Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Almost Resigns Because of Isiah

Veteran

Isiah's street cred:

151 - 259

Knicks record for the full seasons where he was our GM.

There you go.

Veteran

Angry

Originally Posted by metrocard
    we will never have a championship as long dolan is owner.
    That was said alot throughout the Laydum/Isiah ERRORS

I can't wait to watch Isiah bring in some more over paid and lazy bigs that can't stay healthy, some ball hogging point guards that make trouble in the locker room and watch him give up every Knicks' 1st round draft pick until 2020.I'm also hoping for Dolan to bring in more female interns so that Isiah Thomas could relive his glory days from a few years ago.It's obvious that his time on earth wasn't completed after he survived his attempted suicide.

Veteran

Isiah's probably going to trade for Gilbert Arenas and/or Monta Ellis.

Then he's going to give Jerome James another contract

He's the worse owner ever IMO...thats why a lot of guys don't come here. They Know

Originally Posted by metrocard
    we will never have a championship as long dolan is owner.

as long as dolan owns the knicks we are doomed... its just that simple and david stern should get the blame for this. he should have stepped in a long time ago and demanded dolan stay out of day to day operation or sell the team. the dolan's are just a bunch of thugs that used government payola to establish a cable monopoly and keep it together... jr is a daddies boy lackie and i.t. knows it and how to stroke it obviously.

i do believe this report...... think about it ......what president (walsh) would want the other fired president(isiah) hanging around talking to the owner???...... and then to hire isiah to advise walsh????....... ON WHAT!!!!!how to ruin a franchises????? if im walsh i would quit ....... and if the story is true about the GM job.... and i for one believe it..... id quit right on the spot telling dolan to take this job and shove it......... NOW I HAVE TO QUESTION MYSELF...........DO I REALLY WANT TO SUPPORT A TEAM OWN BY DOLAN!!!!! dolan is breaking my will

Ehh, I don't really believe this article. I think the media is just trying to stir up a story. Isiah will have the same role he had when he first got fired: a consultant with no power.

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Ehh, I don't really believe this article. I think the media is just trying to stir up a story. Isiah will have the same role he had when he first got fired: a consultant with no power.
    Why bring him onboard the second time? Why have him talk to LeBron? Why give him credit for getting Amar'e? Why is he still in the picture?

All of this smells very fishy!

Originally Posted by shaolin
    Why bring him onboard the second time? Why have him talk to LeBron? Why give him credit for getting Amar'e? Why is he still in the picture?

All of this smells very fishy!
    I don't think he ever really left. He's been consulting them unofficially since he was fired. Believe it or not, some players still respect him to a certain extent. He probably had something to do with bringing in Amare, that's a lot more believable than some plot to give credit Isiah when he doesn't deserve it. He's still in the picture because the organization feels he can help them recruit players and evaluate talent.

I wouldn't make more out of this than it really is. Of course, if I'm wrong, we're all royally ****ed.

sorry JAYJ44 i think we are royally ***ed....... thk about it........ if dolemite really wants to thank someone how about thanking walsh for get us under the cap so we could offer max contracts..... also the daily news and the ny post knicks beat writers both pick up this story u think there both wrong??? or making this up as they go along ??.....one more thing........MONEY HAD EVERYTHING TO DO WITH AMARE being here.......... no other team would offer him max contract with his injured past

man o man. I think i would of understood if donnie had resigned, but i'm glad he didn't. Perhaps he can try to Isiah-proof the team over the next two seasons....

So disappointing to have him as a part of our organization again.

Dolan is a guarantee that we will never win a title. Hopefully he doesn't have a son as incompetent as his father did. Hopefully he didn't pro-create, period.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    man o man. I think i would of understood if donnie had resigned, but i'm glad he didn't. Perhaps he can try to Isiah-proof the team over the next two seasons....

So disappointing to have him as a part of our organization again.

lol........... we need to make the organization dolemite proof

Veteran

It's all biz. Dolon is smarter than most people give him credit for. I'm into business too and most sucessful businesses flurish due to sacrificing. The public opinion is often never the deciding factor. Most fans don't understand the biz side of things. Walsh and D'Antonio aren't respected enough to bait in the big fish, and this is the SOLE reason why Zeke is in the mix. Just look at what was brought in over the summer...Dolon wants more for his bucks (elite players) so he's using Zeke to fish CP3 and Mello.

Dolon, Zeke, Walsh, And Antonio need to put differences a side and use their special talents to making the team NY deserves. F#$% what a fan has to say about the internal circus in the Knicks organiztion. The sorry ass media does not get my underpants in a bunch like most panzy panty wearing fans who have nothing else better to do than to pretend like they know how easy and hard it is to run a professional sports team.

What players do off the court I can give 2 ****s about, what Zeke and the administration is doing behind close doors...I can give 3 ****s about it. What Wlah D'Antonio and Zeke thinks about each other...I can give 4 ****s about it. I can clog a comode with all the BS people (so called fans) choose to make an issue out of. All I care about is a Great team that will compete

The Knicks could trade away Gallinari and someone else for Carmelo this year or Denver <ST1</ST1will risk loosing out on everything next year because Carmelo will not sign the extension. This is why Zeke is in the mix. He’s there to persuade the elite players because neither Walsh nor D’Antonio is savvy or respected enough to attract the big fish. Dolon knows this…Walsh may be able to clean up some financial issues but that’s about it. Ego's will hinder this team more than anything else.

PYP - Play. your. part