Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gallo and Randolph may go..

Nyk Logo Gallo and Randolph may go..

After taking a look at our salary cap numbers and that of NO, I'm fairly confident a deal for Paul will happen eventually. It will ofcourse have to involve Okafor.

Being in a rebuilding mode, they will want to get his salary off their books badly. We will have to do the Curry swap w Okafor, then piece together the players to make the salaries match up. They need to get what they can for Paul since he wants out and we have the right mix of players to help them create cap space and rebuild.

Do I think Paul is worth Gallo, Randolph and Curry? Yes.. Will we need to give them that combo of players to make the deal happen? Maybe. As bad as it sounds to most of you, when all of the chips are down, if this is what NO wants for Paul, Donnie may pull the trigger.

If we gave them:

Curry
    AR
    Gallo
    Azzy
    Douglas
    ..and cash

Our starting lineup would look something like this:

Paul
    Walker
    Chandler
    STAT
    Okafor

Bench: Felton, Fields, Rautins, Mozgof, Ewing Jr. and Jordan

Remember there is no guarantee either Gallo and AR will be as good as we all hope. Paul is already great, and young. We'd still be pretty darn good and very athletic without Gallo and AR. I realize that Walker as a starter is a bit scary, but when Paul was on NO he had Morris Peterson in the back court with him. Peterson spotted up for threes, never drove, and played mediocre defense. Can Walker out play Peterson in the backcourt w Paul? I think he can.

Start getting ready, cause a deal involving both of the belovedz might actually happen.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jul 28, 2010 at 20:28.

We aren't getting Chris Paul.

Gutting our team is not worth Paul. Walker as our starting SG?!? That lineup is awful and worse than what we've got now.

This is exactly the kind of deal I DONT want to make. Im sick of the get rich quick schemes from marbury to curry to crawford that have been our plan for the last decade. Lebron came and passed so its time to actually rebuild. I'll gladly take 2 more years of insignificance for a decade of relevance.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Gutting our team is not worth Paul. Walker as our starting SG?!? That lineup is awful and worse than what we've got now.
    Rebounding potential goes from "very good, possibly great" to "mediocre at best"

Shotblocking potential goes from "awesome" to "nonexistant"

Shooting guard depth goes from "weak" to "putrid"

Overall frontcourt potential goes from "tremendous" to "good"

Yeah, no thanks.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    The best PG and a top 3 PF teaming up with good young wing players in Walker and Chandler with a solid Center in Okafor is worse than our young lineup????

What?

I dont want to trade Gallo and especially Randolph but we should do anything to get Chris Paul to team with Amare.

Can we please give Felton a chance.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    FINALLY, someone else said( i know a few others have said this but i dont know all at the top of my head and for that i apologize ) but seriously people Felton is lightning quick definitely one of the fastest guys in the league, and playing in charlotte where they've played a half court system since he arrived he hasnt gotten the chance to showcase what he can do yet, and he's still only 25 so he'll still get better he's still 2-3 years from his peak. given the system he's playing in his numbers WILL get better i guarantee that, once he stretches his legs a bit he'll be on the rise. i'd rather have him as my PG and go after Melo( but not rely on melo ). im expecting 18 and 8 from Felton.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Yes please...

I agree that, starting line up looks worse than what we have now

Originally Posted by Bunta
    I agree that, starting line up looks worse than what we have now
    thats like saying Steve Nash is not the catalyst on the Suns team.

People wake up, Chris Paul averaged 11 assists per season in his career!

He can score over 20 ppg, rebound atleast 3-4 and get you over 2 steals. He is as dynamic as any super star in the game.

Pair him with Amare and you can start talking about a Championship contender, just look at how good the Suns were with Nash and Amare, Paul is better than Nash in every category, which means Amare will be much better.

And every other player will excel and play at their highest level.

I agree that I want to see how Felton does, but Chris Paul is THE BEST, Felton is not. It's like we are pulling the Chris Duhon card when he first came here saying he is going to be great in Mike D's system. We dont know, the only gurantee is that Paul would make Amare thebest PF in basketball and we would be a much better team.

Hearing that Donnie backed down on the deal would make me furious, if Donnie has a chance to get Paul he will do it.

I 'd like for us to evaluate what we have before pulling the trigger, unless its a no brainer. I think Donnie is wise enough not to include Curry as he wants a shot at Carmello.....Paul is great but without a ace SG we will still be an early exit playoff team if i;m right

Paul is better than Nash in every aspect? Really? Better shooter? Paul is a great player and he might have a better career, but to say that now is wrong imo.

Bad idea! Giving up both Gallo and Randolph, AND picking up Okafor's contract? No thanks.

If we had Duhon as our starter, I would definitely consider it. Felton could surprise. He is far, far better than Duhon offensively and even more so defensively. Felton is a solid top 8 PG. I understand getting a top 2 PG is ideal, especially Amare, but Felton is a pure PG. Paul just had knee surgery as well.

We lose youth and cap flexibility. It took us years to get to this point. We had no trading assets or ability to sign quality FAs and had few draft picks to sign quality young players. The ability for us to go after what we are missing next year based on our biggest need is most important. Besides, Paul will start this season with the Hornets. Let's be patient.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    After taking a look at our salary cap numbers and that of NO, I'm fairly confident a deal for Paul will happen eventually. It will ofcourse have to involve Okafor.

Being in a rebuilding mode, they will want to get his salary off their books badly. We will have to do the Curry swap w Okafor, then piece together the players to make the salaries match up. They need to get what they can for Paul since he wants out and we have the right mix of players to help them create cap space and rebuild.

Do I think Paul is worth Gallo, Randolph and Curry? Yes.. Will we need to give them that combo of players to make the deal happen? Maybe. As bad as it sounds to most of you, when all of the chips are down, if this is what NO wants for Paul, Donnie may pull the trigger.

If we gave them:

Curry
    AR
    Gallo
    Azzy
    Douglas
    ..and cash

Our starting lineup would look something like this:

Paul
    Walker
    Chandler
    STAT
    Okafor

Bench: Felton, Fields, Rautins, Mozgof, Ewing Jr. and Jordan

Remember there is no guarantee either Gallo and AR will be as good as we all hope. Paul is already great, and young. We'd still be pretty darn good and very athletic without Gallo and AR. I realize that Walker as a starter is a bit scary, but when Paul was on NO he had Morris Peterson in the back court with him. Peterson spotted up for threes, never drove, and played mediocre defense. Can Walker out play Peterson in the backcourt w Paul? I think he can.

Start getting ready, cause a deal involving both of the belovedz might actually happen.
    You and I are def in the minority on these boards, but I would pull the trigger in a heart beat to get Chris Paul. Chris Paul at least is a proven pg if not the best pg in the league, what has Galo, Chandler and Randolph proved? Absolutely nothing... I'm more concerned about ruining the cap situation more than trading away these players. Picking up Okafur's contract hurts, but I would still do it. I don't want to wait another 2-5 years to be good, I want to win right now, and I think getting Paul before the season starts or at the trade deadline will allow the Knicks to make a run at the championship. I'm not completely convinced that the team around them right now is a playoff contender.