Longoria Fuels Parker-To-New York Rumors

YEARITEHERE

Benchwarmer
The wife of Spurs point guard Tony Parker, actress Eva Longoria, has fueled rumors that her husband wants to play for the Knicks.

The couple watched their friend Thierry Henry play for the Red Bulls in New Jersey on Sunday night.

"No, we're just here watching [Henry]," Longoria said when asked if their presence meant Parker was headed to the Knicks.

However, when asked if Parker wanted to play in New York, she nodded her head and said, "Yes."

Parker will make $13.5 million in the final year of his contract with San Antonio this season.

The problem though is that Tony Parker is not getting any younger with all his milaeage through his playing time. If TP was younger then absolutely I would get him as our future point guard but right now I would give Raymond Felton a great shot of what he can do for the knicks and if he plays really well and plays over his standards then he should be considered our point guard because he is younger than tony Parker. However, Deron Williams is actually the guy that i would take over out of Tony Parker and yes even Chris Paul because Paul had had an recent injury and Deron has stayed pretty much reliable and good to go if i remeber. Dont get me Chris Paul is a great and amazing player but I just luv Deron`s competitiveness of what he brings to the court and the way he plays the game.

Paul1355

All Star
Parker is a solid plan B

The wife of Spurs point guard Tony Parker, actress Eva Longoria, has fueled rumors that her husband wants to play for the Knicks.

The couple watched their friend Thierry Henry play for the Red Bulls in New Jersey on Sunday night.

"No, we're just here watching [Henry]," Longoria said when asked if their presence meant Parker was headed to the Knicks.

However, when asked if Parker wanted to play in New York, she nodded her head and said, "Yes."

Parker will make $13.5 million in the final year of his contract with San Antonio this season.
Well that's good, a back up plan from Chris Paul...but again i don't see us affording Parker and Melo...unless they took pay cuts like the Heat did but Parker is not Chris Paul. And I'd rather have Raymond Felton for two years then have a shot at Chris Paul...who will def be intrigued by joining Amare and the future knick (Melo).

pakopako

Benchwarmer
The problem though is that Tony Parker is not getting any younger with all his milaeage through his playing time. If TP was younger then absolutely I would get him as our future point guard but right now I would give Raymond Felton a great shot of what he can do for the knicks and if he plays really well and plays over his standards then he should be considered our point guard because he is younger than tony Parker. However, Deron Williams is actually the guy that i would take... I just luv Deron`s competitiveness of what he brings to the court and the way he plays the game.

I would agree totally if not for Derek Fisher. When he got older, his playing style slowed down, but was still effective. It is a risk as not all PGs are a Derek Fisher. The better bet is to use Felton (after all, that's why he's here) and maybe sign TP if he's not asking for 10+ -- which I doubt.