4. Rose
    5. Howard
    6. Wade
    7. Durant
    8. Anthony
    9. D.Williams
    10. Love

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Cut the **** man. Your ranting about Dolan and whoever else in the front office is getting really old. We're dealing with NOW and right now we have a team that isn't successful under this "system" you so highly value.

We have the players we have and that won't change before a new coach is brought in. Can't believe you took up all that space to basically (ONCE AGAIN) GIVE Antoni a pass. What is your love affection with this guy??? Even pro Antoni posters have eventually admitted that a coaching change is most likely needed.

Stop living in the past!

Oh and in case you didn't know: A coach who needs "his type of players" to be successful is not a good coach. Antoni is the only coach in the league who needs a grocery list of players.

There are plenty of coaches that have been successful on different teams where the structure was different based on personnel.

You obviously didn't get the point or didn't read the whole post.

I don't understand your hate towards me.

And your false accusations are just unneccessary, I don't know why you bring them up all the time.

I don't 'love' D'Antoni like you said and my post wasn't made to plead a case for him.

Like I said, you probably didn't understand the post or didn't read it entirely.

Sometimes you gotta look back to understand problems in the present. The Knicks are a classic case for that.

You wanna hear a short term, right now-solution?

Ok here it is:

- Fire D'Antoni and splash the cash on Jackson in an attempt to lure him to New York.

- If we don't have immediate success trade either Melo or Amar'e.

- Pray things work out.

That would be the typical Knicks way of doing things since Dolan took over.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    You obviously didn't get the point or didn't read the whole post.

I don't understand your hate towards me.

And your false accusations are just unneccessary, I don't know why you bring them up all the time.

I don't 'love' D'Antoni like you said and my post wasn't made to plead a case for him.

Like I said, you probably didn't understand the post or didn't read it entirely.

Sometimes you gotta look back to understand problems in the present. The Knicks are a classic case for that.

You wanna hear a short term, right now-solution?

Ok here it is:

- Fire D'Antoni and splash the cash on Jackson in an attempt to lure him to New York.

- If we don't have immediate success trade either Melo or Amar'e.

- Pray things work out.

That would be the typical Knicks way of doing things since Dolan took over.
    That's the best case scenerio. What's the problem with that? Our current coach is not under contract past this year so going in another direction would be fine IMO. You can't deny that this team is underachieving.

You can't deny that this team is underachieving.
    Absolutely. No matter how much respect you have for D'Antoni's abilities - for whatever reason he's just not getting the job done. The roster is no longer an excuse, something's got to give and it's going to be him

Originally Posted by CA7
    1. James
    2. Paul
    3. Kobe
    4. Rose
    5. Howard
    6. Wade
    7. Durant
    8. Anthony
    9. D.Williams
    10. Love
    LMAO, at this point Lamelo isn't even close to the TOP 10, take him out of your list and add Griffin or Bynum or Westbrook...

Originally Posted by CA7
    1. James
    2. Paul
    3. Kobe
    4. Rose
    5. Howard
    6. Wade
    7. Durant
    8. Anthony
    9. D.Williams
    10. Love
    Love needs to be bumped up on that list. He's making an arguement for MVP this year.

I agree. From what i've seen of him this/last year, i'd say a top 10-15 player, but not top 5.....

Originally Posted by Den318
    He plays with no heart. When his shoots are not falling like this year, he is useless because he doesn't do anything else to help the team. He is so far from elite, it's not even worth a mention.

Veteran

I would take Paul Pierce over Melo.....

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I would take Paul Pierce over Melo.....
    At this point Melo is not better than Rudy Gay or Danny Granger. Even Iguodala who doesnt score much is better because of his rebounding, passing, defence and basketball IQ.

Lin,JJ,TC,SHUMP,NOVAK,BD,JR...love them or hate them, they do give their effort. You can't blame or hate a player when they are giving their 100%. Is that too much to ask for our 2 so call ELITE players? When you see Melo and Amare taking a nap on the court, you just want to throw your remote at the TV. Amare shows some emotions sometime. Melo just don't give a sh1t. He is not even in the top 100 right now.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CalBunny
    Lin,JJ,TC,SHUMP,NOVAK,BD,JR...love them or hate them, they do give their effort. You can't blame or hate a player when they are giving their 100%. Is that too much to ask for our 2 so call ELITE players? When you see Melo and Amare taking a nap on the court, you just want to throw your remote at the TV. Amare shows some emotions sometime. Melo just don't give a sh1t. He is not even in the top 100 right now.
    Amare may just not be capable....but MELO there is no excuse....he has turned on when he wants to........LALA must be so turned off.....Maybe she was cheating on him and he out of sorts....

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Amare may just not be capable....but MELO there is no excuse....he has turned on when he wants to........LALA must be so turned off.....Maybe she was cheating on him and he out of sorts....
    A good point.

You get the sense Amare may just be physically incapable at this point in time; his actual skills and physical capabilities look eroded.

This isn't the case for Melo.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    A good point.

You get the sense Amare may just be physically incapable at this point in time; his actual skills and physical capabilities look eroded.

This isn't the case for Melo.
    ^^this. Amare seems to have lost a step and a lot of his athleticism.

Melo seems capable of playing harder on defense and with urgency but we rarely see it. It came out against Lebron and the Heat, but aside from that he just doesn't seem to play hard on D or even focus on D most nights. Most of the top players in the league also impact the game on defense too.

That's the best case scenerio. What's the problem with that? Our current coach is not under contract past this year so going in another direction would be fine IMO. You can't deny that this team is underachieving.
    No, absolutely not. You're spot on with that and I was not trying to deny that. Maybe a sloppy attempt at analyzing things by me, call me a fake journalist, I don't know

It was more of an attempt to analyze things and why we are where we are (which is nomansland, atleast it feels like nomansland). 7 good games are succeeded by 4 or 5 bad games...then the cycle repeats it seems.

If D'Antoni has to go - he has to go. I don't have a problem with that.

But let's part ways in a civilized way with him. I don't think he's a horrible coach, an idiot or the sole person to blame for our struggles.
    I think with the right roster he can still have success, maybe not a championship but winning a division, maybe even a conference can be possible with him in charge.

Let'S fire him, I don't have a problem with that, but let's say "Thank you for your services, it just didn't fit. The best for the future."

Rather than: "**** off you clueless half italian idiot. You're not fit to coach in this league and SSOL sucked from day one."

I think he doesn't deserve treatement like that, because he didn't pull an Isiah.

Even pro Antoni posters have eventually admitted that a coaching change is most likely needed.

Stop living in the past!
    Eventually they will fire him. Mark my words: we will not be more successful without him. This team is poorly crafted. Firing the coach is always the easiest options. If you want to be a hands-on owner, you need to know your stuff. Dolan isn't that knowledgeable. We are stuck with him. When Melo was out with that groin injury, we were winning. It is always a sure sign of an ill-designed team if addition by subtraction is working.