Phil Jackson next knicks head coach?

kevin

Benchwarmer
I really doubt Phil is coaching the knicks. Isiah has said plenty of times that Lenny is his man, although I totallly disagree with hiring Lenny. Now I know Phil is a great coach but I dont think he is the right coach for the knicks.

kevin

Benchwarmer
I don't think hes as motivated to win a championship he already has nine in his bag, a major factor for the finals is because Larry Brown was thirsting for a championship and Phil was a little laid back and didnt seem to care as much.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i really think that phil jackson is overrated but he is a good coach....u can u win a championchip if u have jordan and pippen and shaq and kobe

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
he just got to prove it to me...when he coaches a team that wasnt awful the previous year and make a at least a 500 team record then i wont put him on top in coaches

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
datruth said:
i really think that phil jackson is overrated but he is a good coach....u can u win a championchip if u have jordan and pippen and shaq and kobe

I totally agree!!!!!

I want to see Jackson take a team like the Knicks (Without a really dominant superstar) and win a championship. Then I will believe that he is an outstanding coach.

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
i agree

i agree wit "trublue"and "datruth". phil is really overrated but he is stil a good coach. all the anlyists r sayin the best place 4 him to turn up is the knicks. the knicks have a great coach so idunnno if its better 4 them to get phil but they should try. and wit the people in the market ther r definetly gonna be big superstars comin to the knicks. he went to the finals wit jordan, pippen and kobe. now wit marbury.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I don't see it happening with our current squad of guys..

I don't see Lenny Wilkens as the coach of New York past next season, but I'm not sure if Jackson is the answer either. He is a great coach, but he has had some of the most talented players on his championship teams.

I try look at how the triangle offense would work with a point guard like Marbury. I don't think it's the best offensive scheme for Marbury as well as the other Knicks. First of all we don't have a dominant center. Marbury is a great scorer, and his numbers would be down in scoring with the triangle offense. Look what happened to Payton. I'm not saying it would affect Marbury the exact same way, but it wouldn't play into his style of ball. It's hard to say because the Knicks could have a different looking team come the start of the season, I'm thinking with the players we have now.

JJtheKnick

Starter
lenny i think he does a great job as the knicks coach. but i wouldent mind seeing phil jackson as the head coach
(i dont think any one would mind)

NYK89

Rookie
The only reason he was good was because he had jordan kobe and shaq. Practically any coach could win with them. props to lary brown. beatin em 4-1!!

WiL8000

Rotation player
Overall it's Phil no doubt. For the Knicks, I have to say Lenny Wilkens is a better fit. The Knick's current players don't fit into the triangle offense that Phil Jackson religously uses. Lenny Wilkens has no problem with Isiah Thomas taking charge and deciding to coach a practice. I could never see Phil Jackson standing for that.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea i say lenny to. i think he came in out of no where and took a team that was makeing big changes and took them to the playoffs.