Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

Thumbs up Sources: Carmelo Anthony likely to go

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by YEARITEHERE
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

this is exciting news!

If he signs... we automatically become an elite team.
    Felton
    Melo
    Gallo
    Amare
    Randolph/ Mozgov
    Turiaf, mason, chandler, azzy, walker, jordan, fields off the bench. Crazy team

On 7-1-11 Carmelo Anthony will say that he is taking his talents to a non-Knick team.

couple of things that makes me think positive

LA LA
    Orangemen
    Mike D
    we dump Curry

I refuse to take the bait like a hapless fish. I'll believe it when it happens.

Stop being excited over news that does not have a reliable resource. A lot of things can happen that can influence his decision.

Veteran

1. We get another ex-Syracuse player. I don't really watch much college ball, but I suppose if I had to pick some teams, I'd root for Syracuse.

2. We get quite possibly the best pure scorer in the world. Yes, I believe as a scorer Carmelo is better than anybody else in the NBA.

3. Carmelo is versatile and can play SG, SF, and PF if we want him to.

4. Even if we ignore the CP3/Parker talk, we're automatically elite, like the above player. If Gallo plays to his potential, then I think with Carmelo we have a realistic shot at being the best team in the East.

New York Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse
    28.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.2 apg in 38.2 minutes
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Eddy Curry
    6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
    3.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.0 apg in 8.9 minutes
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari
    6-10 SF from Italy (Foreign)
    15.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.9 minutes
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Anthony Randolph
    6-10 PF from LSU
    11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.7 minutes
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Denver Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Eddy Curry
    6-10 PF from LSU
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Looks like Carmelo may take the dough and ask Den. to trade him or may force him to trade him in risk of losing him for nothing. Gallo and Randolph is better than anything The Nets is going to offer!

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
    Wilson/Azabuike
    Melo/Walker
    Stat/Melo
    Ronnie T./Mozgov

I'm realistic we would only be the 4th best team in the East in terms of record with this roster but would be a very dangerous matchup come playoff time and could knock off a #1 seed in the second round.

But this would make us respectable again and relavent in the basketball world!

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

One thing i will always remember about Melo is the punch he had on Mardy Collins. Mardy Collins deserved to get punched. Before he was suspended Melo was leading the NBA in ppg, and he has a real good chance of accomplishing that for the next season.
    Everyone involved in that brawl on the Knicks is no longer playing with the Knicks, we changed for the best. To have Melo sign with NY will be a big change to become a championship contender. Melo will become a NY hero if he comes to the Knicks and win the championship title.
    But I'm a dreamer. Man I want the Knicks to win it soon, I hope they win it in my life time.

**** that, if they ever drop galo i will be a bitter knicks fan until the day he retires

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    One thing i will always remember about Melo is the punch he had on Mardy Collins.
    You mean that sucker punch where he came around a crowd of 10 guys and flung a punch out of nowhere then backed up about 40 feet back to his own bench for protection? That was the biggest ***** immature move I have ever seen in the history of sports, for a guy making multimillions, out of NY, to make a woman move like that at MSG, the mecca of basketball. F**K Carmelo Anthony, get him as far away from a Knick team as he can possibly get, I don't want him on my team, if he signs I will boycott the team and march up and down 34th and 7th in protest until he is gone, give me John Starks, give me Charles Oakley, give me players that want to pull on the orange and blue & bleed Knicks night in night out and show it night in night out, I don't want no dream team, big 3, big 4, big 5, i want blood sweat and tears, I want passion, i want bruises, i want cuts, i want those marks left on the court. F**k Carmelo Anthony.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York
    New York Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Eddy Curry
    6-10 PF from LSU

Denver Trade Breakdown

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Eddy Curry
    6-10 PF from LSU
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=2 scope=col>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo> </TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse

Looks like Carmelo may take the dough and ask Den. to trade him or may force him to trade him in risk of losing him for nothing. Gallo and Randolph is better than anything The Nets is going to offer!

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
    Wilson/Azabuike
    Melo/Walker
    Stat/Melo
    Ronnie T./Mozgov

I'm realistic we would only be the 4th best team in the East in terms of record with this roster but would be a very dangerous matchup come playoff time and could knock off a #1 seed in the second round.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Originally Posted by Dirk
    You mean that sucker punch where he came around a crowd of 10 guys and flung a punch out of nowhere then backed up about 40 feet back to his own bench for protection? That was the biggest ***** immature move I have ever seen in the history of sports, for a guy making multimillions, out of NY, to make a woman move like that at MSG, the mecca of basketball. F**K Carmelo Anthony, get him as far away from a Knick team as he can possibly get, I don't want him on my team, if he signs I will boycott the team and march up and down 34th and 7th in protest until he is gone, give me John Starks, give me Charles Oakley, give me players that want to pull on the orange and blue & bleed Knicks night in night out and show it night in night out, I don't want no dream team, big 3, big 4, big 5, i want blood sweat and tears, I want passion, i want bruises, i want cuts, i want those marks left on the court. F**k Carmelo Anthony.

lol sucker punch, I cant believe your so stupid that you don't know that punk deserved it. And calling someone a woman and then saying fk them on the internet is more of a pussssy move then punching someone and running backwards when you got a bunch of big ass basketball players coming at you. Ur a joke

Originally Posted by New New York
    New York Trade Breakdown

<table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse
    </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td>Eddy Curry
    </td></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td class="even">Danilo Gallinari
    </td></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td>Anthony Randolph
    6-10 PF from LSU
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Denver Trade Breakdown
    <table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td>Eddy Curry
    </td></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td class="even">Danilo Gallinari
    </td></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td>Anthony Randolph
    6-10 PF from LSU
    </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="breakdowntable" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="2" scope="col">Outgoing Players</th></tr><tr><td class="photo"> </td><td>Carmelo Anthony
    6-8 SF from Syracuse
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Felton/Douglas/Rautins
    Wilson/Azabuike
    Melo/Walker
    Stat/Melo
    Ronnie T./Mozgov

You kidding me? If Melo wants out no way...NO ****ING WAY...am I giving up Randolph AND Gallinari. This is how a market economy works...everyone knows Carmelo wants out, and if he has mind to go to to NY, he won't sign an extension anywhere. We become basically the sole buyers. As sole buyers we can name our price. That means NOT giving up EITHER of our two brightest young stars...not to mention BOTH of them. Melo is a good player but he's not worth risking our entire future and potential to have a team that GROWS UP in this league playing TOGETHER. We've done that enough this past decade.

I used it once and I have no shame in using it again:

And why would we trade Gallo and Randolph? If Melo is forcing Denver's hand then Curry and a few pieces would suffice. Cap room speaks volumes and if they got Curry and Chandler, that's $13m+ right there. Maybe we'd have to tack Gallo onto that trade if things get dicey, but we should be able to effectively rape Denver in a deal if Melo is forcing their hand.

No need to get excited about the possibility of getting Melo and throw all of our youth at Denver.