Roger Mason Jnr is now a Knick

Sage

Rotation player
Don't know much about him but looking over his stats, I'm not really seeing much. What is he supposed to bring to the table?

Paul1355

All Star
this is a good pickup....he was hurt last year and didnt show his talent for shooting...

He even started 2 years ago many games and always took clutch shots and hit them.

He is a very good three point shooter that can play point guard as a backup.

For 1.4 mil this is good....an injured T Mac got 1.2 from Detroit....and I'd rather have Mason Jr.

elcol

Rotation player
i received that same message on facebook too, but the nyk facebook group and NYK website are slow as hell compared to knicksonline news.

no biggy :D

OakTree

Rookie
this is a good pickup....he was hurt last year and didnt show his talent for shooting...

He even started 2 years ago many games and always took clutch shots and hit them.

He is a very good three point shooter that can play point guard as a backup.

For 1.4 mil this is good....an injured T Mac got 1.2 from Detroit....and I'd rather have Mason Jr.

Yeah, he was pretty solid for the Spurs right?

Paul1355

All Star
Yeah, he was pretty solid for the Spurs right?
Yes he was. He would start some games and was the sixth man if everyone was healthy

He was known for shooting the big clutch shots and making them.

Last year he went from a 42% outside shooter to a 33% outside shooter because of a hand injury so don't let the stats fool you.

He can shoot and he can light it up when it counts.

Great pick up

Paul1355

All Star
bout time we pick up player that can play defense
Mason is not known for his defense, he is prob below average at defense since he not that quick.

He is known for his outside shot and decent ball handling skills.

He is clutch. Like a tall Eddie House with better handles and a better IQ.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Paul, you're my boy and all, but I feel your scouting report sucks. He actually is a pretty good defender, not elite but certainly solid (he got significant playing time for Greg Pop in the past few years) and is not even close the the quick shot gunslinger Eddie House is, he has a reliable three point shot and a decent IQ I agree, but hate the comparison, I'd say he's a solid defender to add to the rotation with a reliable set shot and good intangibles (smart play, ability to handle point if needed, winning mentality). Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's my opinion based on what I've seen and read of him, but I'll admit I see about 4 Spurs games per season so most of my info is based on things I've read

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I agree. You don't get in the game on Popovich's team unless you defend.

I really like this signing. It definitely gives us much needed depth at the SG position. I think Mason is a nice player. He shoots the three well, can create a bit and like I said he is a good, solid defender. This was a nice pick up.