A Realistic Outlook on our team and our players

smokes

Huge Member
I have been defending E-city around here for years to no avail. I have followed him since he was at Thornwood. Is he fat???? Yep. But guess what, EVERBODY in Eddys family is fat. He is going to have to deal with his weight problems for life. Then you throw in Baby Mama and every other sort of Southside Chicago drama and that's E-city's life. I mean one of his children's mother was murdered last year. But while Stephony(Marbury) could do no wrong even when blackmailing his coach or eating vasaline on youtube, E-city gets NO sympathy from Knick fans. Especially from the ones here on KO.COM. Most here are bullies who would pick on the fat kid in class and pull the wings off flies. Being the Center for the New York Knicks used to mean something, but not to the Youtube generation. But quiet as kept, our Knicks will need a HUGE effort from E-city to compete in an overloaded East this season. Amare won't be enough and E-city is one of the true centers in the league. And E-city needs another contract to sustain his life more than any other player in the league. Its shame to dump money on a nice kid with a bad background with no support system. Eddy should have gone to college for at least 2 years.

Guess what? Plenty of people go through shit in life and DON'T get paid 12 million dollars and they can still succeed at what they do.

Eddy is lazy, no argument necessary, it's proven. Why should we sympathize with someone who's contract shits all over this team and handicaps us?

Guess what? Plenty of people go through shit in life and DON'T get paid 12 million dollars and they can still succeed at what they do.

Eddy is lazy, no argument necessary, it's proven. Why should we sympathize with someone who's contract shits all over this team and handicaps us?

You have a lot to learn about life. With that said it is okay because from the way you post i see you care only about winning and not the players in the knick uniform. However put yourself in Eddy Curry's shoes : you have a dead daughter( this alone is traumatizing to even think about) you are going broke,you are on the verge of getting arrested, so why wouldn't i sympathize with a guy these problems on a emotional stand point. However in terms of business and the team he is our only legit center for the team being until his contract expires or we trade him.

I have seen alot of threads praising some of our players calling for them to have big seasons or for us to become a 6th seed. While it is great to be optimistic i also think it is great to be realistic. With that said here is a real look on our players.

Pg- Raymond Felton,Toney Douglas -here is where the problem starts our focal point of this systems is a good foundation to begin with the lack of depth and Douglas being turner of prone/ rushing shots and settling for bad shots with the shot clock winding down. Felton being undersized and not a good one on one defender for all the speed he has he can't stay in front of anyone ( see playoffs for proof Jamer Nelson destroyed him)

Sg- Kelenna Azubuike, Roger Mason- lack of depth again.. we will start the season with one true shooting guard Roger mason meaning someone will play out of position mostly chandler resulting in the same problems from last year ( Chandlers bad handling for a Sg and poor 3pt shot)

Sf- Danilo Gallinari Wilson Chandler Bill Walker- one of the only plus we have so far. The Sf depth on this team is a good one, we have a shooter in Gallinari a great one on one defender in Chandler and a good shooter/slasher in Bill Walker. Only problem is getting minutes for each player at the Sf position to keep them from playing out of position. This position has the brightest upside seeing all the players here are young and can improve.

Pf-Amare Stoudemire ,Anthony Randolph - Not a great depth but easily our best positions in terms of sheer star power (Amare) and mismatches (Randolph) this is going to be a starting point of our offense running the pick and roll with Amare which should prove healthy. However Randolph still seems to be a question mark one thing that bothers is his maturity and work ethic he has all the tools but while doing research i found he has had a lot of falling out with his coach and is sometimes stubborn. However his physical tools are there is all up to the coaching staff and him to harness it.

C- Ronny Turiaf , Timofey Mozgov, Eddy Curry - Here is where we have a problem and where people tend to over look, Turiaf is only a 20-25min player because of recent surgery and we know too little on Timofey to expect him to come in and produce. We have to hope Curry gets the nodd because with have a big hole here. Also with Turiaf on the floor it brings defensive intensity but he is a hole on offense because of his inability to shoot or post up, however he helps here because of his hustle and he gets garbage points so its a win win.

Can I get an I told you so?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You have a lot to learn about life. With that said it is okay because from the way you post i see you care only about winning and not the players in the knick uniform. However put yourself in Eddy Curry's shoes : you have a dead daughter( this alone is traumatizing to even think about) you are going broke,you are on the verge of getting arrested, so why wouldn't i sympathize with a guy these problems on a emotional stand point. However in terms of business and the team he is our only legit center for the team being until his contract expires or we trade him.

You have a lot to learn about Eddy Curry.

1. His daughter didn't die.
2. The reason Curry is going broke is: He has yet to pay a $575,000 debt, after making, thus far, $57M in 9 years. He has wasted so much money through greed and stupidity.
3. He is not the Knicks only legit center.

A financial breakdown of Curry's exorbitance for you:

-$30,000 a month in household goods.
-$350,000 a year in debts to Miami's Juwan Howard.
-12 cars. 3 Roles.
-$3.7M in a foreclosure on his Chicago home. Retarded.
-And, forgivably, the gravy train. Where relatives line up for their share of his short lived success.

So the only parties happy about Curry picking up his player option are: McDonald's & Juwan Howard.

Moving back to Curry's daughter. Her mother was shot. Her lone parent now is Curry. He has an opportunity to bring things to right basketball wise. He can shape up and take the pressure of his legs, get focused, get smart and get hungry (no pun) for the sake and betterment of his motherless daughters future.

If he doesn't, will you still be misinforming us about the woes of Eddy Curry?

It's always been about Eddy. That's why things are so ****ed for him and the team he plays for.

I have seen alot of threads praising some of our players calling for them to have big seasons or for us to become a 6th seed. While it is great to be optimistic i also think it is great to be realistic. With that said here is a real look on our players.

Pg- Raymond Felton,Toney Douglas -here is where the problem starts our focal point of this systems is a good foundation to begin with the lack of depth and Douglas being turner of prone/ rushing shots and settling for bad shots with the shot clock winding down. Felton being undersized and not a good one on one defender for all the speed he has he can't stay in front of anyone ( see playoffs for proof Jamer Nelson destroyed him)

Sg- Kelenna Azubuike, Roger Mason- lack of depth again.. we will start the season with one true shooting guard Roger mason meaning someone will play out of position mostly chandler resulting in the same problems from last year ( Chandlers bad handling for a Sg and poor 3pt shot)

Sf- Danilo Gallinari Wilson Chandler Bill Walker- one of the only plus we have so far. The Sf depth on this team is a good one, we have a shooter in Gallinari a great one on one defender in Chandler and a good shooter/slasher in Bill Walker. Only problem is getting minutes for each player at the Sf position to keep them from playing out of position. This position has the brightest upside seeing all the players here are young and can improve.

Pf-Amare Stoudemire ,Anthony Randolph - Not a great depth but easily our best positions in terms of sheer star power (Amare) and mismatches (Randolph) this is going to be a starting point of our offense running the pick and roll with Amare which should prove healthy. However Randolph still seems to be a question mark one thing that bothers is his maturity and work ethic he has all the tools but while doing research i found he has had a lot of falling out with his coach and is sometimes stubborn. However his physical tools are there is all up to the coaching staff and him to harness it.

C- Ronny Turiaf , Timofey Mozgov, Eddy Curry - Here is where we have a problem and where people tend to over look, Turiaf is only a 20-25min player because of recent surgery and we know too little on Timofey to expect him to come in and produce. We have to hope Curry gets the nodd because with have a big hole here. Also with Turiaf on the floor it brings defensive intensity but he is a hole on offense because of his inability to shoot or post up, however he helps here because of his hustle and he gets garbage points so its a win win.

Damn I was nearly spot on except for the C position and how much we would win :smokin: