Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donnie Almost Resigns Because of Isiah

Banned

maybe that grim reaper dude story was right about thomas having secret photos on him because i dont even think dolan is that stupid...or is he?

Veteran

1050 is having a call in about this Isiah disaster. What a mess.... Just when you think its safe to go back in the water.... Still the laughingstock of the league.....

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    It's all biz. Dolon is smarter than most people give him credit for. I'm into business too and most sucessful businesses flurish due to sacrificing. The public opinion is often never the deciding factor. Most fans don't understand the biz side of things. Walsh and D'Antonio aren't respected enough to bait in the big fish, and this is the SOLE reason why Zeke is in the mix. Just look at what was brought in over the summer...Dolon wants more for his bucks (elite players) so he's using Zeke to fish CP3 and Mello.

Dolon, Zeke, Walsh, And Antonio need to put differences a side and use their special talents to making the team NY deserves. F#$% what a fan has to say about the internal circus in the Knicks organiztion. The sorry ass media does not get my underpants in a bunch like most panzy panty wearing fans who have nothing else better to do than to pretend like they know how easy and hard it is to run a professional sports team.

What players do off the court I can give 2 ****s about, what Zeke and the administration is doing behind close doors...I can give 3 ****s about it. What Wlah D'Antonio and Zeke thinks about each other...I can give 4 ****s about it. I can clog a comode with all the BS people (so called fans) choose to make an issue out of. All I care about is a Great team that will compete

The Knicks could trade away Gallinari and someone else for Carmelo this year or Denver <ST1</ST1will risk loosing out on everything next year because Carmelo will not sign the extension. This is why Zeke is in the mix. He’s there to persuade the elite players because neither Walsh nor D’Antonio is savvy or respected enough to attract the big fish. Dolon knows this…Walsh may be able to clean up some financial issues but that’s about it. Ego's will hinder this team more than anything else.

PYP - Play. your. part
    You got to be joking!

It's all biz. Dolon is smarter than most people give him credit for. I'm into business too and most sucessful businesses flurish due to sacrificing. The public opinion is often never the deciding factor. Most fans don't understand the biz side of things. Walsh and D'Antonio aren't respected enough to bait in the big fish, and this is the SOLE reason why Zeke is in the mix. Just look at what was brought in over the summer...Dolon wants more for his bucks (elite players) so he's using Zeke to fish CP3 and Mello.

Dolon, Zeke, Walsh, And Antonio need to put differences a side and use their special talents to making the team NY deserves. F#$% what a fan has to say about the internal circus in the Knicks organiztion. The sorry ass media does not get my underpants in a bunch like most panzy panty wearing fans who have nothing else better to do than to pretend like they know how easy and hard it is to run a professional sports team.

What players do off the court I can give 2 ****s about, what Zeke and the administration is doing behind close doors...I can give 3 ****s about it. What Wlah D'Antonio and Zeke thinks about each other...I can give 4 ****s about it. I can clog a comode with all the BS people (so called fans) choose to make an issue out of. All I care about is a Great team that will compete

The Knicks could trade away Gallinari and someone else for Carmelo this year or Denver <ST1</ST1will risk loosing out on everything next year because Carmelo will not sign the extension. This is why Zeke is in the mix. He’s there to persuade the elite players because neither Walsh nor D’Antonio is savvy or respected enough to attract the big fish. Dolon knows this…Walsh may be able to clean up some financial issues but that’s about it. Ego's will hinder this team more than anything else.

PYP - Play. your. part

dude...... i dont know what u been smoking but ur going need to past that around to get me to believe that thomas can be any help at all ........ lol u said dolemite was succesful.....lol..... AT WHAT!!!! running daddys company???? the only succesful think he done was be born to daddy rich......i take that back..... he has been succesful at one thing......destroying the NEW YORK knicks..... hes done a very good job at that!!!!!!!
    Last edited by gaknickfan; Aug 09, 2010 at 16:28.

Originally Posted by gaknickfan
    dude...... i dont know what u been smoking but ur going need to past that around to get me to believe that thomas can be any help at all ........ lol u said dolemite was succesful.....lol..... AT WHAT!!!! running daddys company???? the only succesful think he done was be born to daddy rich......i take that back..... he has been succesful at one thing......destroying the NEW YORK knicks..... hes done a very good job at that!!!!!!!
    I don't know what I should be laughing more at: the lessons of business or the justification of letting Isiah make any decisions re: basketball operations. It's like no one else can judge talent or recruit better than this guy. He is the best we can do, and without him, we will lose out on many future free agents. F out of here! I am really tired of hearing any reasons as to why it is good that Isiah helps the Knicks.

And just because someone is running a business or overseeing the operations does not mean they know what they are doing. Sure, he knows how to make money. It's hard not to when running a team like the Knicks that is located in one of the world's largest markets. It's not like you have to advertise to sellout. Just because Kozlowski was the CEO of tyco, it didn't mean he was good for its business growth. The Yankees could fail and still be the most profitable team in MLB. Still, it does not mean that the owners necessarily know how to run a baseball team well. Actually, once Steinbrenner's sons shut up and let Cashman and girardi run the show, look what happened. Dolan can oversee the business, but let Walsh take care of the operations, including making the hiring decisions. Let's not kid ourselves, Dolan is a clown that is not equipped with the knowhow of running a successful basketball team - that is what I am convinced of.
    Last edited by shaolin; Aug 09, 2010 at 19:46.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    I don't know what I should be laughing more at: the lessons of business or the justification of letting Isiah make any decisions re: basketball operations. It's like no one else can judge talent or recruit better than this guy. He is the best we can do, and without him, we will lose out on many future free agents. F out of here! I am really tired of hearing any reasons as to why it is good that Isiah helps the Knicks.

And just because someone is running a business or overseeing the operations does not mean they know what they are doing. Sure, he knows how to make money. It's hard not to when running a team like the Knicks that is located in one of the world's largest markets. It's not like you have to advertise to sellout. Just because Kozlowski was the CEO of tyco, it didn't mean he was good for its business growth. The Yankees could fail and still be the most profitable team in MLB. Still, it does not mean that the owners necessarily know how to run a baseball team well. Actually, once Steinbrenner's sons shut up and let Cashman and girardi run the show, look what happened. Dolan can oversee the business, but let Walsh take care of the operations, including making the hiring decisions. Let's not kid ourselves, Dolan is a clown that is not equipped with the knowhow of running a successful basketball team - that is what I am convinced of.

thomas is not the end all in scouting talent...... its all about dolemite hard on for this guy..... and lets give Steinbrenner some credit ..... remember what the yankees look like before he came to town??? i didnt agree with every thing he did but say this about the man.....HE WANTED TO WIN PLAN AND SIMPLE ......CAN WE HONEST SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT DOLEMITE?????and lets not forget it was charlie dolan that try to put the screws to george steinbrenner years ago in a cable TV dispute that made george think about starting his own network.......... thats when the yankees became a cash cow
    Last edited by gaknickfan; Aug 09, 2010 at 20:33.

Originally Posted by gaknickfan
    thomas is not the end all in scouting talent...... its all about dolemite hard on for this guy..... and lets give Steinbrenner some credit ..... remember what the yankees look like before he came to town??? i didnt agree with every thing he did but say this about the man.....HE WANTED TO WIN PLAN AND SIMPLE ......CAN WE HONEST SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT DOLEMITE?????and lets not forget it was charlie dolan that try to put the screws to george steinbrenner years ago in a cable TV dispute that made george think about starting his own network thats when the yankees became a cash cow
    I don't mean George Steinbrenner, I mean his sons. But I guess the same could be said in terms of wanting to win. I like your last point.

Just to clarify, I wasn't disputing your comments, but the guy you replied to. I think you are right, he must be smoking something.

I just vomited in my mouth. I thought we were really getting going in the right direction and then here we go with this bull****. We had a young athletic team that was capable of challenging for a playoff spot then we do this dumb ****. Dolan starts pushing the ****ing panic button because he doesn't see a team chalk full of superstars and Isiah starts telling Dolan that we should get him in to get Melo and CP3. Well what happens if we don't get those guys and were stuck with Isiah long term. Seems it is a bad thing. He is a piece of **** of a person that you don't want working in your office. This is awful.

Originally Posted by shaolin
    I don't mean George Steinbrenner, I mean his sons. But I guess the same could be said in terms of wanting to win. I like your last point.

Just to clarify, I wasn't disputing your comments, but the guy you replied to. I think you are right, he must be smoking something.

thks buddy..... yeah this guy is definitely drinking the kool aidlol
    Last edited by gaknickfan; Aug 09, 2010 at 23:08.

Veteran

Walsh and D'Antoni aren't respected? Please. None of the Team USA players had anything but good things to say about D'Antoni.

The reason we didn't sign three max players was this: We still had Eddy Curry's contract on our roster. You know why we have Eddy Curry in the first place? Oh right some dude ISIAH THOMAS went and traded away our picks for that guy.

PYP - Play. your. part
    LOL who have you been taking your lessons on business from? The CEO of BP?

Actually in 99.9% of business the public opinion of you matters a LOT, they are the customer and the most important aspect of any business is the customer.

Back to school you go

Veteran

Angry

RealNYBaller.....has made a great business point inwhich Bias minds
    refuse to comprehend anything he wrote. I know, b/c I too is bias,
    and I never like or wanted Isiah/Walsh/Damtoni apart of the Knicks
    organization (I bashed all three on the day of their hiring).
    And I still dont want any of the 3 being apart of the Knicks organization.
    We can not defy the fact by lieing to ourselves that no team
    in the NBA was going to give Amare Stoudamire a $100M for 5 years,
    not even his previous Suns team (there is a reason). com'on

The fact of drawing some top FA having a 5 yr All-Star Amare/winning USA
    coach Damntoni/and 22 yr experience Donnie Walsh as President,
    before/after the "Lebron Decision" and the only FA willing to come to
    New York was Felton? the same Felton the Bobcats refuse to resign for
    $5M per (Bobcats decided Augustin/Livingston/undrafted Collins could do
    a better job at PG). com'on

Did we forget our 2 year objective the 2010-Plan (biggest FA market ever)?
    For 2 years we did not go after any Keepers, other than Gallo/Douglas.
    Now we have Knick-fans/members dreaming of Melo/CP3 in 2011-12,
    b/c no top FA wanted any of the money Walsh was dangling to come to
    New York, other than Amare/Felton.
    com'on

It look like we owe David Lee big time, he did not have to agree to a sign and trade
    for us to get $2M Randolph/3M Azu/4M Turiaf
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Aug 10, 2010 at 07:36.

Veteran

Angry Nothing Changed!!!

The truth of so many KO members evaluating Walsh vs Isiah vs Laydum
    is poor competition.
    All three Presidents were poor/ineficient/and clueless of their actions.
    Isiah being the worst of the bunch.

Each one of these 3 presidents refuse to hire an assistant GM/additional
    coaching staff members their first two years on the JOB while they deleted
    the previous roster.
    Our clueless owner Dolan has always poped-up making some crazy move
    after the first two years of each of these 3 Presidents show of incompetence.
    Dolan had Camby/Nene traded for Mcdyess
    Dolan hired Isiah arch enemy Larry Brown
    and now Dolan has really lost his mind by trying to hire Isiah as a
    team consultant for Walsh.
    The NCAA/NBA is not going to go for this action.
    But the thought of the action remains as top headlines in New York
    and the NBA.

This is one time I didnt have to put up a thread in any Knick Forum bashing
    the decision-making of owner James Dolan.
    Every Knick Fan/members of Knick forums are bashing the hell out of
    owner Dolan.

A decade of stressing Knick Basketball, and bang! here we go again.
    Nothing Changed...

Veteran

LOL, thanks for confirming it guys. I forgot that this was a fansite and not many business minded people are here.

Once you can grasps the poli-tricks of the NBA(and other sports) you will understand why the Knicks are where they are at.

With that said, I don't really care about the biz in sports. I like sports because of the players and the actual game. I hardly like wasting my time debating or explaining the nature of this beast to people who have nothing better to do then to get into the personal crap within sports.

That's the difference between me and other fans. I'm a fan to the game, and if the game isn't played to the way I like ... I move on to something else that will peak my interest and provide me with some fun. If you choose to get involved with the off the court drama, or the brass inability to develop a strong team (WITHOUT ACTUALLY GETTING INVOLVED WITH THE DECISION MAKING) then IMHO, you have way too much time on your hands. Some of you guys really need to check yourselves...seriously.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I'm going to end Kiyaman's and RealNY baller's argument when I return from boxing.

Be prepared.