How Bout T-Mac?

Hes better then Walker and we can sign him for the minimum. What if we Just Signed him to a One Year Deal with a One year team Option? See if hes Actually "still got it".

And if he does, Great!

if not he can still be a good Mentor to the other young Gaurds (EX Rautins, Walker, Azabukie) and a Solid Bench Player.

and if He gets Injured we still have 3 SG's assuming Azabukie is back at the time of Injury.

So if you ask me its a 100% win for us. If he ****s up, he melts of the roster and we have some cap next year.

And if He stays Healthy, and can contribute we get a nice SG.

We can start the line up like.....

PG: Felton
SG: McGrady (untill Azzy gets Healthy)
SF: Gallinari
PF: Stoudemire
C: Turiaf

p0nder

Starter
I like T-mac and think he still got it, despite a not so hot showing at the end of last year. if he is down for the minimum then go for it!

rw005

Benchwarmer
Yep I want him back.

I respect his game, and plus he said he loved his short time here in NY.

He should play the role of a distributor, like passing to the open man, then when it comes clutch he can drive to the lane.

Now if we do get him back, tell him to brush up on the FTs, that made me sad when he missed those 2 FTs last season...(let's not go there)

Let's go Knicks! :gony:

Lock N Load

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'd welcome back T-Mac but he'd have to understand that he can't dominate the ball like in ORL or HOU. We have young players who need to fourish.

That's the issue CHI is having with signing him. They want him to accept a secondary/supporting role but they aren't totally convinced that he's ready to do that. Based on his comments I don't think he's reached that point yet either.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i was thinking about this the other day. I was wondering if we dont land Brown( id rather have Tmac starting) and we cant make a trade for Fernandez then why not get Tmac back he'd be a huge addition and i think he still has something in the tank. signing him to a one year deal wont hurt. and he's said himself that he wasnt ready last year when he played for us. and he was somewhat decent for the most part, he also said he should be ready for training camp and back at full strength, i say go for it. if he does get injured we have 2 other capable SG's on the roster. but then again giving Brown a chance may not be too bad of an idea as well. but i was impressed with Mac's play last season so personally i want him back

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
He can be our starting SG on a Veterans' minimum deal for one year. I'd like the signing way more than Shannon Brown

Really? I'd much rather take a flyer on a 24 year old combo guard with tons of athleticism and potential as opposed to a 31 year old who can't stay healthy for more than 15 games at a time. I just question how much Mcgrady has left in the tank. I seriously doubt he has the legs to be a starting SG, particularly in our uptempo system. Shannon Brown makes a lot more sense to me. At worst, he's a nice young asset who would be solid trade bait.

I read something awhile ago that Tmac doesn't really get along with Amare. Dunno if that story holds any weight but that along with the reality that D'antoni and Walsh don't really seem to want him back may = chances Tmac return to NY pretty non existant.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
I read something awhile ago that Tmac doesn't really get along with Amare. Dunno if that story holds any weight but that along with the reality that D'antoni and Walsh don't really seem to want him back may = chances Tmac return to NY pretty non existant.

Yeah, I certianly wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a Tmac deal

elcol

Rotation player
hes one of my favorite players and id love for him to come back but i don't see it happening

iJoe

Rotation player
Theres a reason the bulls passed on him. Hes lost a lot of his ability, yet still thinks he can dominate the game. Hes already said that he doesn't want a lesser role and believes himself the be a starter who is the difference maker.

I can totally see him playing the role Grant Hill takes in Phoenix, but he just doesn't seem to understand playing a role.

johnstarky

Rotation player
T-Mac, when healthy could still be a top 20 player in the NBA.I don't see how he would be a burden to the Knicks if they gave him a 1 year contract.A lineup which consists of Amar'e Stoudemire, Anthony Randolph, Danilo Gallinari, a healthy Tracy McGrady, and Ray Felton could easily win 60 games in the Eastern conference.