Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Melo wont sign Xtension! Bye-bye DEN - Hello MSG!

Just don't get too carried away with these news about Melo and CP3, we all know that we might not get them.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Carmelo is Glen Robinson with a little more scoring and turnovers...

Robinson took his team further in the playoffs than Carmelo tho...so they're not that different.

Carmelo has a bad attitude and bad character...he's no good for this team.
    Gallinari possesses the ability to hold down the SF spot for 15+ years.
    Carmelo is better overall, but our SF position is not broken. I'm not going to give up Gallinari's progression and ability to be great in New York for another LeBron personality player.

Carmelo hasn't played a full NBA season since his rookie season...he's not all that and we don't NEED HIM.

Paul in the other hand is a different story.

I can agree w you about needing Paul more. In the NBA, PG > SF.

Seeing as we already have Gallo, who I like alot, I would definitely rather have CP3. But you and others could prolly already guess that..

Melo is a great player, but as I've said he doesn't make players around him better. Paul raises the level of the players around him. He's a juggernaut and a facilitator for others.

Unless Denver maeks a big move and gets a good player, I see Melo getting tickets to the first jet out of Denver.

He wants NY like Amare wanted NY.

I see Melo in a Knicks uniform and see him with Gallo and Amare tearing it up.

I'm assuming that Douglas, Chandler, Walker/Azabuke plus Curry's contract get traded for Melo

Possible lineup after Melo trade?:

Felton
    Azabuke/Mason
    Anthony
    Amare
    Turiaf

Bench:
    Randolph
    Gallo
    Fields
    Mason

That is a GOOD team.

Maybe Melo would start at SG with Gallo at SF which would make us a very tall team but I don't know if Melo is fast enough to be a SG. Who knows but either way we are as good even better than the Magic.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I can agree w you about needing Paul more. In the NBA, PG > SF.

Seeing as we already have Gallo, who I like alot, I would definitely rather have CP3. But you and others could prolly already guess that..

Melo is a great player, but as I've said he doesn't make players around him better. Paul raises the level of the players around him. He's a juggernaut and a facilitator for others.
    Who is Carmelo suppose to make better?

K martin
    Jr smith
    Chris anderson

That team sucks. They play like retards!!

Carmelo Anthony is an elite wing player and the NBA is an elite wing player league.

When is the last time a dominant point guard lead a team to an NBA title? Isiah Thomas and the Pistons in 1989-1990?

When is the last team an NBA championship team featured a hall of fame point guard?? Isiah Thomas again?

Now ask yourself the same questions regarding dominant wing players

2 years ago Melo was an absolute beast in the playoffs. A real bull. He almost knocked the Lakers out by himself! He's also won an NCAA title. Dude is a winner!

Surround him with players and he's another asset! Come on folks!

We have the money.... who else to offer it to? Unless Gallo and Randolph like EXPLODE this season and dominate.... Knicks have to bring Melo to MSG.

Originally Posted by mafra
    2 years ago Melo was an absolute beast in the playoffs. A real bull. He almost knocked the Lakers out by himself! He's also won an NCAA title. Dude is a winner!

Surround him with players and he's another asset! Come on folks!

We have the money.... who else to offer it to? Unless Gallo and Randolph like EXPLODE this season and dominate.... Knicks have to bring Melo to MSG.
    good post...you get a rep point

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by keyser soze
    uhm . . . what?

Glenn Robinson played with a young Ray Allen and took the Bucks to the Eastern Conference Finals one season.
    Carmelo Anthony played with Chauncy Billups and took the Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals one season.
    Can you please provide the other members of this forum with your definition of the word "further"??? lol

edit: I hope you aren't thinking of 2005 when he won a championship with the Spurs as a ride-along roleplayer.
    Carmelo had better pieces on his team than Robinson.

Either way, they're not different players so stop acting like they are. Carmelo is Glen Robinson in a high paced offense.

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Break out your Spanish-English dictionary so you can figure it out, or I can paypal you a dollar so you can buy a CLUE!!!!!
    I'm 100% positive my English and my Spanish outclasses your vocabulary. People in the midwest are known for butchering up the English language into a lot of hick gibberish. I really can't understand you. So try a little harder or ask someone to write your post for you. You talk a lot **** and mindless statements that have no validity or proof. You're the most bias poster on this site. **** Chicago, **** St. Louis, **** Cincinnati, **** Kansas City, **** the Midwest. This is a Knicks forum and its well KNOWN you're a midwest fan and a Chicago Bulls fan (you never bad mouth them or dare to).

Anyway, Carmelo is overrated.

He has had a history of problems and seems like a guy who would get injured or break the law and bring drama and chaos to the franchise. Forget about him. Gallo is our man. Our front court is PERFECT. Randolph provides the rebounding, shot blocking, scoring, passing...Gallo provides the IQ, scoring, shooting, passing, hustle, and Amare provides an all star presence, post scoring, 22-25 ppg.

Veteran

Mellow has refused to sign the extension and he is very adamant about coming to NY. I can't see the Knicks keeping all the fowards they currently have. If they are smart, they will get rid of Gallo because the NY media has always over expose and over hype NY sports teams and their players (Look at the LEE and Duhon deal and how great that worked out for the knicks and these over rated players). The Knicks brass depends on this fake media hype to boost the popularity of the players, Denver is going to want something in return...so if the media is really doing their job Gallo should look really nice to them.

Mello will be traded because Denver dosen't want to get stuck with nothing. And Mello wants NY badly. Bring in the home town kid and take out the over rated trash.

Dolon has zeke in his ear and D'Antonio and walsh are nervous because they are bringing in has beens and inexperience players. Zeke will get Dolon to push out D'Antonio pet Gallo. The sooner the better because this is Professional basketball, not a family affair.

This might be the best move yet for the knicks this off season.

Originally Posted by Ewing
    Just don't get too carried away with these news about Melo and CP3, we all know that we might not get them.
    What, didn't we get the King to come to NY? (And by King, I mean jerk. And by jerk, I mean Isiah.)

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Carmelo had better pieces on his team than Robinson.

Either way, they're not different players so stop acting like they are. Carmelo is Glen Robinson in a high paced offense.
    As has been demonstrated numerous times on this board in several recent posts in active threads, Carmelo's averages in the first seven years of his career (Again, he is ONLY 26) **** on Glenn Robinson. Glenn Robinson was an excellent player but Carmelo has a chance to be a 1st ballot hall of fame player. I'm not going to debate this any further with you, as the numbers clearly speak for themselves. You can talk about "pace" all you want, the bottom line is, Carmelo has talent that Glenn Robinson never even dreamed of having.

Originally Posted by XxWinKnicksxX
    Who is Carmelo suppose to make better?

K martin
    Jr smith
    Chris anderson

That team sucks. They play like retards!!
    Those guys are precisely who he is supposed to make better. Carmelo lacks the ability currently to utilize the attention he draws to facilitate for others. If he could do that, like say Jordan could and Kobe can, he would make the above role players better. Those guys you listed above are serviceable. Kobe could definitely elevate those guys. Mello should be able to as well, but it's not in his skill set.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Aug 07, 2010 at 10:51.

Originally Posted by keyser soze
    Carmelo Anthony is an elite wing player and the NBA is an elite wing player league.

When is the last time a dominant point guard lead a team to an NBA title? Isiah Thomas and the Pistons in 1989-1990?

When is the last team an NBA championship team featured a hall of fame point guard?? Isiah Thomas again?

Now ask yourself the same questions regarding dominant wing players
    Yes but there hasn't been a dominant PG in the league like Isiah Thomas, since CP3. Thomas himself would admit that he was thwarted by the Jordan Era and aging. It wasn't just Thomas on that team though. They had a lot of good players. Guys like Laimbeer, Rodman, Dumars (who could actually guard Jordan somewhat effectively), Mark Aguirre and the "Microwave" Vinnie Johnson coming off the bench. That team was narsty. It all started w Thomas though. He was that great and made the role guys around him that much more effective.

Veteran

I think Mello will do better in his home town...in a pass the ball to open man system along with Stat,Felton and others.

Kenyon Martin was good at one time but he left his prime days in NJ...with Kid, and Jefferson. Plus he suffers from a knee injury. Mellow is basically alone in Denver...that's if you want to compare them to todays standard of a great team.

Look at it this way...

Boston would have been champs if Artest didn't step up in the final game. Kobe lost his shot and had to resort to rebounding.

A great team needs great players. A team with just one superstar and average players will eventualy wear out in the end...because there's no one else to play the clutch.

Lurker

Melo is a tard who has no conscience when it comes to taking shots.