Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just get me Crawford and Swift!

I don't think the 5 million salary cap exception going to be enough to bring neither crawford or swift to the Knicks. If anything its going to be a sign and trade involving kurt thomas and/or harrington and mutombo.
    But then again keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

We're probably going to be forced to move Sweetney, Williams and KT. I also believe Isiah is trying to part was with Tim Thomas as well as our expiring contracts to get a SG and some size. Possible acquistions are:

Memhet Okur
    Quentin Richarson
    Jamal Crawford
    Stromile Swift
    Tyson Chandler
    Eric Dampier

Tuesday November 05th, 2002
    © Crawford and Fizer May Be Moved Soon
    By Victor Bellan
    The word is Jamal Crawford and Marcus Fizer could be "packing their bags soon". The two could be packaged in a deal for a defensive small forward. Although he is not known for his defense, one player that is being thrown around is Milwaukee Bucks Forward Tim Thomas. Last season Thomas averaged 11.7 ppg and 4.1 rbs. This season, as a starter, he is averaging 11.3 points and 5.3 rebounds. Along with 2 steals and 1.3 blocks per game. More as it comes.
    Comment: Updated: Wednesday November 06th, 2002 A trade could be made at anytime, however, it is more likely something will occur at the deadline. This is not suprising considering Jerry Krause always waits until the last minute to pull the trigger on a trade.
    This was once close to happing two years ago involving Jamal Crawford and Tim Thomas. I think the Knicks have a great chance of signing him. Bulls now have too many guards and are looking to add Eddie Jones.

the knicks should only foucs on him because every one eles is a long shot. shaq is two much $, kobe probably wont come here.

Dude, how many 24 year olds you know that scored 50 points in a game? He is better than anything the knicks have aside from Marbury.

ok ok ok look houston is gonna be the **** again, never did i hear a complainnt about him before this season( disregard his contract), he is a former all star and once hes healthy again he'll be the ****. He is NOT injury prone, dont say that, its one injury, when did he miss games before because of another injury?

SG: Houston; Penny
    PG: this new guy, i hear he's good, his name's starbury or farbury or something...; FW
    SF: Crawford ( yea you heard me, 3 guards taht can all shoot incredibly, screw the mavs or the kings...THIS is the real offensive powerhouse); TT
    PF: Swift; Sweetney
    C: Nazr (we have to settle somewhere); Doleac (yea offense again)
    Other Reserves: Dermarr, Shandon (nobody is gonna take him), Baker

Crawford with full(37mil i think?) MLE
    Doleac with LLE
    Swift with KT and haringoton or Mutumbo
    We still have the other cheap contract, harrington or mutumbo to trade this way. Given this is not a championship team, its sets up for a reat 06 season, with a strong core and good role players. We are jsut missing a frotn court which we cna make next summer. It takes time people, be patient but it's gonna be our turn to have a parade soon =D

ok i know its weird arguing with myself, but i thought it over:

with a backcourt liek that(all 3 members of it) we need strictly rebounding from our frontcourt, Sweetney can stay as a reserve PF, Stromile Swift is a great player, but i dont think he emphasizes on rebounding enough. In this setup i have, we need front court rebounding (what imalluding to is the other common setup people have for the future of the knicks, which is a swingman to compliment marbury). Can ne1 else imagine S&T for dampier, a package that can include KT harrington and mutumbo.

Crawford and swift would be cool if we could shed kurt thomas and some of our other excess big men, like harrington, and trybanski. Also noris could go too we already have two great PG's. Harrington and trybanski have attractive contracts (entering last year) and thomas and noris have proven skills that some teams might find valuable.

y would crawford play SF. what about tim thomes. crawford should play SG or back up SG

I could see a sign and trade with Crawford, possibly Frank Williams. This way the Knicks still have the MLE to offer a big man up front.

No way they take Frank Williams. Remember they still have Jason Williams. I believe they'll take a Tim Thomas and a Kurt Thomas to fill their needs at PF and SF. In return we'll take JC and two of their bad contracts.

Lets face it, its no secret that Frank Williams wants to play in Chicago. This almost happened before by the Knicks during during last season. No question that the Bulls want Thomas.

It's now mentioned that Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas are possibly on their way to Chicago for JC and all their bad contracts. Let's do it!

Originally Posted by nycefnl
    It's now mentioned that Shandon Anderson and Kurt Thomas are possibly on their way to Chicago for JC and all their bad contracts. Let's do it!
    Whered you here this from?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's the link!