!!

Crawford, Swift, and Richardson are all nasty Basketball players. To see any of them play along side of Marbury would be sick. I like them all. It's a tough call to make if you could only choose one of them, but the Knicks most likely will be able to choose only one of them. Whats the contract situation with Richardson? Anyone know? Crawford and Swift I know are restricted free agents.

Richardson is a restricted free agent!

right now we just betta hope we something...i think the reason that IT is going after Walker is that its looking pretty grim as far as getting one of the upper elite power forwards but if he does it'll definately be an upgrade....i would love to see him swing something where he would then somehow manage away to get Quentin in here even if its by some sort of 3way trade...giving away draft picks whatever the case may be .....but i hope he pulls something off....lets pray

I think you guys are right! No one wants to help the Big Bad Apple improve. They won't sign and trade what we crave. That's the problem and we have ridiculous contracts. I was shocked when the Knicks initially signed Houston over Sprewell, signed him to that ridiculous $100 million dollar contract and traded Sprewell instead of trying to deal him.

Hopefully Nike, Coke and the other big company can get us on a playing level field with Crawford and Swift.

houston is better than sprewell when hes healthy. but 100 mill was for houston is to much. we can get good players for that money like kobe or even shaq.

The Chicago Bulls virtually drafted two guards. That makes Jamal Crawford expendable. The Knicks have a great chance in signing him. Stromile Swift is proposed in a deal with the Nets' Kenyon Martin. Let's not let them get him. These trades all check out numbers wise:

Kurt Thomas and Mike Sweetney
    next years 1st round
    for
    Jamal Crawford and Tyson Chandler

and
    Nazr Mohammad nd Frank Williams
    for
    Stromile Swift

With these trades we'd fill the need at shooting guard, power forward and center.

the bulls are not going to be that bad. they got two good picks and now they can get a good player for crawford.

Looks like it's a 50/50 chance we'll land Jamal Crawford for the six-year $38 million contract. A Stromile Swift signing will be more difficult.