MIA signs Eddie House

mafra

Legend
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUWwgCo8_CmeYvmkrAM1528vLYF?slug=aw-eddiehouse072910

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

------

Oh boy. First of all, they've spent almost 400 million. I have no clue how the cap works, but I'm not sure where they're finding room to sign all these players.

Mike Miller, Eddie House as snipers.
Big-Z, Udonis Haslem, J-Howard, J-Anthony as big men in the middle.

I guess they're a PG away from rounding out the roster pretty nicely.

Go Bulls and Lakers!

Scribbles

Rotation player
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUWwgCo8_CmeYvmkrAM1528vLYF?slug=aw-eddiehouse072910

The Heat have reached an agreement with 32-year-old guard Eddie House(notes) on a two-year contract for $2.8 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The second year of the deal is a player option for $1.4 million.

------

Oh boy. First of all, they've spent almost 400 million. I have no clue how the cap works, but I'm not sure where they're finding room to sign all these players.

Go Bulls and Lakers!

Mario Chalmers, Carlos Arroyo, Deshawn Butler.

That's a pretty good team outside of the obvious Big 3.

tiger0330

Legend

Surprised you're not aware of how this aspect of the cap works because of your bball awareness. A team can sign as many vet minimum player as it wants, that was the whole Heat strategy when they signed the big 3, sign good experienced vets that want to win a ring. yikes,400M that is a lot of money, thats going to be like 2.4B over 6 years, can any team make money with a payroll like that.

House by himself can win them a few games by himself, remember his first game in MSG this year, he was on fire.

Whatever they are doing in Miami, D.Walsh better take notes. I have never seen such a great team be put together in such a little amount of time...and they didn't have to advertise doing it for 2+ years.

On paper ( and I'm sure on the court), Miami looks like a 70+ team. I'm sure the fams in South Beach are going Bannanas..

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
every living person in florida is a orlando magic fan.... dwayne wade has been on the team and they havent sold out in the longest time unless the lakers are in town aka miami is the worst place to start a disgusting team because no one there will care......

shaolin

Benchwarmer
confused much? Just watch this fall and see how many fans they have there and growing around the world... and I'm not even counting the ones that were already cheering for Wade and Zoe in the past.

bandwagon fans don't count. Heat fans don't really exist. It's a football town. They are more into college football than basketball. Now, they are going to route for the Heat. Those people do not count.

flknickfan

Benchwarmer
For those of you here that think MIA is a 70+ win team; you are on something I need.

I have never seen a such a bad defensive & rebounding dream team in my lifetime. Orlando, Boston, Chicago are going to BLUDGEON this team down low during the season. Hell if Eddy Curry was had half a heart WE have a better front line than they do.

Defense where is it. Mike Miller, Eddie House, Arroyo, play ZERO D, and LBJ can't do both for 82 games. Did you all see how Glenn Davis and Perkins nullified Big Z in the playoffs.

I still maintain: the HEAT will NOT win a championship this year. They have one year because either they lose playing year 2 or get broken up due to the coming CBA crisis.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Surprised you're not aware of how this aspect of the cap works because of your bball awareness. A team can sign as many vet minimum player as it wants, that was the whole Heat strategy when they signed the big 3, sign good experienced vets that want to win a ring. yikes,400M that is a lot of money, thats going to be like 2.4B over 6 years, can any team make money with a payroll like that.

House by himself can win them a few games by himself, remember his first game in MSG this year, he was on fire.

2.4 Billion Dollars!!!! LMAO There payroll is 62 Million this year. 400 Million dollars is the sum of their contract commitments.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

------

Go Bulls and Lakers!

All the more reason we should do what we can to get the best players here. People overemphasize the cap and flexibility. Mean while Miami's got three juggernauts and continues to sign complimentary pieces. They're going to rock us each time we play them, as we're currently constructed. We'll see how the "lets wait and see" crowd feels then.