Rudy....again

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Portland Willing To Trade Fernandez

The Trail Blazers are open to trading Rudy Fernandez, the guard told Spanish language newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

"Portland is willing to make a trade and the truth is I'm pleased they want to do it," Fernandez told the paper.

"Now we have to find a team where I can have an important role or where I can find the dynamics I enjoyed in Portland the first year."

HoopsHype.com translated the original article.

"My agents are in the United States, they are speaking with them and if something comes up they will travel to Portland," Fernandez continued.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...and_willing_to_trade_fernandez/#ixzz0utSOLsDs

Who wants him? What would you give for him?

I don't think we need to give up Chandler for him. It would be ideal to get Rudy and keep Chander.

We actually don't have to trade anything. We're enough under the cap we can absorb his contract.

I think cash + our 2nd round picks (from Lee trade) should be enough. Maybe even throw in Bill Walker if necessary.

I personally think Rudy would excel here. We need a legit starting SG and Rudy could be that player. He's perfect for this system.

PG-Felton
SG-Rudy
SF-Gallo
PF-Amare
C-Randolph

w/ Douglas, Chandler, Turiaf, Azibuke off the bench

That is a very good roster with a good mix of offense and defense.

KBlack25

Starter
As I've said before...to me I'm really only looking to package Curry and Chandler to the highest bidder...I want to keep our young guys for once.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
As I've said before...to me I'm really only looking to package Curry and Chandler to the highest bidder...I want to keep our young guys for once.

I don't think it will be necessary for us to give Chandler for him. He would be a perfect fit for us, though. Portland really can't ask fo too much and if someone else overpays for him, then fine, we go with what we got.

I think Bill Walker for Rudy should be enough.

KBlack25

Starter
I don't think it will be necessary for us to give Chandler for him. He would be a perfect fit for us, though. Portland really can't ask fo too much and if someone else overpays for him, then fine, we go with what we got.

I think Bill Walker for Rudy should be enough.

If it's Bill Walker for Rudy I'm okay...but to me I don't want to trade Felton, Randolph, Gallo, obviously STAT...unless it is for a superstar.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I could warm up to the idea of trading Chandler for him.

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
Amar'e
The Freak (Randolph)

bench: Turiaf, Azzy, Fields, Bill, Jordan, Rautins, Timofey

Nice group to start with.

KBlack25

Starter
I could warm up to the idea of trading Chandler for him.

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
Amar'e
The Freak (Randolph)

bench: Turiaf, Azzy, Fields, Bill, Jordan, Rautins, Timofey

Nice group to start with.

Issue is I think our best chance to trade Curry for a solid piece is to include Chandler...though I suppose we COULD just let Curry expire.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Rudy only makes 1.3 million next season. That would be a great steal if we trade Walker for him. After next season, the team option is only 2.2 million. If we can keep chandler in this deal, it would be great. Not sure if Portland would agree.

nykway24

Rookie
Rudy only makes 1.3 million next season. That would be a great steal if we trade Walker for him. After next season, the team option is only 2.2 million. If we can keep chandler in this deal, it would be great. Not sure if Portland would agree.

i think if we can convince how much a an good player bill walker can be and an asset he is i think portland would consider the trade. I only say this because Rudy and Portland are at the end of the road in terms of their relationship, Rudy wants out and portland doesn't wanna keep him. If donnie could pull this off this would be an amazing steal and give us a true starting 2 gaurd

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Bill Walker + 2nd rounder for Rudy

It's way better than dumping Chandler who could be a valuable trade asset for someone way better than Rudy Fernandez

Felton
Rudy
Gallo
Amar'e
Randolph

BEAST team

moneyg

Starter
tough one.... i think rudy can be our starting two. but id still like to keep walker.. if i had to chose id probably trade chandler for rudy and a pick for portland...

walker is cheaper..walker is young.. and most of all he is way more aggressive than chandler..... its a tough call between walker and chandler...but i think with gallo, fields and alot of small forward available around the league... id rather keep walker.... if chandler were aggresive he would be a super player.. but he too .. well u know.. slow up there....

dassknick

Benchwarmer
After watching the above video, I had no idea how athletic Rudy truly is - dude has serious ups. I was already familiar with his range shooting .368% behind the arc last season but he's a more complete player than I thought.

I'd pull the trigger on this one and close the chapter on the 2010 off-season. The thing I'd love the most about this trade would be that its filling a NEED. We have no true SG on this roster and this guy fits bill in addition to being a player that Mike D. / Walsh covet.

I would have no problem sending a package based around Chandler for this guy.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
After watching the above video, I had no idea how athletic Rudy truly is - dude has serious ups. I was already familiar with his range shooting .368% behind the arc last season but he's a more complete player than I thought.

I'd pull the trigger on this one and close the chapter on the 2010 off-season. The thing I'd love the most about this trade would be that its filling a NEED. We have no true SG on this roster and this guy fits bill in addition to being a player that Mike D. / Walsh covet.

I would have no problem sending a package based around Chandler for this guy.

Yeah, he's very athletic. @3:50 he posterizes Dwight Howard. Unfortunately many people see "white guy from Europe" and just assume he's unathletic and a poor defender. He's not the greatest defender, but he keeps his man in front of him and steals the ball well.

His shooting is good but his passing and movement without the ball are exceptional. He is a great fit and fills a large hole in our roster. We really need a legit SG and he is a great SG for this system.

We would definitely be a team with massive potential (Randolph, Gallo and Rudy).

I am willing to give Chandler for Rudy, but I don't think it is necessary. Bill Walker + two 2nd round picks is just right.

Edit: Alan Hahn of Newsday just said that the Knicks will not give up Chandler for Rudy and Portland wants a 1st round pick.

Maybe we can convince them 2 (or 3) 2nd round picks + Walker (or Fields). We have 3 2nd round picks (2 from GS and 1 from PHX). Or a 2013 lottery protected 1st round pick??

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I'm all for bringing him here. He would flourish and be a nice fit in our O.

They could have Chandler. I've seen him clank enough shots out of his range. Let him do that on Portland. Actually Nate McMillan would probably reign him in.

Anyway, the kid is defensively challenged. He can steal, but gambles to get them. It's okay we won't be playing any defense this season anyway.

Paul1355

All Star
Who wants him? What would you give for him?

I don't think we need to give up Chandler for him. It would be ideal to get Rudy and keep Chander.

We actually don't have to trade anything. We're enough under the cap we can absorb his contract.

I think cash + our 2nd round picks (from Lee trade) should be enough. Maybe even throw in Bill Walker if necessary.

I personally think Rudy would excel here. We need a legit starting SG and Rudy could be that player. He's perfect for this system.

PG-Felton
SG-Rudy
SF-Gallo
PF-Amare
C-Randolph

w/ Douglas, Chandler, Turiaf, Azibuke off the bench

That is a very good roster with a good mix of offense and defense.
I dont know if he is worth it sometimes, in the playoffs he was non existent but I love hsi game and he is still very young, young enough to hit his peek in a few years.....Bill Walker is younger, more athletic, and has a nice outside shot...to trade him plus picks...no way

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Cheap, expendable, huge upside and a legit SG

If he's on his game, consistent, healthy etc. then he's a great fit as a legitimate 2 for NY. That, along with a team option on his contract in 2011/12, make him worth a shot IMO.

I can see him and Felton running a high paced muck in the Garden.

I dont know if he is worth it sometimes, in the playoffs he was non existent but I love hsi game and he is still very young, young enough to hit his peek in a few years.....Bill Walker is younger, more athletic, and has a nice outside shot...to trade him plus picks...no way

He came to life in the playoffs after a lacklustre season - albeit only 1 game - dropping 7 three pointers VS Phoenix.

The idea of trading Walker seems pretty bogus to me too. Unlike some others here, I would trade Chandler for Rudy. Just to break up that 3 spot and get a real SG.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Rudy is OK, but I'm not convinced he's a long term solution at SG even he's a perfect fit for our system and fills the need better than any player we have now. I am NOT in favor of giving up Chandler simply because he's a more versatile and better two way player that also has upside. I think if we are going to eventually move Chandler alone or as part of a bigger deal, we can do a lot better than Rudy at SG. If we can get Rudy for less, I'd be in favor of bringing him in. But there's not way in hell I'd give up a first round pick even if it was lottery protected.